• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

If there is no shooting then I will be pretty bummed. I know that's maybe a stupid thing to say but eh, it's RE. Don't really want it to be Amnesia style or whatever.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I'm cautiously excited. It's just an atmospheric trailer, I'm sure it has combat in-game.

The ability to defend yourself is core to the series

EDIT
so does the demo go up in a couple minutes?

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Resident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

The Resident Evil saga started 20 years ago with the launch of the 1996 original, and this exciting new evolution makes now the perfect time to be a fan. Experiencing the exploration and immersive atmosphere in the new, unnervingly intimate first-person view of Resident Evil 7 is guaranteed to be the stuff of nightmares when the game releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi...-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear

Fuck this. First person? No fucking thank you. NO!

This makes the isolated mansion concept art for Resident Evil Vendetta (the new upcoming CGI film) make a lot of sense now.

They weren't just planning to take the films more to survival horror. It looks like it might be a concerted effort across the franchise.

RedSnake

Quoting myself from the Sony conf.
wait...what?

I don't really know what to think.

RE turned into PT?
Rebbot?

It looked amazing but as a RE? I don't know what to think

Plus Kitchen was turned into RE7 after the possitive feedback so... less thana year in development?

This has me worried man...to many questions.

Oh well, RE4 was a big change, RE7 seems to eanother one.

Also, I don't have PS+ so I'm fucking pissed right now

joe2187

Banned
I dont get the hate.

Am I the only one here that's positive about the game?

I love classic RE, I love Action RE, I love Budget RE and Arcade RE.

This looks amazing and Im refreshing PSN every minute until the demo pops up

Set in modern day rural America and taking place after the dramatic events of Resident Evil® 6, players experience the terror directly from the first person perspective. The Resident Evil® 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo, also announced today, portrays events leading up to the main game

After reading this I'm more convinced the reveal is misdirection, I think all that footage was from the teaser demo.

I dont get the hate.

I'm not hating the game for what has been shown, it's because I really don't like first person games :/

I dont get the hate.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've already seen the series transform into a completely different beast than the one I grew up loving before, after RE4. So I'm not bothered that it's happened again. RE4 turned out to be a great game in its own right, this very well could too.

Quoting myself from the Sony conf.

Plus Kitchen was turned into RE7 after the possitive feedback so... less thana year in development?

So basically whatever they worked on directly after RE6 was scrapped then. Or maybe it was turned into Revelations 2. I don't even know...

RSB

Banned
Looks like they just slapped RE on a VR title to get in on the PT money
Pretty much. Both classic and action RE have pretty unique styles, but that demo looked like a cheap Amnesia/Outlast/PT clone, generic as fuck. Hopefully there's much more to the game, but considering they said it's gonna be playable from start to finish in VR makes me think there won't be... Seeing the next mainline RE turned into a generic first person horror game is the fucking worst.

Well, there's still RE2 Remake. I hope they don't fuck that up...

Jawmuncher

I dont get the hate.

I feel like they didn't listen to anyone. They just went "people really liked PT, that's what we need to do for RE!". Of course ship it

Unless I'm wrong, doubt this is gonna heavily tie into anything and close anything off from RE6. How do you even keep those characters in something like this aside from "oh a text file talking about Jake"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a horror fan, I am excited.

But as a broader Resident Evil fan, I am confused.

Holding my inner thoughts until I play the demo tonight.

joe2187

Banned
I feel like they didn't listen to anyone. They just went "people really liked PT, that's what we need to do for RE!". Of course ship it

Unless I'm wrong, doubt this is gonna heavily tie into anything and close anything off from RE6. How do you even keep those characters in something like this aside from "oh a text file talking about Jake"

It takes place directly after RE6.

We don't know many details about the gameplay yet. Hopefully it keeps elements of classic or modern RE games. But if this is really another Amnesia clone it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I am sooo not exited. First-person point-and-click horror is not what I expected from this. I hope it's good? But I don't enjoy those types of games much. :/

Dusk Golem

I also will say the last thing I expected to say this morning was "going to wait until I play the RE7 demo tonight." What a surreal feeling all around.

The posts in the other thread where people type "yeah back to horror roots at last!" make my head hurt.

I've always considered RE an action series with a horror backdrop.

Dusk Golem

I will say, I think the game isn't combat-less.

I might be wrong, but I have my sneaking suspicion it does, in fact, have combat.

I know this is sort of off topic with the RE7 announce but anyone else getting worried about RE2 remake. Where is it? Barely heard anything about it and I'm beginning to get worried that it could get lost in the shuffle and forgotten as it were.

Dusk Golem

I know this is sort of off topic with the RE7 announce but anyone else getting worried about RE2 remake. Where is it? Barely heard anything about it and I'm beginning to get worried that it could get lost in the shuffle and forgotten as it were.

In the newest video by Capcom on their Resident Evil channel, they talked about REmake 2 and said next video they're announcing who the director of REmake 2 is. This video I speak of is a little more than a week old.

Top Bottom