• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Open the link, and type your details in it

Weird thing is I cannot edit it, and I'm logged in into my Google account.

Sheets is spitting out this:
Trying to connect. To edit offline, turn on offline sync when you reconnect.

Edit:
Found the culprit, it was Kaspersky lol.

Sojgat

Man, there are some real fucking dickbrains playing this game.

Some idiot waited for our entire squad to get in position and then sniped us all.

Brilliant.

Khrae

Weird thing is I cannot edit it, and I'm logged in into my Google account.

Sheets is spitting out this:
Trying to connect. To edit offline, turn on offline sync when you reconnect.

Edit:
Found the culprit, it was Kaspersky lol.

lol, you're not going crazy then

kvk1

GGs discord folks

tough games but the potential is there

and yeah, this game is an entirely different beast with uninterrupted comms and coordination

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Seriously, this game goes to a whole new level when I match with a team who communicates. How do I play with GAF?

najehe

Banned
Anyone else getting the problem from time to time when your character glitches and cannot move anywhere? It is incredibly frustrating when this happens. I was barricading a window, when I got "stuck" with the glitch and got murdered.

E-flux

I just read about the changes they plan to make to Ranked and about them adding HC playlist..
Link
That sounds absolutely horrible, fine they can add hardcore mode there if they want to, but seriously, hit markers in ranked? If anything they should remove stuff like spotting indication and stuff like that since, if you play ranked and want to be competitive you should therefore know how the game works.
They should focus on the network issues first rather than to make ranked and casual the same.

Fury451

Banned
This game really gets better and better. even though I initially thought the price tag may have been a little high, if they support it as they say they will it's a steal.

This game really gets better and better. even though I initially thought the price tag may have been a little high, if they support it as they say they will it's a steal.

It's light years ahead of where it was during the BETA. It's a shame tho that the beta might have killed most people's impressions of the game.

Fury451

Banned
It's light years ahead of where it was during the BETA. It's a shame tho that the beta might have killed most people's impressions of the game.

Was extremely hesitant because of the feedback I was hearing about the beta, so that would be really sad; but that's the double-sided risk with beta tests that are open like that. I guess it's the same concept for why some developers don't do demos anymore.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just to remind ps4 users, you can join the community to group up with people and play!

The easiest way to join the community is to send me a friend invite and ask but you can also try this process detailed below to find the community yourself. It does not require direct invites so hopefully you can find it.

http://imgur.com/a/0Bxdq

demolitio

I keep losing my sound at the end-match XP screen no matter if I'm playing online or solo and when it goes out, it ruins it for my entire computer. It only happens in this game and once it knocked out my speakers, I used my headset and the same thing happened before I restarted...Then it happened again.

Hopefully I can fix this.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm not exaggerating... I didn't win a single game all weekend. Seriously, 20 something games in a row - lost. And I'm on talking teams where we're coordinating and everything. Arg. Kinda sucks - figured we'd win something by chance by now...

EDIT: That came off not how I intended... I'm still loving the game, and think I'm doing pretty well - as are all the folks on my team. Having a blast. Easily my favorite shooter in the last four or five years, for sure.

That said, it desperately needs some netcode fixes if I'm going to love it long term. I have a 55MBdown/15MB/up connection and hover around a 40-60ms ping; along with an ASUS Swift monitor. And there have been at *least* ten or eleven times where I shoot someone around a corner, and unload... but I die. Check the kill cam, and from their perspective, they're a solid two or three feet AROUND the corner.

Also, is anyone able to tell me some secrets to getting the sound right? On my soundblaster card with decent headphones, I can easily hear position of enemy steps in games like CS, BF, and CoD. But here, the steps always just seem to be "on me," and not to the left, right, front, or behind. Is the game intentionally making it difficult to discern, or are my settings fucked?

HiiiLife

Including join in for ranked is the dumbest thing you can include in a competitive game. Genius idea deranking me to silver because the match was already over, Ubisoft.

manhack

Also, is anyone able to tell me some secrets to getting the sound right? On my soundblaster card with decent headphones, I can easily hear position of enemy steps in games like CS, BF, and CoD. But here, the steps always just seem to be "on me," and not to the left, right, front, or behind. Is the game intentionally making it difficult to discern, or are my settings fucked?

