• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

solis74

This game looks incredible, and I'm surprised how far it's come graphically from last year's showing. Hard to say the XB1 isn't capable after seeing this game. The story sounds better than I thought it would be, too (Remedy usually does well here, though). I think the delay did this game well.

It all sounds like its coming together awesome!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Well, this implies there's a brother which wasn't the case in the original vision (based on what we saw). It was a time cop against a time travelling villain.

Weren't the live action sections supposed to play at the end of each episode/chapter and mirror what was happening in the game/progress the story?

The game seem to have undergone a huge reworking, not for the better in terms of story and characters.We'll see is the detective aspect is still in, but I'm not hopeful based on what we've seen of the new QB.

i think you are jumping to conclusions. the only thing that is obviously different is the main character, which makes sense based on the fact that he'd match the actor in the live action series.

VanWinkle

This game looks incredible, and I'm surprised how far it's come graphically from last year's showing. Hard to say the XB1 isn't capable after seeing this game. The story sounds better than I thought it would be, too (Remedy usually does well here, though). I think the delay did this game well.

Hmm I didn't notice any improvements graphically (and I think it looks fantastic). Can you point out what elements you found were improved?

i think you are jumping to conclusions. the only thing that is obviously different is the main character, which makes sense based on the fact that he'd match the actor in the live action series.

Maybe. I feel there's a tonal shift in the story compared to what we saw before.

I could be and really, really hope I am wrong. I'm not a fan of this new direction. I liked the old aesthetics, old character design, old story and those sections where time stops and you get to walk through all manner of wreckage as well as do some detective work.

That's what I bought into for QB. I didn't see much of that in this demo.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Maybe. I feel there's a tonal shift in the story compared to what we saw before.

I could be and really, really hope I am wrong. I'm not a fan of this new direction. I liked the old aesthetics, old character design, old story and those sections where time stops and you get to walk through all manner of wreckage as well as do some detective work.

again, no reason to think any of that was scrapped. none-what-so-ever. they demo'd what demos best (like last year), guns and explosions. hopefully, like last year, we'll see an extended demo of this showing off more aspects of the game, such as story interactions, exploration, and platforming.

reKon

Banned
X5G1215.gif

dn5Lh57.gif

qSikpSn.gif

Ah9UigT.gif

wtf, the last one is in game?

They showed enough of that in the previous demos would be my guess. Anyhow, glad they got some proper talent in for the live-action segments, should make them more compelling to watch.

again, no reason to think any of that was scrapped. none-what-so-ever. they demo'd what demos best (like last year), guns and explosions. hopefully, like last year, we'll see an extended demo of this showing off more aspects of the game, such as story interactions, exploration, and platforming.

Fingers crossed.

I really hope those elements are still present. I'm not interested in another watered down vision from Remedy.

They showed enough of that in the previous demos would be my guess. Anyhow, glad they got some proper talent in for the live-action segments, should make them more compelling to watch.

They did, but that was before what seems like a huge reworking. The absence of those aspects suggests to me they might have been cut in favour of making this a linear shooter with time powers.

I really do hope I'm wrong and you're both right.

Well, this implies there's a brother which wasn't the case in the original vision (based on what we saw). It was a time cop against a time travelling villain.

Weren't the live action sections supposed to play at the end of each episode/chapter and mirror what was happening in the game/progress the story?

The game seem to have undergone a huge reworking, not for the better in terms of story and characters.We'll see is the detective aspect is still in, but I'm not hopeful based on what we've seen of the new QB.
Jack having a brother has always been apart of the story.

Our Creative Director Sam Lake took the stage at the Xbox One @ E3 event and introduced new material from Quantum Break, running real time in-engine. Meet Jack Joyce, our desperate hero, a survivor of a failed science experiment that killed his brother and broke down time. This manifests as time anomalies where time stutters and freezes. Now Jack struggles to master his newfound powers to save the day before time literally runs out.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Can't wait for gamersyde to release some uncompressed download.

We've got (soon hopefully) a off-screen version that should at least not have the framerate issues shown in the OP video, but I don't know if we'll get actual direct feed stuff or not.

Hmm I didn't notice any improvements graphically (and I think it looks fantastic). Can you point out what elements you found were improved?

I find the faces to be better than last year's demo. They're more in line with the original reveal (from 2013).

Maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there, though.

Either way, I thought it was graphically awesome last year, and I still think it looks fantastic. It's up there for one of the best games graphically I've seen so far this generation.

Really like the look of this although I agree with the poster on page 1 the gunplay gets interupted a lot.

Wish it was cross-platform.

schuey7

The scene with all the time skips going on was absolutely phenomenal. As for the gameplay ,it's Remedy and they wont disappoint.

More likely he was always a driving force, but we didn't see that until now.

True. I guess we'll never know if they reworked the game. Well, I guess we'll know if those slow down sections where you explore through debris are gone.

I just feel like this is a different game compared to what we saw last year. It feels completely different.

solis74

Yeah this game blew me away. The time mechanics look solid and fighting against AI enemies that have time mechanics in the game also look great.

Also its Jake from Animorphs so thats by default cool.

I am hyped. I wonder if there will be a special edition.

Hope so.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
To keep it real....it looks a little boring. Why is the slow down mechanic being used SOOO much?

Ape

Banned
True. I guess we'll never know if they reworked the game. Well, I guess we'll know if those slow down sections where you explore through debris are gone.

I just feel like this is a different game compared to what we saw last year. It feels completely different.

I wouldn't say never know. Remedy is a studio that we learn a lot about the game's development after the fact. Alan wake, Max Payne for example. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we learned how this game changed over time.

solis74

I find the faces to be better than last year's demo. They're more in line with the original reveal (from 2013).

Maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there, though.

Either way, I thought it was graphically awesome last year, and I still think it looks fantastic. It's up there for one of the best games graphically I've seen so far this generation.

Looks a bit sharper but hard to say as both looked stunning.

To keep it real....it looks a little boring. Why is the slow down mechanic being used SOOO much?

It's one of the primary combat mechanics. Of course it's going to be used regularly.

I wouldn't say never know. Remedy is a studio that we learn a lot about the game's development after the fact. Alan wake, Max Payne for example. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we learned how this game changed over time.

That's a good point. We did learn some about their original vision about AW after the fact.

Kane1345

Brilliant effects and graphics, gameplay looks OK, that's the part that I'm not sold on yet. Love the premise and hope they can nail the story too

TheFatOne

Really disappointed in this one. Visually this game looks like a mess. The constant flashes are super annoying. The effects of the time distortions look really cool, but the dull color really takes me out of it. The gameplay is incredibly boring. They have yet to show me what's going to be fun about this game. Went from really interested in this game to having no interest at all.

Top Bottom