• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

I can think of a few.

From Rayman Origins: Moskito. It'd probably work something similar to Yoshi's Final Smash but with rapid fire knockback.

From Rayman Raving Rabbids: Rave Party similar to Donkey Kong's final Smash perhaps.

From Rayman 3: Armaguiddon which is used in the game's final boss segment. Refer to the first Final Smash to how it could work since it's basically also a flying contraption.

Another one from Rayman 3 could be his Heavy Metal Fist, which could probably work similar to something like Lucario's and Little Mac's Final Smash and give him a huge power amplifier.

From Rayman 2: Shells are commonly used as explosive riding contraptions and are applied to the game in a plethora of ways. You could just use a barrage of them, or make it work like a mix of Pit's Final Smash in Brawl and Sudden Death Bob-Ombs.

Of all the aforementioned, I see the first one being the most likely assuming Rayman is based solely on his Origins incarnation.

Moskito seems like a good, obvious Final Smash.
I'd love to see the Shell as a special attack though, maybe as a mix between the Wario Bike and Charizard's side B.

I think Slime is. To me, Dragon Quest is more iconic as a Nintendo-Square franchise than Final Fantasy. FF is more Sony focused in the last 20 years, while Dragon Quest came back to Nintendo and has pretty consistently stayed Nintendo, even Nintendo themselves publishing a game or two.

Yeah but all the GOOD FFs were on Nintendo systems yo.

Neoxon

Calling it right now, Dixie Kong & the Chorus Kids are in Wave 2 with a Rhythm Heaven stage & a Dr. Mario stage. This wave will include the Miiverse stage & a Rayman stage.

I have faith in Spainkiller.

J@hranimo

Banned
Moskito?

jung01.gif

He could, like, fly around riding him, shoot at people and suck them in and stuff. Alternately, giant robots are awesome

Oh yeah! Moskito is so obvious. I need to replay Origins/Legends again haha.

Whatever happens with him in the game I hope there's at least some nod to Rayman 2.

Sciortino

Don't want to really read through every single page right now lol. I realized that theres a video with proof, but does is it completely confirm that he's in?

MrBadger

Don't want to really read through every single page right now lol. I realized that theres a video with proof, but does is it completely confirm that he's in?

The video has no gameplay and just shows someone hovering over him in the character select screen. It's convincing, but not definite proof either.

Jawmuncher

Yes the Namco, Sega, Capcom and Ubisoft characters are taking the spot of the Konami character, all of which Nintendo have no control over. Look I want Snake back myself but it's fucking stupid to say that characters unrelated to Konami are stopping Snake from getting in. If it were Simon Belmont or Bomberman that were in this leak then you'd have a little more of a point. But it's still a stupid one.

Third party characters are always a tough subject for these games. Either that third party didn't want anything to do with the game or they said that they'd only allow use of their IP if it were a specific character.

Or maybe Sakurai didn't even bother asking Square.

The taking his spot is more of a joke since as you said it's in more than just one hand determining whether he was too come back. Mainly going off the usual smash talk of there can only be so many Third Party Reps when there isn't exactly a rule to it.

NotLiquid

It's not a complete confirmation. We're still missing the most crucial evidence which is game play footage. But put it this way - for it to be a fake, whoever did this would have to:

Be able to provide an incredibly high quality render of Rayman that reflects accurately on his trophy design while simultaneously paying homage to the original box art (it's possible, Smash fans have shown the capacity, including Project M's Dev Team)
Be able to replicate Mewtwo's design and produce a believable render of him as well. (see above)
Be able to hack the game and implement the character into the CSS, which I don't think tools exist for yet.

And the third one, while being the most improbable scenario, is the only easy solution for this leak to be a hoax, because if you assume that it isn't implemented in the game, whoever made this would have also needed the ability to animate the background of the CSS icons, animate the actual UI of Rayman popping into the screen, getting the correct font, using the absolute correct spacing and size, align everything perfectly and even do the unlock splash screen. The close ups even get some minor details right such as tiny graphical glitches on the CSS. There's no clear evidence against this leak so far and the only thing lacking is game play to seal the deal. But the amount of sheer talent and effort that has gone into producing this is so staggering that you have to ask whether or not anyone would, seriously, go through with all of that effort just for Rayman, which is far from a character most people would expect based on previous rumors. This isn't really just a matter of producing a fake render.

The video has no gameplay and just shows someone hovering over him in the character select screen. It's convincing, but not definite proof either.

