• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Only issue with Umbrella Corps is the maps which 100% don't fit the gameplay design thus kinda ruining it.
Maps maybe twice that or even bigger would be perfect.
Heck ORC maps but Umbrella Corps map themes and gameplay would be a perfect mp shooter.

Yup, that's my biggest problem with UC. The shooters I already play have huge, intricately designed maps. Umbrella Corps feels like a downgrade in that regard.

Did RE1 not have difficulty options for each character? On Deadly Silence, Jill is easy mode and Chris is hard mode inherently, but I don't remember whether it was always like this or whether they've cut the option.

Mr_Zombie

It was like this from the beginning, at least the normal version. Only Director's Cut had additional difficulty settings (Normal, Beginner, Arrange).

However, I think only some version of RE1 labeled Jill/Chris as Easy/Hard. I don't remember it from the PC version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The San Diego thing starts in ~20 min. Anybody know if there's a stream?

I don't know if there will be a stream (I'll look though), but you got the time zone a bit off, it's currently 9:50 AM in San Diego, so it starts actually in an hour and 40 minutes.

Any major announcements will be shown outside though and some people there will report things, probably. The only 100% confirmed things is that The Kitchen is playable on the show floor (not part of the panel, but maybe we'll finally get some more footage of it now that it's open to the public?), the last live-action RE movie trailer is confirmed to be shown at sometime during Comic-Con (during the Resident Evil panel makes a lot of sense), and that the director of Resident Evil 7 is there, as he does a signing session a bit after the panel. To see what comes of it.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I always mess up time zones <_<

As much as capcom has been plugging the panel, I figured there might be a way to watch without getting to SoCal in the middle of a workday. I'll do some searches

EDIT/Update:
Well, I can't find anything. Hopefully we get a good press summary or some news from Capcom after the panel ends

Jawmuncher

In related/unrelated news, the first full video of the Kitchen is now online. Questionable quality, but can see the differences in the Kitchen and the extended RE7 Teaser Demo Ending from the Kitchen originally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIotOw0E7KE

....I kinda want a VR headset for just RE7 now.
I'm also surprised how much I have come around on the change for RE7. It being canon helps and so long as we see in the future them not dropping the other styles, it should all work.
I do wonder more and more how RE2make will be. Part of me is thinking now that it might be more than just a RE2 remake with better graphics like REmake was.

Jawmuncher

I am buying PSVR because of RE7. Literally a system-seller

It's just too much for me. If there's any sort of sale on them though come RE7's release or maybe some sort of bundle I might change my mind. Would be nice to see the PC version get VR support though.

Jawmuncher

So watching the trailer again these 3 things stuck out to me. Might have been discussed already but wanted to share all the same.

Raincoat Man
- I know some said this might just be family man, but I don't think so. Also don't think it's the protagonist either. RE likes have multiple character's in their stories, so I wonder if perhaps he'll be akin to ada like role. In the sense that you see him in the mansion and maybe interact here and there with him but go your seperate ways. Could be a character that gets further expanded upon in the DLC.
raincoatfgkaj.png

Wheelchair "lady"

- I haven't seen much talk that this might be a female character. Most kind of assume it's Ozwell due to the wheelchair. But watching that scene on loop, it's definitely looks to me like it's a older lady. Not much else to add really to that.

Window Figure

- I wonder if this is supposed to the protagonist or someone else. It looks like they're clearly looking at the figure coming out of the car. I guess one theory could be Raincoat Man is in the car and the protagonist is in the house or vice versa. Though it does seem like the person getting out of the car kinda knows what they're getting into.

Kiro

They've been kind of quiet but I hope they plan something. Seems the release was pushed a bit faster than RE6. Would mainly like to see some performance fixes.

They confirmed that they were "working on it" I just want my roommate to have an inventory and upgrades when playing split screen.

kamineko

Man, I need to get cracking on that RE4 OT. Those things take a while (except for the RE5 OT, which was a last minute deal)

Dusk Golem

One picture of the Resident Evil Comic-Con booth went on display from before the conference started:

13704372_142773389486972_266573374_n.jpg

Amusingly enough, the only thing this tells us is people participating were told strictly NOT to record any footage and anyone spotted taking video would be asked to leave. The bad news is we may not see anything immediately, the good news is they wouldn't go to those precautions unless they were actually showing something at the conference.

