• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank - Review Thread

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Those never bothered me. Are they 30fps with the rest on the game? That would feel kind of weird.
I'm pretty sure they were always the same framerate as the rest of the game, which was 60 for all of the PS2 games. They changed over to 30fps sometime during the PS3 run (after the 1st PS3 game, I think).

But it does bother me a little that they haven't improved this element of the game, given that it such a potentially great complement to a galactic swashbuckling sci-fi adventure. Of course you want some dog fights in there!

DigSCCP

My bet was 87.
So far its possible.
Sony fix the damn pre download issue.
People buy this.
With this scores, the movie and nice sales Im pretty sure we are going to have a sequel!

One thing I've learned here on GAF is to never take people's play times as gospel. I remember people swearing up and down that The Order took them 3 and half hours when it took me almost 8. The Last of Us could be cleared in 12 by some here when it took me close to 20 hours.

Point is everyone plays differently. It'll be different for a lot of folks.
Preach.

It is about your pace as a player. There is not an objective time that everyone will end on.

Great to see it review so well. Action Platformer genre is an underserved genre, and I was worried it may not align with reviewers current tastes. Seems many were yearning for this actually.

Vire

Bit of a rough stretch there for Insomniac, but we fucking back bitchez:

LiyNwyu.png

Hanmik

Very stable 30fps all the way. Nice!

it really feels stable.. but you sometime get some stutter after a "large" fight against enemies. The game pauses for a micro-second once the enemies are dead. I noticed it a lot more when I played Challenge mode.. so it might have to do with the amount of bolts and nuts you get for killing them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
the game feels a bit short.. when you compare it to the older Ratchet & Clank games.

Whatcha' talkin' bout Willis?

Ahem:
And well, we have a site for that to get a barometer based on the past several mainline games.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7585 12hrs

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7594 13.5hrs

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7596 12hrs

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7589 13.5hrs

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7587 11hrs

I am seeing a pattern here. ;)

kaskade

Those reviews are beautiful. I'm so happy to see another platformer like this come out. Especially at 40 bucks. Maybe this will cause a mini resurgence.

Nice scores. As someone who enjoyed Tools of Destruction and loved A Crack in Time it makes me happy to see Insomniac back in top form.

Elixist

nice reviews, i was close with 83 prediction. i excite i hope amazon ships today. i imagine playin on hard ill get at least 12 hours i like to look at the pretty grafx

AngryMoth

Sweet, happy to see it reviewing well. I am totally in the mood for one of these games, Crack in Time feels like a long time ago now. Hope the game does well for them

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Nice, looking forward to playing it this week. Need to wrap up Uncharted 3 tonight so I can move on to this.

Machina

Banned
April was a pretty quiet month for me up until now (Alienation was my only preorder this month), but these reviews changed that. About time we had a gorgeous cartoon platformer on next gen. I'm in.

Bit of a rough stretch there for Insomniac, but we fucking back bitchez:

LiyNwyu.png

They were back with Sunset Overdrive. I'm glad to see this game is no different. Hopefully this is their last Ratchet for a while, though, as I want to see them stretch their creative muscle.

Nice, I would've bought this from the US PSN, but Dark Souls 3. So I am buying the retail version on the 20th when it comes out officially over here.

Osahi

Thanks. Im gonna be really disappointed if I have to wait for this to download tomorrow :(

I know how it fees dude, I have to wait a whole other 9 days if the streetdate doesn't break over here :(

I've been really longing for a new game like this for quite some time now.

They were back with Sunset Overdrive. I'm glad to see this game is no different. Hopefully this is their last Ratchet for a while, though, as I want to see them stretch their creative muscle.

They might only do Ratchet games for Sony if they insist on owning the IPs. Maybe they can reach some type of compromise based on the success of this game.

Warxard

Banned

Well, they have Edge of Tomorrow (Oculus 3rd Person Horror thing) next and Song of the Deep. They're definitely not slowing down in the original IP business, so as long as the pubs they're working with are cool with the IP ownership thing. (Which, for some reason aren't many?)

Know what would be GREAT? Sunset Overdrive 2 insomniac pls

Would have done Street Fighter some good too..

lol no it wouldn't

Top Bottom