• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

RedToad64

If And it was also a Megadrive game at one point.

271.gif

/s
I feel that comparing Dynamite Headdy to the first Rayman game is a crime.
It would be great if Rayman made it in SSB. However, I'm a little 50/50 on the plausibility of this rumor.

Zubz

Banned
Oh dear these broken transparencies

Sorry! Every time I've tried to fix my transparency, either someone did it for me or I made everything worse! Went back to my old "Lost an Avatar Bet about Ridley" one because I lost Amiibo Skeletor in a computer crash.

vgamer1

Reposting for new page:

If nobody has toon link, if someone could make me an avatar of him I have a copy of KOTOR I can donate

TheOGB

Banned
I realized Rayman 2 was already on everything so I put Rayman 1 in there real quick because something like this would be really neat:
Now that I think about it, that could be an epic way to close the new 2D series... I so want it to be a trilogy. It'd be nice if they went back to the first game. Maybe not a "remake", maybe more of a re-telling, and it'd feature levels from Origins and Legends as bonuses.

Guess I better throw myself on #TeamReal before this gets confirmed/denied so that if/when it's revealed to be true I have a record saying I believed.

MrBadger

I feel that comparing Dynamite Headdy to the first Rayman game is a crime.
It would be great if Rayman made it in SSB. However, I'm a little 50/50 on the plausibility of this rumor.

So long as you're implying Headdy is the better game I agree

Also since I think my friend's evidence is slightly convincing, I guess it's finally time to leave #teamfake

#teamreal it is. Bring on the next direct

RedToad64

So long as you're implying Headdy is the better game I agree

Also since I think my friend's evidence is slightly convincing, I guess it's finally time to leave #teamfake

#teamreal it is. Bring on the next direct
Yes, I should have been a bit more clear. Dynamite Headdy <3

Yeah, Snake should be back but I have a doubt that he would.

Anyway, if anyone want to jump on Smash DLC Hype then here are some avatars materials that people can use.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png
If anyone can make a Lucina avatar for me that would be great. (Granted its not already taken.)

Also: #TeamReal

Editd Damnit one post too late. Maybe make one for the above poster thats zoomed in or out and make the opposite for me? :( Oh well...

Kirye

Yeah, Snake should be back but I have a doubt that he would.

Anyway, if anyone want to jump on Smash DLC Hype then here are some avatars materials that people can use.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

God damn, Abyss Wolf doing work again! I'll forgive him again for not finishing Card Saga by using that Falco. :p

On topic, I still don't feel I can trust this to be real. Though i'll be plenty surprised and happy if it's true.

Forkball

Let's weigh the options.

#TEAMREAL

+Original render not found anywhere else, one of the big hints that the ESRB leak was real
+Rayman is the only non-playable third party property to have multiple trophies in the game
+Ubisoft has had a positive relationship with Nintendo over the years, especially with the Wii
+Rayman has had plenty of representation on Nintendo consoles, including the Rabbids series which was a big title at Wii's launch
+That video would be rather difficult to fake

#TEAMFAKE

-The player in the video did not select Rayman, where we could have heard the announcer. He also did not even flip through the colors, something you can do without selecting the character. This would have solidified the leak in my eyes, yet he did the safest thing.
-Sakurai himself said that there wouldn't be many third party characters. He notes that Mega Man was a special case, and we all know the history of why Sonic and Pac got in.
-Where is this footage even from? People are saying "but the ESRB leak!" but that was a leak of a video and not actual footage of someone in the room playing the game.
-Why not announce him earlier like with Mewtwo? You could say they want to save the announcement to drum up hype, like how they didn't announce every little bit of MK8 DLC, but why not announce Rayman before Mewtwo considering that would be the bigger shocker?
-I'm a little surprised they would include a completely new character before clones. Mewtwo already has a base, but you would think Wolf or someone would get in first due to how much less work it would take when compared to someone completely new like Rayman.
-Fucking RAYMAN?

I'm kind of leaning team real because it's disappointing enough to be true.

Ivan 3414

-Fucking RAYMAN?

Meh, I don't think this counts for fake. No one expected a Rayman trophy(among other unexpected choices like Wonderful 101, The Last Story, and Commander fucking Video), yet that found its way in the game. And then there was that rumor that apparently Ubisoft lobbied hard to get Rayman into Smash as a playable character...

With Rayman and Mewtwo, it seems like Sakurai is only adding characters that he had originally envisioned in the first place. I don't get the impression he was thinking "who else can we add?" or "who that we decided against can we reconsider?"

I think it's more that Sakurai and Namco made a list of all the characters they wanted to include, which we know is what they did.

Then development began and as many characters were completed as possible with certain characters having major priority and others on equal grounds, which we know is what they did.

To meet the release deadline, certain content wasn't included for launch, like the Miiverse stage and tournament mode, which we know is what they did.

I think, with Chorus Kids being the only character with actual empty data files, they are the only character we can really "expect" for sure. The characters we are getting and seeing are just continued development of the original vision of the game that were not able to be included before release date.

With Rayman and Mewtwo, it seems like Sakurai is only adding characters that he had originally envisioned in the first place. I don't get the impression he was thinking "who else can we add?" or "who that we decided against can we reconsider?"

I think it's more that Sakurai and Namco made a list of all the characters they wanted to include, which we know is what they did.

Then development began and as many characters were completed as possible with certain characters having major priority and others on equal grounds, which we know is what they did.

To meet the release deadline, certain content wasn't included for launch, like the Miiverse stage and tournament mode, which we know is what they did.

I think, with Chorus Kids being the only character with actual empty data files, they are the only character we can really "expect" for sure. The characters we are getting and seeing are just continued development of the original vision of the game that were not able to be included before release date.
Bingo. This is my thought on the DLC we are seeing.

I could see Chorus Kids, Ice Climbers (unlocked in 3DS version when playing on new 3DS), and a couple character skin costumes (Lucas)

Top Bottom