• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Village

What's sad about what is now easily the most impressive part of his portfolio? That he dared toy with the hearts of the Rayman fanbase? Lol
I don't believe a smash leak untill i see gameplay.

But i dunno, the tricking people just seems, i dunno sad. It comes off as lack of confidence. Like you didn't have faith enough in the concept on its own to impress people showing people how you could create fake leaks such as this. Or just impressive editing. You had to trick them to get actual interest

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wow that was awesome ! That guy did a great job, he needs a job!

Seriously five star thread, I'm glad he made a video explaining his magic, that was fun!

Village

How is it a dick move when the only people to blame are themselves?

I dunno , when you put that much effort into creating something to trick people. You are at blame for something.

" Hey guys look at this elaborate trick"

" why... its impressive by itself now, you could have presented this as not a trick and it would have been just as impressive and less people would be mad at you. like the concept of what you did was so impressive that first part is meaningless"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I can understand that people are disappointed but taking it out on the guy is just plain stupid.

I dunno , when you put that much effort into creating something to trick people. You are at blame for something.

" Hey guys look at this elaborate trick"

" why... its impressive by itself now, you could have presented this as not a trick and it would have been just as impressive and less people would be mad at you. like the concept of what you did was so impressive that first part is meaningless"

The people who believed in the rumors are to be blamed.

Nefarious and pathetic are terms I'd use to describe, I dunno, the people who keep making those skinny pill adverts, or duping vulnerable souls into buying homegrown medicines that cure cancer and running off with their money leaving them to die. But that's just me!

Was it a dick move? Maybe, but based on his responses over Twitter he seems genuinely apologetic for getting certain people's hopes up about it and letting it run out of hand, so I really can't be made at him. You don't have any kind of control over a thing online once it really reaches "out there" land.
Eh, I don't believe those apologies. He made multiple posts, created a fake video, and even faked a takedown of the fake video. It's obvious what he was going for. If he's honestly surprised people are acting this way, then he's just incredibly stupid.

Blame yourself for believing in rumors.
Yeah, I guess we were just asking for it.

0xCA2

Models and stages are already being ripped and uploaded online. I can see someone using those to fake very convincing gameplay footage.

NXxxCwC.png
yZwIhse.png
W1koQLK.png

It's going to be an exciting time for fake leaks going forward.

rjinaz

Bah that's disappointing. I was on #teamreal too. I got had.

I'm personally not a fan of Rayman games so this didn't really matter much to me, but seriously, the people that do these things are straight out douche-bags as far as I am concerned.

Village

\

Eh, I don't believe that, and I didn't even believe it. i didn't even believe the last leaks. The real ones.

I dunno , when you put that much effort it it just kind of becomes ...sad. You could have presented yourself and it would have been impressive.

Kade

Yeah I can understand that people are disappointed but taking it out on the guy is just plain stupid.

Some people will never admit that they're at fault or that they've been caught in an unfavourable position. As long as another party is involved, it's their fault not mine! If they didn't do this in the first place I wouldn't feel this way!

I think my favorite part of the leak is how he made the "original art" for Mewtwo. That was the part that made me go #teamreal. Really ingenious.

Some people will never admit that they're at fault or that they've been caught in an unfavourable position. As long as another party is involved, it's their fault not mine! If they didn't do this in the first place I wouldn't feel this way!
So it's fine to go out of your way to upset people, but it's not okay to be upset?

I find this mentality troubling.

Honestly I respect the ability to pull of something like this it's very entertaining. Even if it was a character I would respect the immense talent. Then again I have a dark sense of humor and cab enjoy when things just go crazy and fall apart.

It seems like the people who are upset are the one's who were stating Rayman was important enough to warrant a roster space.

He honestly was very nice about this. He let it go for less than a day when he could have done much longer. He didn't pick a Nintendo character which could have dashed hopes. Or a third-party character with an already strong Smash fanbase like Snake.

Like I said before it's Rayman. He's a multiplatform character whose last game lost exclusivity caused some dislike amongst certain Nintendo fans. He didn't make sense in Smash with so many more deserving characters.

Dude did something amazing regardless. He created a fake leak that couldn't be outright disproven by the very studious Smash community. No one else has done that. He has.

Man, this dude changed Smash leaks forever. Respect.

Fixed. This is what I love about this. After the ESRB leak people were believed leaks were mor possible. You saw this with all the posts stating they would call it fake but they would have said the same about the ESRB leak and were wrong. Now any future leaks even if true will be disputed much more. Keeps the surprise.

Hatchtag

Banned
Models and stages are already being ripped and uploaded online. I can see someone using those to fake very convincing gameplay footage.

It's going to be an exciting time for fake leaks going forward.

wait till someone figures out how to swap out texture/sound files but waits to tell anybody. That shit could cause some great fakes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh, I don't believe that, and I didn't even believe it. i didn't even believe the last leaks. The real ones.

I dunno , when you put that much effort it it just kind of becomes ...sad.

Sad? Probably. But that's like saying a person who enjoys reading than going outside to play is "sad".

Yeah this is mostly my PoV.

But like I said, maybe it's me having no stake at all in this debacle that has me in this feeling.

Hell even with Wolf being cut back then at most I was just silent.

What a stupid attitude. In retrospect I'm not even mad, since I would rather see Rayman as a newcomer for Smash 5, but blaming people for "believing" in a convincing leak is absolutely hilarious. Next time somebody lies to you, you are to blame for believing their lies.

je_ssi e

Holy shit.
Impressive as hell. Kind of disappointed, but.. wow.

I ain't even mad.
He has some talent.

Imagine if half the leakers put as much effort into their work as this guy.

'______'

Sad? Probably. But that's like saying a person who enjoys reading than going outside to play is "sad".
I think it's closer to saying that someone who prefers going outside to burn ant colonies to playing basketball is "sad".

Or maybe someone who puts a $20 bill on fishing line. "Hey if you weren't so greedy you wouldn't have been tricked!" Sounds like something a well adjusted individual would say.

This got me thinking, is Rayman known in Japan? It seems like a staple here but I've never really thought about it being popular in Japan.

And just a few pages ago people where telling me the menu was too elaborate to be fake. :p
I'm honestly glad it's fake, no offense to people who actually want Rayman, I'd just prefer characters that actually deserve it.

I was indifferent to Rayman but I can't help a lot of people are relieved that this is fake. He should of made a K.Rool or Ridley model, the aftermath would of probably been a lot worse lol.

He also has a video of him creating the render of Rayman.

He says he is going to do more, but not release them as leaks. He is wildly talented for sure. If I had his skill, I think I would definitely use it for evil at least once.

What's amusing is that his only real flaw, the flames on the background, were called out by some people. People are really good at nitpicking.

So wait.. are renders usually MADE IN 2D?! o_O

I always thought they were full polygonal models. WTF?

Village

Thats not even remotely similar. Both of those things have benifits and neither of them is a farce. But if the outside guy had been pretending to play basket ball and instead been like creating amazing art.
Like... why not just tell me that , be proud of what you have done.

Top Bottom