• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

The cast they put together for this game is pretty crazy. Was mostly indifferent toward the TV show bits before but now I'm actually excited to see how they turn out.

GavinUK86

Good looking cast.

Shawn Ashmore (“X-Men: Days of Future Past”) as Jack Joyce
Dominic Monaghan (“Lost”) as William Joyce
Aidan Gillen (“Game of Thrones”) as Paul Serene
Lance Reddick (“Fringe”) as Martin Hatch
Marshall Allman (“True Blood”) as Charlie Wincott
Patrick Heusinger (“Black Swan”) as Liam Burke
Mimi Michaels (“The Ugly Truth”) as Fiona Miller
Amelia Rose Blaire (“True Blood”) as Amy Ferraro
Brooke Nevin as Emily Burke
Courtney Hope as Beth Wilder
Jacqueline Pinol as Sofia Amaral
Jeannie Bolet as Kate Ogawa
Sean Durrie as Nick Marsters

golem

Time dilation mechanics look to encourage movement and speed during encounters, far more reminiscent of Max Payne's design over a standard third person shooter that heavily emphasises cover camping. The powers combined with the shooting almost looks like a game built around a Mass Effect 2/3 biotic+guns combo with some Max Payne in for good measure.

Pretty excited.

The mechanics seem interesting but the gameplay theyve released doesnt really showcase how it actually adds to the game, mostly because every enemy we've seen so far seems fairly low level. I would have liked to see a demo against something much more difficult where using your time abilities wisely was necessary to succeed.

jelly

Looks impressive and the TV show has peaked my interest with that cast, hope it's more than 10 minute shorts. Not sold on the game play yet, I can't tell how challenging it is and what the hell is going on.

Need that this is BS gif in the future for sure :D

Gono

Banned
QB-VGX-Init.jpg

60629711.jpg

GavinGT

Banned
What are we doing in this game when we're not shooting guys? Have they talked about that at all?

I guess we'll be solving time puzzles, but is there an actual world to explore in-between firefights like Alan Wake had?

GavinUK86

What are we doing in this game when we're not shooting guys? Have they talked about that at all?

I guess we'll be solving time puzzles, but is there an actual world to explore in-between firefights like Alan Wake had?

Exploring the environment and putting clues together.

DrBo42

Combat still looks incredibly dull. Maybe it's all the downtime between the time effects waiting for your bullets to land etc or seemingly complete lack of difficulty or required skill. Maybe it's in there but every video has done a terrible job showing it.

Personally, I think this looks friggen awesome. I want this game!

I think the gameplay that seems to be underwhelming some people would be a total blast to play when you're actually in control.

This game could be the real deal!

DevilFox

Woh. If everything else is half as good as it looks and play, this game will be awesome. Hopefully shooting is well integrated with puzzles and storytelling, they seem to be quite separated so far.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The incredible detail in all of the gameplay videos so far continues to ramp up with this new video. Really want to see direct feed to appreciate what I can already see and hear even more.

Surprised with the complete change of Jack if that's really him still, but the detail and animation/movement is so good.

And it always makes me feel good to see guys from The Wire getting new series and movies to work in.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love all the generic 3rd person shooter comments. this looks way better than any 3rd person shooter i've ever seen with lots of new and unique gameplay. really not sure how this gets shit on while other 3rd person shooters (wont name names) get no such backlash.

<3 remedy

Prine

Banned
Some of the best visuals I've seen, insane display of distortion taking place. Remedy are as good as it gets for gunplay so not worried there, though I hope it plays a secondary role to puzzels and exploration.

jacobeid

Banned
Good looking cast.

I wish they would have spent less focus on reproducing a TV cast and producing a unique game. If they focus on story as much as they did with Alan Wake, and if it's written as poorly as that game, then I don't really know what this has going for it other than looking pretty. :/

GavinUK86

I wish they would have spent less focus on reproducing a TV cast and producing a unique game. If they focus on story as much as they did with Alan Wake, and if it's written as poorly as that game, then I don't really know what this has going for it other than looking pretty. :/

But they need the TV cast for both the game and the show. One can't look different than the other.

jacobeid

Banned
But they need the TV cast for both the game and the show. One can't look different than the other.

I'm just going to chalk it up as "not for me" because clearly the quality is there. It's still on my radar though and I'll likely end up playing through it next year, let's be honest.

Trup1aya

This game looks simply stunning...

That last scene in the warehouse... Wow... Usually I can't stand sitting through cutscenes, especially scenes without action... but the effects had me gripped in tight...

I think this one will be worth the wait!

JackHerer

I don't think I really *get* the gameplay in this yet but the visuals in combination with the time distortion effect is really cool and I imagine it will produce some serious eye-candy.

The story seems really interesting too. The live action has some really good actors (hell yea Littlefinger) which I was not expecting at all.

This has the potential to be really amazing I think.

Prine

Banned
Alan Wake had great gameplay its independent of story so I'm not worried. The atmosphere played a large part in my enjoyment of the game.

Hmm, I wasn't too thrilled about the cover shooting mechanics.

The time mechanics look cool...yet... something felt a little over powered about it.

Looks fantastic with the time stopping effects though

Trup1aya

Combat still looks incredibly dull. Maybe it's all the downtime between the time effects waiting for your bullets to land etc or seemingly complete lack of difficulty or required skill. Maybe it's in there but every video has done a terrible job showing it.

Clearly they are playing in god mode... You won't be able to spam time powers like this W/O consequence...

SomTervo

Looks a lot better than the first video.

These goons who are also 'outside of time' is a great idea, and has a lot of gameplay potential. How are people not seeing this? The first gameplay reveal was literally just a generic shooter with a couple of superpowers. This has mixed things up just enough to suggest some really interesting gameplay avenues.

Also the story looks very interesting, although I'm not going to get my hopes up. Alan Wake was nice but did not deliver on the premise or promise. Sam Lake could do better.

RoKKeR

Looks very good. All in for an action packed cinematic game with an engaging story and a good cast of characters.

Too bad I'm out of the country when it releases.

Top Bottom