• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

New Box Art
2771232-dfa.jpg

They replaced him.

The actor on stage was directly mentioned to play Jack Joyce, which is the lead characters name and the same person from the previous demos.

Welp, there it is. I had a feeling with the way they presented the character in the trailer and welcomed Shawn Ashmore on stage that he was taking over the reigns. Christ, how long had they shown the first guy as the protagonist for, two years? That's got to hurt. Reminds me of the whole business surrounding Todd Stashwick and Uncharted 4.

Game looks phenomenal and casting Ashmore and some other well-known actors was a great decision if they're going for some kind of TV show tie-in. He makes a good video game protagonist.

jond76

Banned
I'm in. Hell, I think the TV show stuff looks great too. Really like Ashmore from the Following. Whole cast is top notch.

Frog-fu

Banned
I much, much, much prefer the old Jack Joyce over this new guy.

Game still looks phenomenal though. I've had it preordered since E3 2013 cuz Remedy.

nib95

Banned
Shame they got rid of Phil Spencer, but the new cast is cool. Looked fun, and trippy as well, though it feels like you're a bit too overpowered, and there's almost too much in the way of effects. They especially need to tone down the brightness of the post process effect when you slow down time, as much of the time I could barely make much out. Overall, I'm definitely intrigued by the premise.

HooYaH

Doesn't look that great. I'll say it is a downgrade from the past trailers. Hope there are more detective stuff than shoot guy A and B.

Chobel

The best VFX I've ever seen, including movies.

And yeah, I also preferred the old character look :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Visually it looks phenomenal. I really like that time-lapse story-telling in that warehouse.
Yea, that was one of the most impressive things i've seen in any game. Ever, it's insane what they're doing with the facial capture, the incredible destruction and contortion effects on the environment. Love it.

Fbh

Looks great.
Combat looks fun and knowing Remedy the story will be interesting. Also, the graphics are pretty awesome

occelinho

Gameplay looked better than the previous one from last years E3 if you ask me.
Really looking forward to it and it's coming sooner than I first thought it would be.

is this being tied in with a TV show as well?

Game has a companion tv-show on the disc. They tie together in terms of story.

Back when the game was announced, Remedy said that choices in the game would affect the tv-show, but they haven't talked about that since then, so that aspect might have been scrapped.

The entire gameplay trailer looked really dull...both the gameplay and the cutscenes. The whole time-and-space-warping thing isn't grabbing me. I feel like a couple of other games did that (or something along those lines) in a more interesting way. Even the whole time-lapse bit in the warehouse just felt kinda blah. Aside from the time/space stuff, the combat looks like any other 3rd person shooter. Characters seem uninteresting. Graphics look good technically, but a bit underwhelming artistically. Audio was good.

Similar to my feelings about Scalebound, I feel like Quantum Break is a game that's about 5 years too late. Ho-hum.

geordiemp

Preferred Crackdown and Scalebound myself.

The concept looks great, but everything looked so blurred and washed out in the times bubbles I kept looking for my reading glasses.

I know they wanted to include some effects, but it just so hazey and foggy and smeary blurry.....uh...

Kinyou

Combat feels more polished compared to the previous demo.

Change of the actor bugs me though. Especially because I'm not really a fan of Shawn Ashmore.

(Casting Little Finger is great though)

The game looks phenomenal, re-casting the main character probably definitely resulted in a hefty delay. But it may have been worth it, the game is shaping up excellently. The story telling seems fantastic with a Time Machine movie like narrative structure. That scene was impressive showing time passing in real-time.

This game is going to be Day 1 for me, been waiting for it since it was announced.

Ushay

Was NOT expecting those additional actors to be in this.

Have to say this looks incredible, very polished and a different tale in the gaming genre. Day 1 for me, Remedy always deliver.

Edit: Ahh I see the lead has been changed. Can't say I'll miss the last guy.

Recasting everyone in the game came out of nowhere. I wonder how much work with the old actors they must have scrapped, especially with the live-action stuff, too. RIP OG Jack.

I thought the game looked really good. Its the first time I've been truly impressed with it. I don't know how I feel about recasting the main character but I love the addition of Aiden Gillian.

golem

The gameplay looks pretty standard tbh.. which is ok i guess. Everything else looks good so I'll be there day 1

Zaptruder

Banned
Really impressive effects.

Gunplay looks like nothing new though.

I mean if you're going to be super speedy time breaker, then surely we can find more creative ways to engage the enemy?

Ricky_R

I think it's good that you're overpowered. It makes the powers feel like they actually have some weight. If they balance it right, I think it would make for some pretty satisfying gameplay.

Btw, Carcetti, Daniels and a Hobbit up in this bitch.

Top Bottom