The amount of effort to fake such a thing is pretty crazy challenging. I know it looks simple and no gameplay or whatever, but the get the fire to animate, the characters to fly in like that, etc, they'd basically have to deconstruct the entire menu and remake it with absolutely no inconsistencies or faults.

Neoxon

It's not a complete confirmation. We're still missing the most crucial evidence which is game play footage. But put it this way - for it to be a fake, whoever did this would have to:

Be able to provide an incredibly high quality render of Rayman that reflects accurately on his trophy design while simultaneously paying homage to the original box art.
Be able to replicate Mewtwo's design and produce a believable render of him as well.
Be able to hack the game and implement the character into the CSS, which I don't think tools exist for yet.

And the third one is the only easy alternative for this leak to be real, because if you assume that it isn't implemented in the game, whoever made this would have also needed the ability to animate the background of the CSS select icons, animate the actual UI of Rayman popping into the screen, getting the correct font, using the absolute correct spacing and size, align everything perfectly and even do the UI splash screen. The close ups even get some minor details right such as tiny graphical glitches on the CSS. There's no clear evidence against this leak so far and the only thing lacking is game play to seal the deal. But the amount of sheer talent and effort that has gone into producing this is so staggering that you have to ask whether or not it's really worth the effort. This isn't really just a matter of producing a fake render.
ThIs is why I'm on #TeamReal now, that & the footage.

Forkball

Something I didn't notice until someone pointed it out to me:

bwveCm1.png

If you notice, the characters are on the foreground and cover the black stripes at the bottom, until the very last one. It's consistent with Rayman's pic. If it is a fake, it's great attention to detail.

Chrom

I'd love to see Rayman in Smash.

If this becomes official, I wonder how Rayman's amiibo could be put to other use. Maybe Ubisoft will patch Rayman Legends with amiibo support, like in the leaked trailer?

Sciortino

Be able to provide an incredibly high quality render of Rayman that reflects accurately on his trophy design while simultaneously paying homage to the original box art (it's possible, Smash fans have shown the capacity, including Project M's Dev Team)
Be able to replicate Mewtwo's design and produce a believable render of him as well. (see above)

And the third one, while being the most improbable scenario, is the only easy alternative for this leak to be a hoax, because if you assume that it isn't implemented in the game, whoever made this would have also needed the ability to animate the background of the CSS icons, animate the actual UI of Rayman popping into the screen, getting the correct font, using the absolute correct spacing and size, align everything perfectly and even do the unlock splash screen. The close ups even get some minor details right such as tiny graphical glitches on the CSS. There's no clear evidence against this leak so far and the only thing lacking is game play to seal the deal. But the amount of sheer talent and effort that has gone into producing this is so staggering that you have to ask whether or not anyone would, seriously, go through with all of that effort just for Rayman, which is far from a character most people would expect based on previous rumors. This isn't really just a matter of producing a fake render.
You convinced me to side with #teamreal haha. Looking forward to an official confirmation soon. Not the biggest fan of Rayman but this is still big.

Revven

Is Screw Attack the only site claiming that Ubisoft is going to make a statement? That seems strange to me.

That's only because ScrewAttack is the only site that has reached out to Ubisoft. It's the weekend, the other game media websites aren't working on weekends... (either that or they have reached out but aren't publishing anything until tomorrow).

That's what makes this even more different than the ESRB stuff, the ESRB stuff came out on a weekday while this came out during a weekend where most gaming websites aren't actively publishing things.

Even if there were direct feed HD footage of an in game fight people would still say it's fake.

There are times to be skeptical, this is not one of them.

Revven

Even if there were direct feed HD footage of an in game fight people would still say it's fake.

There are times to be skeptical, this is not one of them.

I remember when people were (laughably) skeptical of the in-game gameplay we got from the ESRB leak. People still questioned its legitimacy.

If you notice, the characters are on the foreground and cover the black stripes at the bottom, until the very last one. It's consistent with Rayman's pic. If it is a fake, it's great attention to detail.

it's like the last time, way too much little things done right and nothing really that disproves it.

Is Screw Attack the only site claiming that Ubisoft is going to make a statement? That seems strange to me.

I believe so, but Screwattack is also the site that reached out to Ubisoft for comment, soooo...

I'm on #TeamReal. I think the fact that the Nintendo investors meeting is also on Tuesday gives this some amount of credence. At the very least, it's not worth dismissing.

Top Bottom