• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Seiniyta

So guys, if Rayman is going to be in, which kind of stage would you like to see?

I'd love a stage based on the forest/swamp backdrops

5D3DCCD4AC0314C669FE6CDF4382E10C65A959DB

Or the desert stages from Origins.

Would make it the prettiest stage in smash instantly.

MrBadger

Why should they do that? Rayman as a franchise is obviously dead.

Show me your moves

So guys, if Rayman is going to be in, which kind of stage would you like to see?

I said this earlier in the thread, but Band Land

Ciel1PC.png

It's always been the most iconic location for me in Rayman because of its visuals and music, and because of the fact it took me longer than I care to admit to get out of it

Just a side-note, while this might not be related, Nintendo's investor meeting was rescheduled to the 17th - this Tuesday. Though it would be earlier than Ubisoft's statement, due to time zones.

Itshappening.gif

#teamreal

Mainly because a dev slipped that Rayman may be in during an E3 demo interview.

So who will fill the next two slots? Geno?
or Geno?

Synless

The thing that excites me about this is that I could see Nintendo buying Rayman, I always wished that would happen. Ubisoft isn't doing much with him, and Rayman Legends is one of the best Wii U games, plus imo the Wii U version is the best one as I love the clever Murphy levels.

Even Rayman agrees:

rayman-legends-mario-luigi-outfits-skins3.png
Isn't doing much with him? They just released two full length titles that despite their incredible quality bombed. They also released two fantastic iOS games in the past couple years. That's hardly Ubisoft not doing anything with him.

Foffy

Banned
Why should they do that? Rayman as a franchise is obviously dead.

Yet as a game franchise, of the other third party playable character, he's the only franchise that could even be argued as alive.

Sonic is all over the place in quality, with his recent title being considering one of the worst games in the franchise (again), and worst games ever made (again).

Mega Man had been dead since 2010, where every other title in development from then has been cancelled, and the only thing the franchise has seen since then in terms of new stuff was a fan anniversary game officially endorsed by Capcom.

Pac Man is now focused on the direction of the show on Disney, and thus is terrible in every conceivable way.

Rayman has produced two of the best platforming games ever released in the last five years.

Which one seems to be the one not struggling and drowning? I'm sure the popularity of the character is the weakest of the four, but the Rayman franchise is really the best one going nowadays. :p

hotandserious

Neo Member
I also enjoy the platforming in Origins and Legends much more than Tropical Freeze. So, y'know... opinions.

I've passed on Smash so far, but if Rayman is added to the roster and scores an amiibo, I'll definitely pick the game up, along with amiibos of Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic and maybe Toon Link to keep my Rayman company.

I also enjoy the platforming in Origins and Legends much more than Tropical Freeze. So, y'know... opinions.

I've passed on Smash so far, but if Rayman is added to the roster and scores an amiibo, I'll definitely pick the game up, along with amiibos of Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic and maybe Toon Link to keep my Rayman company.

Good luck. No, really.

:(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yet as a game franchise, of the other third party playable character, he's the only franchise that could even be argued as alive.

Sonic is all over the place in quality, with his recent title being considering one of the worst games in the franchise (again), and worst games ever made (again).

Mega Man had been dead since 2010, where every other title in development from then has been cancelled, and the only thing the franchise has seen since then in terms of new stuff was a fan anniversary game officially endorsed by Capcom.

Pac Man is now focused on the direction of the show on Disney, and thus is terrible in every conceivable way.

Rayman has produced two of the best platforming games ever released in the last five years.

Which one seems to be the one not struggling and drowning? I'm sure the popularity of the character is the weakest of the four, but the Rayman franchise is really the best one going nowadays. :p
In fairness to Sonic the franchise has had good games in recent years and you know it has good games coming in the future.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think I've finally warmed up to the idea of Rayman in Smash.

On the other hand, that Mewtwo render, at least what we see of it, is awful.

