• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

SmithnCo

The time has come to bring back Mr Caffeine

90a.gif

Could have Joel Mchale too with a laser tag assist.

Phu

Banned
Regardless of 'icon' status, I'd argue that the quality of Rayman games has been far more consistent than Sonic and Pac-Man and that the best of Rayman can easily stand next to, not only the three third parties, but even Mario.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with including a character like Rayman given the fact that he's brought some brilliant game to the table.

I distinctly remember Rayman being all the rage on the N64. I know it was mostly regarded as a PS game, but around my school we all had N64s and everyone liked Rayman. Rabbibs were also MASSIVE on the Wii and a huge and iconic third party franchise of that system.

I've never played a Rayman game in my life though.

I think he deserves to be in Smash as a "bonus" third party character. He's not a big time icon like the other three, but he's important enough to warrant DLC. And really, DLC for Smash are just bonus characters, if these guys weren't in Smash, the game wouldn't feel like it had holes in the roster.

I'm gonna call fake. How would someone get pictures of these characters before they're officially revealed? And why would they just post character select screen images? Plus, the a Wario on that select screen is reused art from a different game.

Ash Paulsen mentioned this in the discussion and I kind of see it, but the flames behind the boxes move and should be one image, don't seem to line-up between Sonic and Rayman, but they DO for Mewtwo and ROB.

Easiest to see in the CSS vid.

Cade

I'm gonna call fake. How would someone get pictures of these characters before they're officially revealed? And why would they just post character select screen images? Plus, the a Wario on that select screen is reused art from a different game.

You almost got me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

My uncle works for Nintendo and he said RAYMAN IS IN IT!

Foffy

Banned

...What? I don't even know where to start here. Did you even follow when this happened last time and the final roster of the games launch was leaked in nearly the exact same manner?

Also, your Wario claim makes little sense: that's his actual render in the games, and anyone with a copy of the Wii U or 3DS game can verify that right now.

Unless, of course....

I could see it. Namco did publish Soul Calibur V which had Ezio, so Namco and Ubi have a relationship. And Namco could be handling the DLC side of things, so it's certainly plausible.

But I doubt it, good smash candidate, I just doubt it.

SmithnCo

I bet Rayman is gonna be a skin for Pac-Man tbh

The OP may want to rehost those images since they're from 4chan so they'll eventually get deleted.

edit: Also, what's going on in that second video? lol

...What? I don't even know where to start here. Did you even follow when this happened last time and the final roster of the games launch was leaked in nearly the exact same manner?

Also, your Wario claim makes little sense: that's his actual render in the games, and anyone with a copy of the Wii U or 3DS game can verify that right now.

Unless, of course....

It7xugI.gif

L Thammy

logged in just to say that if we're not getting trophies of the nymphs out of this then what's the fucking point

Having never played a Rayman game, I didn't think that googling "Rayman nymphs" would lead me to preggo fanart. In retrospect, I should have known better.

The majority of the Splinter Cell fanbase isn't on Nintendo systems, nor is it a platformer or cartoon style series that permeates the majority of the Smash fanbase. It's a poor comparison.

I highly doubt the majority of the Rayman fanbase is on Nintendo consoles. Did Legends sell over half it's copies on Wii U?

Splinter Cell isn't really as popular as Rayman, nor does it target the audience Smash is going for which is for casual fanbases.

It's actually more popular probably.

I mean I agree with him fitting the aesthetic well. My issue was with the idea multi-platform game having multiple entries on Nintendo systems making him have a history with Nintendo.

Another example is Prince of Persia which has had more entries on Nintendo systems than any other family of systems. I mean in the modern era they had the trilogy on Gamecube (last on Wii). The reboot on DS, a DS strategy game and unique versions of Forgotten Sands on DS, Wii. More than can be said for Rayman.

If you claim Rayman has a strong history with Nintendo you should include Sam Fisher and the Prince as well. Not to mention any number of other characters who fit the bill.

Dekanach

I don't know, I'm still waiting for Regginator.

And for Rayman... I say yes, I like it. I like Rayman and Legends and Origins had been the best of Ubi (Unfortunaly, I hadn't played Child of Light so I couldn't have an opinion about it).

I'm on the hype train!

EulaCapra

I thought this was a necro-bump from the Rayman trophy pic-of-the-day. GREAT CHEEZUS WHAT'S HAPPENING

I love all this and yet... still no Dixie Kong. That character select screen looks mighty bloated now too, although I still some some unused black space on the left and right of each row.

MrBadger

I think we should just go ahead and assign teams now. #TeamReal and #TeamGonnaEatCrow.

I was so sure it was fake then I ended up staying up till 3am talking about it on Gaf and thinking about how he'd work so now I don't even know what my stance is.

Fuck it. Still #teamfake

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm doing stuff now, so I can't update the OP. I'll do it later, or a mod can edit it now.

Top Bottom