• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I'm probably only going to buy four and five on the ps4. Six will have to get some very good improvements to warrant a purchase again. This is a great surprise but I'm personally more excited for the Resident Evil 2 remake.

G_Berry

Banned
tumblr_inline_nt0cu7tehklk.gif
Hahahahah!!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If the version of RE4 they're releasing is a good port of the PC Ultimate HD Edition, then it will be worth the $20.

RE4 playing in 60fps feels really weird at first, but does ultimately help the game in a surprising way, it has to be one of the weirdest games for me playing in 60fps the first time. More than that, it features every feature from previous releases (all content from previous versions, HD resolutions, all the lighting & effects from the Gamecube/Wii version that was missing from the PS2/360/PS3 versions), plus while it's no HD Texture project levels, there were improved textures for the PC version.

One of the best games ever made, one of the biggest gaming disappointments of my life, and a terrible piece of garbage. I'll get RE 4 again because I can't help myself when it comes to greatness but I'll pass on the other 2.

I've always wanted Resident Evil 4 on a Sony system with achievements, but RE4 for PS3 was digital only so that was a dealbreaker.

But physical release for PS4??? Yes, please!

You're getting games confused there. The ones you were thinking about are the Chronicles rail shooter games that are the Cliff Notes versions of the games they cover (as well as some bridging content at the end of them), while Revelations are side-stories that are in line with the main canon.

Incidentally, PS3 also has ports of the Chronicles games, so that console has you covered on that front.

I consider REmake and the original different enough to be worth playing both. And if you got the DS version, that too.

Ahhh I see I see. Thank you both for your answers!

So it looks like if they remaster 3 and CV, they'll have remasters of ever main game on one system, which is pretty awesome.

I dig that it sounds like nearly everything is available all on the PS3 too, but I'm hoping that they continue the remasters for PS4 so the old games can get a little extra juice from the more powerful hardware (like how Rare's N64 games got massive frame rate boosts running on the Xbone - though I know those were ports and had no updated graphics). There's so much of RE that I've never played, I would very likely buy a REmastered Collection with all the main games on it at full price.

EpicBox

Is there actually any graphical upgrade featured in this? RE6 could do with a texture upgrade.

Chances are that RE4 will just be the PS3 release again.

Ooccoo

Everything was a remaster

This gen sucks. Can we get something better than marginally better looking games from 10 years ago? What the fuck

Edit: it also seems these new versions don't have much new stuff if any and the wait for RE7 is ridiculous

RedSwirl

For people confused about RE4 ports thus far, here's the chart (that may originally have been from GAF):

SUwOz1B.jpg

This chart may or may not have been updated since Capcom's patches for the Ultimate HD Edition. I don't think they were able to get the GCN DOF and specular highlights back in but it's otherwise the best version of RE4. One more thing to note: The GCN version has slightly different ammo distribution compared to every version after it. There's of course also the texture mod on the way for UHD. PS4/XBO version is probably going to be based on UHD.

Good level design, enemy encounters, and pacing are concepts RE6 is completely devoid of.

The Leon gutter section, the Jake snowstorm section, and the Chris europe boss fight on the city street are some of the most atrocious, tedious, and unfun sections I've ever played. Absolutely terrible game design.

When you say it like this it makes RE4 and 6 look like mirror images of each other.

RE4 has outdated controls but still some of the best pacing and encounter design. RE6 has an excellent base combat system but atrocious encounter design.

For people confused about RE4 ports thus far, here's the chart (that may originally have been from GAF):

SUwOz1B.jpg

This chart may or may not have been updated since Capcom's patches for the Ultimate HD Edition. I don't think they were able to get the GCN DOF and specular highlights back in but it's otherwise the best version of RE4. One more thing to note: The GCN version has slightly different ammo distribution compared to every version after it. There's of course also the texture mod on the way for UHD. PS4/XBO version is probably going to be based on UHD.

When you say it like this it makes RE4 and 6 look like mirror images of each other.

RE4 has outdated controls but still some of the best pacing and encounter design. RE6 has an excellent base combat system but atrocious encounter design.

They definitely got specular back into the PC version.

I've only bought and played the Gamecube version of re4.

But Capcom can't even get re remakes at 60 frames which baffles me. Will they ever make new games? Devil may cry really needs another game like 1 and 3.

icespide

Banned
I've only bought and played the Gamecube version of re4.

But Capcom can't even get re remakes at 60 frames which baffles me. Will they ever make new games? Devil may cry really needs another game like 1 and 3.

DmC and DMC4 both ran at a nice 60fps. REmake and RE0 were 30fps on consoles because of the whole pre rendered background thing

the trailer for these remasters was in 60fps so I'm led to believe they will be as well

GametimeUK

Not that I care much to buy these since I can grab on Steam if need be, I'm really happy with the pricing on these games for remasters.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

SUwOz1B.jpg

One thing wrong about the chart, GCN DOF/Specular Highlights was added to the Ultimate HD version post-release via a patch.

Bishop89

1. That release schedule doesn't make sense
2. FUCK YES!
3. Please tell me there will be a collection version so I don't have to buy them individually, especially if I buy a physical version and have to keep disk swapping!
4. FUCK YES!
5. Triple dipping RE4 -.- double dipping the other two
6. FFS capcom, put a platinum trophy in RE4 this Time, for the love of God!

Ashtrax

Seeing this announcement makes me realize that the only games left are Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica. Capcom may as well just remake them while they're at it!

Top Bottom