EDIT: A couple more, but no details yet:

13732251_304800243198457_648090008_n.jpg

13707074_167104060375504_373819515_n.jpg

Jawmuncher

One picture of the Resident Evil Comic-Con booth went on display from before the conference started:

13704372_142773389486972_266573374_n.jpg

Amusingly enough, the only thing this tells us is people participating were told strictly NOT to record any footage and anyone spotted taking video would be asked to leave. The bad news is we may not see anything immediately, the good news is they wouldn't go to those precautions unless they were actually showing something at the conference.

Is this the game or the movie pane? Or are those going to be combined?
Guess it's time to start scrolling twitter. Should be some live reactions there.

Dusk Golem

Is this the game or the movie pane? Or are those going to be combined?
Guess it's time to start scrolling twitter. Should be some live reactions there.

No word outside of the pic and the couple I just updated with. The person who posted the pictures though did write:

Thank you Kawata-san! Looking forward to Resident Evil 7!!

But that's not very much info. XD; We don't know if they revealed anything, just talked about things, maybe elaborated things, or talked about the series history and stories, or showed new stuff. It was a 20th anniversary panel, and they did ask for no videos to be taken I guess. But be good to get some word if there was something there (or nothing?).

Jawmuncher

If the panel is done, there has to be some info hitting from people there soon. Perhaps nothing too major, but definitely betting on some news that'd be nice to know.

Also some slight news was from a recent Capcom Europe Interview
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=210998388#post210998388

Biggest to me was that they'll be showing how RE7 ties into the franchise and that they indeed plan on keeping other RE genre fans happy.
Also gonna have to leave it to Dusk Golem and the rest to get the twitter info when it starts leaking. Can't search for anything when I try.

Dusk Golem

Huh, someone posted this.

13712692_1662442730746092_614216300_n.jpg

That's in 2 hours and forty-five minutes from now, and is directly after the RE7 director's signing. Wonder what it's for?

Dusk Golem

That's just the ticket to play the demo at that appointed time isn't it ?

Maybe it's just that, if so though it's a pretty ticket and I would of assumed it would just be a line, but maybe it is simply a ticket system.

There were several hundred people there and no word yet on what the panel was actually about. :I Even if it wasn't anything breath-taking, it is a curious thing.

kamineko

I would think a gaffer would have been in attendance.

Still, it's hard getting new faces in here now that we are in community--they may not know about us

If the panel is done, there has to be some info hitting from people there soon. Perhaps nothing too major, but definitely betting on some news that'd be nice to know.

Also some slight news was from a recent Capcom Europe Interview
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=210998388#post210998388

Biggest to me was that they'll be showing how RE7 ties into the franchise and that they indeed plan on keeping other RE genre fans happy.
Also gonna have to leave it to Dusk Golem and the rest to get the twitter info when it starts leaking. Can't search for anything when I try.

“It does feel like we were a bit of a centre of attention this year,” says Capcom’s EMEA marketing director Antoine Molant. “Which is nice for a change, to be honest. We feel good about it.”

That actually makes me feel kinda bad for the team, haha. You can tell from the production values and all the little touches that they really put their all into RE 6 just to have a not so small portion of the community scream "OH GOD NO!"

Jawmuncher

Going through Twitter only info I saw was the audience pretended to be zombies, and I think the live action movie is the same week as the game.

Dusk Golem

OKAY, DUG UP SOME STUFF.

-Thing I posted above is a RE7 demo ticket, they only do 190 demo sessions a day.

-They apparently spent part of the panel talking about all of the main Resident Evil games and recent HD Remasters of them.

Picture of the peeps talking:

And some of the slides for the different games:

-Apparently the translator made a lot of actually pretty funny jokes, not sure if the people hosting were actually funny or the translator was talented.

-The did a crowd vote thing for the original Resident Evil/REmake to shout for who chose Jill and who chose Chris for the first run. Jill won.

-"Boulder-Punchingly intense" was one of RE5's bullet points:
5e5f21e35407baca80f65a4e04a0dc7c.png

-They talked some series lore for some of the games and details from some of the creators about small things, development side and story side, apparently.

