• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

For the love of god, if you're on the defensive team, why are you pushing into the enemies line of sight? Why can't people grasp this?

If you are the person pushing into field of view, you at the person at a disadvantage. Statistically, you will lose the encounter.
You would think so, but many, many, many shooters reward the aggressor due to netcode and rendering disparities. Google "Peeker's advantage" for example. Not saying it's the case here but it could be that people play with that mechanic ingrained after years of FPS/TPS rewarding the aggressor or, in the example, the Peekers.

I want to play this game more but I just don't get much satisfaction out of it. It feels like I get rolled by teams so often.

I'd rather just play counterstrike where I have a reasonable skillset and map knowledge already in place and people use their mics, or just jump into black ops 3 or battlefront for some fun shooter action.

Drewfonse

Finally managed to win a game by killing the last enemy and defusing the bomb.....with 1 second left.

FELT GOOD

Although I idioticall you starting meleeing the defuser until I realized that I had to hold X. Almost blew it.

kvk1

Is anyone else on the PC getting infrequent alt+tab crashes?

It's not on the known issues list, so I'm wondering if it's something on my end.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Can someone tell me how exactly we're supposed to use discord? Is it like skype but for gaming?
It basically uses their cloud servers to host your group's own server. Basically TeamSpeak without the hosting needs. Same customisation a and includes chat channels as well for text.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I made these avatars for you guys as promised:

zKjKQJh.png
DYtjvF0.png
SJafD29.png
oPhdz9d.png

tMvUi0S.png
APLzhT4.png
mJMc5bQ.png
njNkh4m.png

Q7JxaxU.png
I90qDhk.png
LCV3UmQ.png
6Z1iXiB.png

GipI2sz.png
S0m8Mpa.png
8xXcEVC.png
2EuaTLp.png

TezeOEb.png
sIeXRC7.png
qABDMOD.png
ugdLu6D.png

Thank you!Great job!

floating nail gun

I want to play this game more but I just don't get much satisfaction out of it. It feels like I get rolled by teams so often.

I'd rather just play counterstrike where I have a reasonable skillset and map knowledge already in place and people use their mics, or just jump into black ops 3 or battlefront for some fun shooter action.

I understand how you feel, but of course you're gonna get beat when you first start playing. Map knowledge and the destruction dynamics are a must in order to compete. You gotta keep playing until you understand how everything works. It's worth it.

Can someone tell me how exactly we're supposed to use discord? Is it like skype but for gaming?

Just don't use Edge browser and everything should just work as long as you have your mic and speakers already set via windows. Just drag your name into a channel.

Still playing, probably will be all night.

PC: Krappadizzle if anyone wants to just play some chill games. In the Discord like Ding Chavez

Is anyone else on the PC getting infrequent alt+tab crashes?

It's not on the known issues list, so I'm wondering if it's something on my end.

The game crashes or when I load it up, it starts, but never actually loads. I have to relaunch the game to get it to work.

manhack

If you are on PC there has been a full group every night on the GAF Discord channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl

also add me on Uplay I'm manhack76

there is a bunch of people on this spreadsheet you can add your name to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JxTn3j1FAacyoftxNiXlVya7CWh64OjbyH7BDIJKW5o/edit#gid=0

Siddiqui

Game has a pretty bad community. Tonight I got TK'd and then votekicked by a team within seconds for putting up a reinforcement before going to pick up armor. After this ranked play showed up as unavailable for 14 minutes as if I had abandoned the match myself.

What's disappointing is the guy who TK'd me started with gl hf - rare sight in this game. I responded in kind of course - other team ignored it.

RhyDin

Game has a pretty bad community. Tonight I got TK'd and then votekicked by a team within seconds for putting up a reinforcement before going to pick up armor. After this ranked play showed up as unavailable for 14 minutes as if I had abandoned the match myself.

What's disappointing is the guy who TK'd me started with gl hf - rare sight in this game. I responded in kind of course - other team ignored it.

The votekick system sucks. Playing ranked doesn't really do anything besides award you with more XP, anyway. Your best bet is to play with GAFers - if there's two-three people on the other team that are friends, they'll basically always have kick immunity and kick advantage.

I understand how you feel, but of course you're gonna get beat when you first start playing. Map knowledge and the destruction dynamics are a must in order to compete. You gotta keep playing until you understand how everything works. It's worth it.

Just don't use Edge browser and everything should just work as long as you have your mic and speakers already set via windows. Just drag your name into a channel.

Still playing, probably will be all night.

