• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank - Review Thread

Wil348

tumblr_maihibpulS1rgedjto1_400.gif
Awww that's so sweet ;_;

(I'm guessing that's from one of the Future games?)

Anyway, so hyped for tomorrow! I'm really happy this is getting great reviews.

Arxisz

One thing I've learned here on GAF is to never take people's play times as gospel. I remember people swearing up and down that The Order took them 3 and half hours when it took me almost 8. The Last of Us could be cleared in 12 by some here when it took me close to 20 hours.

Point is everyone plays differently. It'll be different for a lot of folks.

Couldn't agree more with this. I always ignore the play times.

Xav

Nice to see a PS4 exclusive other than Bloodborne not totally drop the ball. Still not happy about a platformer running at 30 FPS.

Anyway, DAY ONE. The game looks great.

Now we need Naughty Dog to move on from these "cinematic" 3rd person shooters and make a new Jax Daxter game.

... call it Jak & Daxter 2.

JohngPR

If this game is financially successful, I wonder if there's a chance they will remake Going Commando or any of the other games, or if they will go to a new original game from here? Would love to see both actually. :p :D

cheesekao

Even with these reviews and all, I can't help but worry about the movie. The market is saturated with 3dcg family movies and it's pretty hard to stand out.

Nice to see a PS4 exclusive other than Bloodborne not totally drop the ball. Still not happy about a platformer running at 30 FPS.

Anyway, DAY ONE. The game looks great.

Now we need Naughty Dog to move on from these "cinematic" 3rd person shooters and make a new Jax Daxter game.

... call it Jak & Daxter 2.
Well, MLB didn't drop the ball either.

The pun wrote itself.

RK128

Wow, happy with the success of this game so far review wise :D!

Its nice seeing a 3D big-budget platform non-made by Nintendo review so well :'). Can't wait to get this when I get my PS4 this Summer, should be a complete blast :D.

Krathoon

Gold Member
All of these great reviews are making want to get the game now.

Now, I have to decide if I want to get Demon Souls 3 or not. Really, I need to finish Bloodborne and the other Souls games.

Know what would be GREAT? Sunset Overdrive 2 insomniac pls

That would make me so happy.

As for Ratchet & Clank - I'm so excited for this game. I'm currently pretty deep into Hyper Light Drifter, so now I have to decide whether to finish it first, or put it on hold until I finish this. This year sure has started off well for games.

shmoglish

Well, even without the great Reviews I want to have it. The question is, buy the digital US Version of the game and play tomorrow or wait a week and buy the retail Version...

This is very tempting but I'm knee deep in Dirt Rally, and I just picked up Evil Within and Until Dawn over the weekend.

But these reviews...

Does anyone know a place where you can get 50$ codes for the Canadian store fast and cheap? Cannot wait another week after these reviews. I NEED IT NOW.

reKon

Banned
I feel bad that I'd rather play this than finish Infamous:SS or GTA V. I need to just bucket down and play one at a time. I've been enjoying Infamous too!

Heartfyre

I'm really excited to play this. Of course, I've played every single Ratchet & Clank game, so that goes without saying. I got a taste at Gamescom, and I've had a needling desire to dive into the final thing ever since. The exact same could be said of Dark Souls III, so chalk this up as a good week.

tesqui

This is a beautiful thing to wake up to :)

Looks like Ratchet and Clank are back and betters than ever (Or just as good)

Nice review scores, I'm taken aback. Thought it would fall in the 6-8 range but it seems to be tracking higher than that now. Perhaps I will check this out now instead of waiting for it to go further down in price.

panty

This wasn't on my radar at all but seeing the hype I think I'll go and buy this. Enjoyed R&C on the PS3.

E: This is a $40 game? Holy crap awesome

Karak

Nice review scores, I'm taken aback. Thought it would fall in the 6-8 range but it seems to be tracking higher than that now. Perhaps I will check this out now instead of waiting for it to go further down in price.

A good game and a 40$ price tag is a good damn mix

Does anyone know if I buy this off the US Store (i'm in the UK) will I be able to play it straight away, or will it be locked until the 22nd?

:)

Oneself

Great! I hope it will be a success, we need more family friendly/ colorful/ high budget 3D platformers.

Crash next please Sony?

Gurish

The IGN reviewer say it's sometimes hard to notice a difference between the CGI cut scenes and the real time ones.

Ledhead

Nice! Awesome scores across the board. Also a little surprised at that campaign length, not that i'm complaining! I should be getting my copy later today. I'll be sure to put a couple of hours in tonight after work.

Top Bottom