• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

shinnn

The amount of things happening on screen, sounds. Mind blowing. There must be a hell of work to build this engine.

The change of the character was a big surprise. Came from nowhere.

April 2016. Awesome.

GavinUK86

xAna3Z2.gif

Haklong

I prefer the look of the old character but that was great. I love Remedy so I'm there day one. The amount of effects going off at the same time was impressive.

Dabanton

For me the gunplay feel is going to be the real test.

The current king imo is Max Payne 3 say what you like about the story etc, but the gunplay in that game was phenomenal and still hasn't been topped. QB getting anywhere close to that and I'll be impressed.

AW:American Nightmare gunplay bodes well...

pringles

First time I've been really wowed by this game.

I can not get enough of Remedy's blend of storytelling and action gameplay.

solis74

Visually it looks phenomenal. I really like that time-lapse story-telling in that warehouse.

Game looks phenomenal and casting Ashmore and some other well-known actors was a great decision if they're going for some kind of TV show tie-in. He makes a good video game protagonist.

Yea, that was one of the most impressive things i've seen in any game. Ever, it's insane what they're doing with the facial capture, the incredible destruction and contortion effects on the environment. Love it.

Looks stunning!! i prefer the new guy myself.

I'm hopeful that this will turn out good. I hope they can get the right balance of puzzles and hopefully good traversal with the time mechanics to compliment the guaranteed craploads of combat and story segments.

The Flash

Banned
I liked that Phil Spencer look a like from last year but Ashmore is okay too.

I was kinda meh about the whole tv show idea but now I'm on board.

Lol at the complaints about guns. It's like everyone forgot Remedy created Max Payne, you know, their roots? (And one of the best shooters of all time)

SpongyRug10

Neo Member
Not entirely sure what people who say the gameplay looks boring mean. Can anyone suggest how they could have made shooting a gun, in addition to using time amplified powers any more fun?

I can understand statements about combat being boring after extended play; it's partly a shooter after all, but we've only seen a slice of the entire game. I'd withhold opinions until they've shown a much larger slice of the game & that would include possible unique powers of the other 2 protagonists & how well the live action series ties into the whole thing.

usp84

Wait so the character was changed? And now looks like domijic Monaghan? Or am I mistaken?

anyway I loves the gameplay this will be my xbox one seller unless it comes too late

GavinUK86

Wait so the character was changed? And now looks like domijic Monaghan? Or am I mistaken?

anyway I loves the gameplay this will be my xbox one seller unless it comes too late

The player character is now Shawn Ashmore, so it connects to the live action counterpart. Dominic Monaghan is another character, his brother. Aidan Gillen is the antagonist in the game and TV show.

pringles

Not entirely sure what people who say the gameplay looks boring mean. Can anyone suggest how they could have made shooting a gun, in addition to using time amplified powers any more fun?

I can understand statements about combat being boring after extended play; it's partly a shooter after all, but we've only seen a slice of the entire game. I'd withhold opinions until they've shown a much larger slice of the game & that would include possible unique powers of the other 2 protagonists & how well the live action series ties into the whole thing.
Literally every game that involves shooting guns gets these complaints on GAF. Gameplay looks great. If they can combine the best parts of Max Payne and Alan Wake they've got something great here.

Jobbs

Banned
Very impressive presentation wise, and interesting -- But the gameplay itself looks kinda duill so far.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Time dilation mechanics look to encourage movement and speed during encounters, far more reminiscent of Max Payne's design over a standard third person shooter that heavily emphasises cover camping. The powers combined with the shooting almost looks like a game built around a Mass Effect 2/3 biotic+guns combo with some Max Payne in for good measure.

Pretty excited.

VanWinkle

Argh I can't wait for this game. I LOVED the whole scene when time was moving through to recount events that happened. I just astounds me.

Top Bottom