PC: Krappadizzle if anyone wants to just play some chill games. In the Discord like Ding Chavez

It's really a time issue. I feel like if I was going to dedicate the time to learn the maps and metagame I'd rather be getting better at counterstrike personally. I'm only gold nova 3 but I think I could be good with a good team. And I would find that a lot more rewarding and satisfying if being good at an online shooter can be called that.

If I wasn't so hooked on black ops 3 I'd probably make more time for this game. They are totally different experiences and r6 is much more unique though.

I've been playing this quite a bit recently on PC with an Xbox one Elite controller and it actually works pretty well, both multiplayer and terrorist hunt.

We do have a dedicated discord for GAF already. Invite is here: https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdj3ECIl I set it up so it shouldn't expire

Not sure who set it up originally but would hate for us to get spread thin on an already small GAF group. I think somebody wanted to get it put it in the OP if possible.

I actually like how yours is set up though :D

Ah nice, cool! Let's use this one then. I have deleted the one I created so as to not fragment us.

Jb

Anyone knows exactly how much damage Twitch's shock drone does? I managed to down a couple of dudes with it but I assume they were very close to death. Mostly I just find it really funny to annoy the enemy team by zipping around the room and randomly shocking them.

bigDave

Anyone knows exactly how much damage Twitch's shock drone does? I managed to down a couple of dudes with it but I assume they were very close to death. Mostly I just find it really funny to annoy the enemy team by zipping around the room and randomly shocking them.

should be 10 damage each shock

Mentok

Banned
Lol, I love using Twitch's shock drone, especially if my teammate is in a firefight. I'll send in the drone and shock/distract the defender. It's very handy in hostage rescue if there's a defender sitting on the hostage. Plus her G2 gun is amazing.

Fury451

Banned
I'm fucking tired of people choosing rook and not deploying the bag of shields in the floor :(

I hear you. Drives me nuts.

Reminds me of people that play Leia or the Emperor in Battlefront usually either don't deploy health or take it for themselves as soon as they do.

Matimi0 just did a good "how to not suck at Siege" video and one of the concepts he covers is crosshair placement. Similar to CS, you really need to get used to keeping your crosshair at a level where you anticipate the enemy will appear.

For the love of god, if you're on the defensive team, why are you pushing into the enemies line of sight? Why can't people grasp this?

If you are the person pushing into field of view, you at the person at a disadvantage. Statistically, you will lose the encounter.

I think we'll see less of this as they improve the netcode. It might be making it possible to use this effectively, but I agree--way too many teams get cocky or want to hunt down the attackers. Just let them come to you.

This game is so freaking fun. Don't want the weekend to end, been playing with my brothers all day. Just took out all 4 in a 2v4, so much adrenaline and intensity omg. The clutch moments are just so damn fun!!

One thing I wish we could do is create private rooms for clan wars. I don't know how a game like this can not have such an option... Unless I'm just not seeing it?

Anilusion

Wrong. If you are the one peeking, you have the advantage in the laggy situation. You will see them when your client has moved around the corner (instantly), but they will only see you when the server has moved you around the corner (which could easily be 200ms later).

This game is so freaking fun. Don't want the weekend to end, been playing with my brothers all day. Just took out all 4 in a 2v4, so much adrenaline and intensity omg. The clutch moments are just so damn fun!!

Haha, same. My little bro had THE clutch moment of the night right here: http://xboxclips.com/Gareth+Marenghi/0ca81f27-622a-49e8-a39b-0d5a377bb0ff

Keep in mind, both myself and our other friend were both killed by C4 this round (I think the same guy got me).

iMax

One thing I wish we could do is create private rooms for clan wars. I don't know how a game like this can not have such an option... Unless I'm just not seeing it?

Do you just mean 5 on 5 private matches? You can absolutely do that under 'Custom Games'.

Wrong. If you are the one peeking, you have the advantage in the laggy situation. You will see them when your client has moved around the corner (instantly), but they will only see you when the server has moved you around the corner (which could easily be 200ms later).

That's only if you even locate them, though. You also have to visually discern someones tiny head amoung a load of rubble and crap, half the time. Within that 200ms advantage.

Sure it works from time to time, and theoretically it should even without the lag, because you will have a preparatory muscle response for when YOU move into the doorway, whereas they will have to react, but realistically, with the variance in where they could be in your field of view when you poke out, it's just not worth it.

MANGOD

Banned
Is it just me or is the 12min limit on terrorist hunt to kill 26 enemy's on hard and the 15 min for 30 on realistic just near enough impossible on lone wolf. The closest Ive come on hard is 9 remaining when the time runs out and thats me on a map I know pretty well and have enemy patterns down.

Top Bottom