• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm gonna be dissapointed in the Re7 reveal. Since I'm more action RE fan than anything.

Heh, I feel like I've seen you trying to prepare for disappointment all week.

I don't think they are going to drop the action, though. I think they might drop the dumb action movie tropes, where something is always exploding or falling or just about to catch fire, but I think the melee stuff is here to stay.

I say this as a player who prefers the more slow, ponderous shit--zombie hugging is here to stay. The changes will be in tone and hopefully will promote a deeper sense of intimacy (Sterling used that word in his review of REmake) with setting.

I mean, they need good moves for Mercs, and there will be Mercs (or riot)

Jawmuncher

Heh, I feel like I've seen you trying to prepare for disappointment all week.

I don't think they are going to drop the action, though. I think they might drop the dumb action movie tropes, where something is always exploding or falling or just about to catch fire, but I think the melee stuff is here to stay.

I say this as a player who prefers the more slow, ponderous shit--zombie hugging is here to stay. The changes will be in tone and hopefully will promote a deeper sense of intimacy (Sterling used that word in his review of REmake) with setting.

I mean, they need good moves for Mercs, and there will be Mercs (or riot)

Hopefully, only a day to find out at least

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Okay, I am 100% serious here, I was watching the Bethesda pre-conference stream, there was a lot of Evil Within stuff (Shinji Mikami also appeared), BUT I SWEAR TO GOD, there was a scene of someone at Bethesda stabbing someone in the back, but there was a TV in the background that showed the actual Umbrella Logo, and then showed an "M for Mature" rating, and transitioned to a scene of a huge decaying building, and then the screen cut away.

I was not the only one who spotted that, a friend I was watching with spotted it too. OUI. I don't why that would be there, but that was 100% the Umbrella Logo. Why? And the building I had never seen before.

Jawmuncher

Okay, I am 100% serious here, I was watching the Bethesda pre-conference stream, there was a lot of Evil Within stuff (Shinji Mikami also appeared), BUT I SWEAR TO GOD, there was a scene of someone at Bethesda stabbing someone in the back, but there was a TV in the background that showed the actual Umbrella Logo, and then showed an "M for Mature" rating, and transitioned to a scene of a huge decaying building, and then the screen cut away.

I was not the only one who spotted that, a friend I was watching with spotted it too. OUI. I don't why that would be there, but that was 100% the Umbrella Logo. Why? And the building I had never seen before.

Evil Within meets Resident Evil with Mikami back

There is no way the mainline entry focuses on horror over action, action outsells it what, six to one? The melee/TPS system and all that comes with it has to be the core mechanic.

Jawmuncher

image7ypef.png

Jawmuncher

Talk now about how RE7 might be PlayStation exclusive like SFV. I personally doubt that though. RE seems like way too big of a franchise, especially in the west to do that with. I've said in the thread that more than likely it's RE7 might be timed exclusive like ROTTR, and that there will be an exclusive VR game. Like some said earlier, kitchen might have been RE VR prototype. We now that Capcom started a VR group that was also with the RE group.

Kuraudo

Banned
I hope it's not exclusive, just because I want to see actual discussion of Resident Evil 7 rather than threads full of fanboys who don't care about RE using it as a trump card. The Street Fighter V discussion when it was announced was tragic.

Dusk Golem

People, it's been an honor to sail with you on the RE7 speculation train. If it doesn't show today, then this is going to seem silly in retrospective, but everything is pointing to it being on one of the conferences today. I will admit I think RE7 has been my most anticipated game of E3, partially as so curious what it might turn out being like, whether it's all horror, all action, or more likely somewhere in-between. Be fun to see how we all personally respond to it, no matter what it turns out being like.

Dusk Golem

I'm expecting a teaser in the vein of 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvxe0tDL9g8

:D

Nah, it's too late for that. It is said that the game is in development since the release of RE6, so for 3-4 years now. If the game is gonna be announced on this E3, I expect nothing less than a full trailer like they did with RE6.

I think it might be a full trailer, as said the game has been in development for over three and a half years, but also Capcom has a 'Major Title' they plan to release between October 1st 2016 - March 31st 2017 they plan to sell over 4 million copies in the fiscal year (which ends on March 31st), and said they want to go on a 'full-scale offensive' with Resident Evil in the second half of fiscal year. There's little else that it could be other than Resident Evil 7, and if they plan to release it somewhere in 5-9 months from now, I don't think a teaser trailer will be the best way to go about it.

Resident Evil 6 got a full reveal trailer in January of 2012, and then released in November of 2012, which was 10-11 months later.

Jawmuncher

I think it might be a full trailer, as said the game has been in development for over three and a half years, but also Capcom has a 'Major Title' they plan to release between October 1st 2016 - March 31st 2017 they plan to sell over 4 million copies in the fiscal year (which ends on March 31st), and said they want to go on a 'full-scale offensive' with Resident Evil in the second half of fiscal year. There's little else that it could be other than Resident Evil 7, and if they plan to release it somewhere in 5-9 months from now, I don't think a teaser trailer will be the best way to go about it.

Resident Evil 6 got a full reveal trailer in January of 2012, and then released in November of 2012, which was 10-11 months later.

RE6 released in October. Remember they moved it up from November

Yeah, it should be a full trailer and maybe some gameplay showing the VR support (if what has been said in the Sony thread ends up being true) I expect it to be released around January/early February.

9 hours until the pre-show!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
After a Tango-free Bethesda conference, only a Resi reveal can mend this broken heart.

nAM5Qf.gif

Sony pls

so do you think anything will be shown at Microsoft?

It could happen, but Enter the dragon Punch said that he posted the info on the Sony thread because of a certain reason (exclusive? doubt it TBH so I assume that it should be because of the VR support or just Sony got Capcom to show it at the conference)

strafer

It could happen, but Enter the dragon Punch said that he posted the info on the Sony thread because of a certain reason (exclusive? doubt it TBH so I assume that it should be because of the VR support or just Sony got Capcom to show it at the conference)

Right. I can see Sony giving Capcom some money so they'll show.

Mr_Zombie

I wouldn't be surprised if Dead Rising 4 will be showed on Microsoft's conference and RE7 on Sony's.

News Bot

Banned

VR features exclusive to the PS4 version, maybe?

RE7 is fully playable in VR. I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

VR inherently requires a slower-paced game, since you don't want to make the player nauseated. That means RE7 may very well be more survival horror than action.

That looked cool, but... RE7 as a first person walking simulator? I'm not sure I like this.

Yeah, way too much walking and not much else. Even the tank-control games had more interesting gameplay than that.

We've only seen a tiny slice of gameplay though, so I'm willing to wait and see.

Top Bottom