Revven

I wonder why Ubisoft picked Tuesday to make a statement? Well, tomorrow's a holiday in the US but not the rest of the world so it can't just be a coincidence they would pick the same day Nintendo has their investor meeting, right?

I looked at this thread yesterday when it had about 13 replies and thought "this thread will die a swift death"

And here we are, on page 42...still going strong.

NTom64

I think I've finally warmed up to the idea of Rayman in Smash.

On the other hand, that Mewtwo render, at least what we see of it, is awful.

The model looks better than the image they use for the CSS. Kinda reminds me of the Mewtwo used in the Genesect movie, so maybe they'll give it Mega Y as its Final Smash.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I looked at this thread yesterday when it had about 13 replies and thought "this thread will die a swift death"

And here we are, on page 42...still going strong.
I looked at this new platforming mascot Ubisoft were planning to bring out in 1995 and thought "this character will die a swift death"

And here we are in 2015....still going strong.

Rayman stays winning.

Gartooth

What's up with the comically big eyebrows in the Smash version of Rayman. lol

I hope his animations are similar to Mega Man in the sense that he looks ripped straight out of Origins/Legends.

Kouichi

Wait so there's actually a fair chance that this is real? My immediate reaction was fake, but I haven't kept up with the thread.

He's an interesting choice, one that I think is pretty awesome. Even if this ends up fake, I'm compelled to finally get around to playing Origins and Legends. Are the older games good too?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wait so there's actually a fair chance that this is real? My immediate reaction was fake, but I haven't kept up with the thread.

He's an interesting choice, one that I think is pretty awesome. Even if this ends up fake, I'm compelled to finally get around to playing Origins and Legends. Are the older games good too?
1 is awesome. 2 is awesome. 3 is merely pretty good.

Gartooth

I never got around to finishing it, but Rayman 2 is pretty fun. It is also on virtually every gaming platform in existence so... :p

Anyway, yeah I'm definitely on TeamReal for this one. Was completely wrong about the 3DS Shulk/BowserJr./DuckHunt leak even though it should've been obvious it was real due to the unique renders.

Ahnez

The chance of this being real is very high. Ubisoft will make an official statement about it too lol

And Rayman 1 ~ 3 are very good games

Zalman

I never got around to finishing it, but Rayman 2 is pretty fun. It is also on virtually every gaming platform in existence so... :p
Not all of the versions are that great though. I haven't played it all the way through in at least a decade, but I've been thinking about grabbing the 3DS version since it's the easiest to get these days.

Revven

Ubi is going to make a statement on Tuesday about this which is the same day as Nintendo's investor meeting.

...And nothing has proven this as fake yet, either, much like the pre-release leak that had Bowser Jr., Shulk, Duck Hunt, etc.

NotLiquid

First game is really fucking hard but a classic and relatively timeless platformer. Pretty good game.

Second borders on being a masterpiece, only looked down upon due to Ubi's incessant porting of it, and the many versions which vary in quality. In terms of generational inception I'd say it, along with Mario 64, are two of the most important 3D platformers of that decade. If you can, get it preferably on Dreamcast.

Third is not nearly as genre defining as Rayman 2 was but it's still an incredibly well produced game and basically established the entire series' aesthetical framework in terms of tone, visuals and progression. It found the perfect balance between Rayman 1's cartoony fairy-tale approach and Rayman 2's adventurous approach. It's also pretty damn funny.

Bluth54

Well Ubisoft making a statement on Tuesday certainly makes things interesting, I feel it makes the rumor much more likely then them just denying it.

Revven

If we were to expect a Direct for this Tuesday, when will it be announced? Today?

I don't think a Direct has ever been announced on a Sunday... if a Direct was on Tuesday they'd announce it on a Monday.

But I don't think there's a Direct, Nintendo's Investor Meeting is on Tuesday.

Kouichi

Thanks for the replies guys. I never knew there was such a positive consensus on the original games. I think I'm going to go on a Rayman marathon for the next few weeks. Playing old platformers for the first time is such a treat.

Top Bottom