This video explains how they set up sound in Siege. Essentially it mimics real life sound propagation and therefore you don't get clear directions from sounds that are coming through doorways because they actually bounce off of walls before they get to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU

manhack

Including join in for ranked is the dumbest thing you can include in a competitive game. Genius idea deranking me to silver because the match was already over, Ubisoft.

I don't believe join in ranked games is a feature, but rather it is a bug in the matchmaking system at the moment. They were supposed to remove this but it still happens every once in awhile.

NHale

Casual = Best out of 5.
Ranked Best out of 6 up to 3 extra rounds in case of tie. Less TK? People know the maps and objectives.

Less TK but I've played for 20 hours and I've seen less than 10 intentional TKs (grenades don't count imo). However the biggest difference is that nobody leaves the match in ranked while in casual at least 1 person quits after losing the 1st round. They have to fix this because it's happening a lot more than at launch, in the last 3 days at least 75% of the matches I've played had someone quit after the 1st round.

Definitely comfortable calling this my Multiplayer game of the generation so far.

Only BF4 comes close to me. The design of the multiplayer, the balance of the operators and the tactical approach is almost perfect to me. I really hope they don't mess this up with respawn modes, patches or overpowered new operators.

sTiTcH AU

This game is great to play, but the matchmaking is horrible and the fact that the game was released in this state is shocking.

It just took my squad of four 22 minutes to find a match, when connecting one of us then got booted. We are actually laughing at how bad this is.

Klyka

Banned
I just read about the changes they plan to make to Ranked and about them adding HC playlist..
Link
That sounds absolutely horrible, fine they can add hardcore mode there if they want to, but seriously, hit markers in ranked? If anything they should remove stuff like spotting indication and stuff like that since, if you play ranked and want to be competitive you should therefore know how the game works.
They should focus on the network issues first rather than to make ranked and casual the same.

It's very sad that the programmers in charge of the netcode can't work on it because they have to change the ranked and casual settings.

This game is great to play, but the matchmaking is horrible and the fact that the game was released in this state is shocking.

It just took my squad of four 22 minutes to find a match, when connecting one of us then got booted. We are actually laughing at how bad this is.
I've had maybe one or two issues since launch, when it just hangs loading operators. ps4 UK.

Klyka

Banned
Finally unlocked all operators but I was looking through the weapons skins to see what I start spending my reknown on and man are some of the skins expensive! Even the ones you buy with real money are pretty pricey.

Was that supposed to come out today?

"mid december" they said, which I guess is around now

So I am tempted to get this game but no one of my friends has it. If people in the EU who play this want a team mate who is a laugh but by no means a pro or a "try hard" add SirShizznit on PSN

Ferny

After putting in a good amount of time into R6 this weekend I will definitely say it's my favorite multiplayer shooter thus far with Halo a close second. The amount of tension in most of these R6 matches is great. Definitely hope word of mouth helps sell more copies and they keep supporting it.

This is my cousin playing, but I was in this match. Such an amazing ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfQSOSTVls

E-flux

It's very sad that the programmers in charge of the netcode can't work on it because they have to change the ranked and casual settings.

Am i sensing sarcasm here?
Of course those things don't overlap that they can potentially work on them both at the same time, what i was mainly getting at that it would be nice to fix the network issues, then gather data about what's good and what's not good for ranked, rather than base their stuff on a few thousand players who answered a poll in open beta.

Menthuss

After putting in a good amount of time into R6 this weekend I will definitely say it's my favorite multiplayer shooter thus far with Halo a close second. The amount of tension in most of these R6 matches is great. Definitely hope word of mouth helps sell more copies and they keep supporting it.

Fucking lol at the teabgging at the end. That is so juvenile.

EDIT
They had done it to each of us after every kill so he took it upon himself to return the favor lol but yeah in general teabagging is wack.

Ah, fair enough I guess.

Profanity

Very nice play by your cousin, though it does highlight some of the stupidity of the defenders. So many people don't realise that your ultimate job is to run the clock down - had the last guy just legged it down the stairs, it would have been an easy win for them, haha. People just want those kills sadly.

Top Bottom