• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Smash hype ain't no joke. I can understand they're legit mad.

Yeah, but that's why you must take everything with grain of salts like I did. I joined in because I really miss SmashGAF crowds since they don't really post in community thread anymore.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What a stupid attitude. In retrospect I'm not even mad, since I would rather see Rayman as a newcomer for Smash 5, but blaming people for "believing" in a convincing leak is absolutely hilarious. Next time somebody lies to you, you are to blame for believing their lies.

The only time you blame the other person for lying is because you have some sort of trust in them. Fool me once stuff.

I think it's closer to saying that someone who prefers going outside to burn ant colonies to playing basketball is "sad".

Or maybe someone who puts a $20 bill on fishing line. "Hey if you weren't so greedy you wouldn't have been tricked!" Sounds like something a well adjusted individual would say.

It's more on the latter yeah.

Mariolee

So wait.. are renders usually MADE IN 2D?! o_O

I always thought they were full polygonal models. WTF?

I'm sure renders are based off 3D models, but in this case he didn't have a 3D model to really work with without tipping off people who would immediately notice the source. So he just created it from scratch.

TheJoRu

Damn. Fake leakers are stepping up their game. It's going to be difficult ever feeling comfortable joining #TeamReal from now on.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What a stupid attitude. In retrospect I'm not even mad, since I would rather see Rayman as a newcomer for Smash 5, but blaming people for "believing" in a convincing leak is absolutely hilarious. Next time somebody lies to you, you are to blame for believing their lies.

More stupid than taking everything from unofficial channels at face value?

I don't think they're stupid for believing in leaks that are so convincing, but being 'crushed' or 'angry' about it and the creator seems stupid to me.

The only time you blame the other person for lying is because you have some sort of trust in them. Fool me once stuff.

I didn't believe the ESRB leak for the longest time and nitpicked it to hell in back, so I didn't want to be on that train again. What's shocking to me is that somebody would go out of their way to create a fake leak for RAYMAN of all things.

It's more on the latter yeah.
So like if that second person existed, I think it'd be fair to call them a jackass. And that's assuming they did it once. If I inow someone who spent hours of time just hiding behind that corner waiting to pull away the dollar (like this guy spent hours making the render and faking the leak), it quickly starts moving into "This person has something seriously wrong with them and should get help" territory.

MrBadger

I didn't believe the ESRB leak for the longest time and nitpicked it to hell in back, so I didn't want to be on that train again. What's shocking to me is that somebody would go out of their way to create a fake leak for RAYMAN of all things.

I think Rayman's just believable enough. He still gets games, Legends was a Wii U exclusive at one point and he has several models in Smash already. Plus apparently Ubi wanted him in. I can't think of any more likely 3rd party candidates

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rayman is a big, awesome character that realistically would have suited well. It was the perfect character to leak.

5bd.jpg

Dude put in work...

dallow_bg

nods at old men

That's what made it so perfect considering the Ubisoft collaboration already in the game. It's believable.
Would be a lot more doubt if it was a famous Tekken character or something.

Qurupeke

Yeah, but that's why you must take everything with grain of salts like I did. I joined in because I really miss SmashGAF crowds since they don't really post in community thread anymore.

I miss the pre release hype. I hope they'll announce the DLC soon so we'll hype ourselves with speculation and theories...

Ubisoft should take this time to promote Rayman games on their Twitter right now.

The Rayman games are conveniently 75% off on the eShop right now. At first I thought this may have been an elaborate ploy to drum up hype the franchise. Ubisoft has deliberately leaked other things in the past.

But most of the Fire Emblem fanbase doesn't.

With Smash veterans that never matters. No Pokemon fan cares about Jigglypuff.

One good thing about this being fake is the Wolf Dream lives on.

The chronological inconsistency was actually an inconsistency. I shouldn't have been so quick to write it off as "ugh, ruining the menu design" as I was.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So like if that second person existed, I think it'd be fair to call them a jackass. And that's assuming they did it once. If I inow someone who spent hours of time just hiding behind that corner waiting to pull away the dollar (like this guy spent hours making the render and faking the leak), it quickly starts moving into "This person has something seriously wrong with them and should get help" territory.

I dunno, my first reaction would be "am I suddenly in Quebec in front of Just for Gags?"

Village

Plot twist: Ubisoft & Nintendo are working on Rayman as a playable fighter and the leak is just coincidently close to them unveiling it XD. The ride would go off the rails and crash into the moon.

Oooh shit.

That... that would be funny

guy " I made the fake leak "

Unibisoft: "It actually real and nintendo is getting several ubisoft games"

Neoxon

With Smash veterans that never matters. No Pokemon fan cares about Jigglypuff.

One good thing about this being fake is the Wolf Dream lives on.

The chronological inconsistency was actually an inconsistency. I shouldn't have been so quick to write it off as "ugh, ruining the menu design" as I was.
Jigglypuff has seniority protecting her, otherwise she'd be gone a while ago.

Plot twist: Ubisoft & Nintendo are working on Rayman as a playable fighter and the leak is just coincidently close to them unveiling it XD. The ride would go off the rails and crash into the moon.

Well the same did happen with Palutena.

It's funny, my original comment was that creating a new model would be the kind of thing a good artist would do to make a fake leak convincing, but it was the video that sold me on it being real. NEVER would've though someone would be THAT talented. Next time we'll have really good convincing animation/Brawl mods to convince people.

What I don't understand is why he revealed it as fake so soon. He could have kept us going for at LEAST a week, yet he decided to lose the hype on day 2... ah well, maybe I'm just cruel.

Still, heck of a well-done fake, that's for sure.

Top Bottom