-In a similar fashion, RE4's slides mentioned Leon's suplex abilities as a bullet point. They know.
(for some reason, also listed Wesker & HUNK being playable in Mercenaries mode as a bullet point.)

-Some developer stories, I only have bits and pieces. One talked about working at Capcom for 21 years and being involved with RE since the beginning, and the state of Capcom when he joined and how they 'financially weren't looking too good' before RE. And how Capcom wanted two disks for Resident Evil 2 since it was a hyped sequel, and 'one disk wouldn't be enough' for the fans, to really pack the game full of stuff they thought fans would love.

Image of when they talk about their personal histories with the franchise and some developer stories:
51c230c955080b0ea3b2d2aef8aaf1f2.png

-They did talk about RE7 and apparently talked about some new stuff about it, BUT WON'T SAY WHAT IT IS!

-They premiered a video of people's live reactions to The Kitchen demo before they revealed it was RE7 and compiled it for the con from past appearances of it.

-Part of what convinced them to do VR for RE7 as an option was the great reactions to The Kitchen, they used The Kitchen in some ways not only to tease RE7, but to fiddle with the possibility of VR for RE7 and see if it seemed liable for it. Spoilers: The reaction to it was great.

-APPARENTLY they answered some of the biggest community questions on Resident Evil 7, BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE RESPONSES. But this slid was brought up and progressed as they answered popular community questions:
8a8b19755389a53804e1a59861e78ea8.png

-They say they have been listening to social feed stuff posted to them on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube comments, etc. So if want something, just sound off, they are listening and following the community for RE.

-Okay, got something. the response to the first question on who the character is, their response in basic: They're taking a different approach to Resident Evil 7 to every other RE in marketing, like with RE5/6/Revelations, and trying to keep as much disclosed about the game before release as possible. They want it to be a surprise when you play the game, say they aren't a returning character and just a normal person, but hint they 'might' have some connection to something in the series past.

-And yup, asked everyone to get up and do a zombie impression:

There might be more, but all I got.

Jawmuncher

Happy to see them acknowledge the crazy moments of prior games. It's good to know that they understand that there are fans for that action over the top style as well.

Dusk Golem

I'm calling now that the main character is someone's family or friend.

It's likely. They mentioned this for characters, locations, etc. But it was mentioned here, and I saw it mentioned elsewhere in interviews, but motives. That's a weirdly specific thing to mention, like yes if you want to not reveal the characters then you probably don't want to reveal their motives, but the fact they have mentioned they don't want to spoil and keep things a surprise, and mention motives specifically with that, could potentially raise a few questions.

Jawmuncher

It's likely. They mentioned this for characters, locations, etc. But it was mentioned here, and I saw it mentioned elsewhere in interviews, but motives. That's a weirdly specific thing to mention, like yes if you want to not reveal the characters then you probably don't want to reveal their motives, but the fact they have mentioned they don't want to spoil and keep things a surprise, and mention motives specifically with that, could potentially raise a few questions.

Yeah really adds to why they want to stay tight lipped.

kamineko

I also like CV's settings. Zero's setting, outside the train, feels so recycled.

Deliberately recycled, to the point of including a physically impossible visit to the RE2 freight elevator. :p

Man, there were some nasty fights about that

Bladenic

Huh, someone posted this.

13712692_1662442730746092_614216300_n.jpg

That's in 2 hours and forty-five minutes from now, and is directly after the RE7 director's signing. Wonder what it's for?

Man, I just LOVE RE7's cover. So beautiful, creepy, atmospheric, and mysterious.

And thanks for compiling all that. Love that they said they are trying to keep as much possible to themselves.

Deliberately recycled, to the point of including a physically impossible visit to the RE2 freight elevator. :p

I mean, deliberately or not, it just makes the game feel kind of tired. I don't hate Zero or anything, but that kind of stuff, coupled with the half baked co-op idea and extremely frustrating item management system put it below CV for me.

Bladenic

"There's no reason to look here" HOW WOULD REBECCA KNOW THAT

And yeah, while I did like some of the other environments, particularly the gorgeous church, the train really was the standout and "new" feeling environment.

The train looked really nice but it's design was super dull. It was a very clear tutorial level and the design didn't lend itself all that well to classic RE's strengths. I really liked the climax to it though, I thought the tension and puzzles were really clever. I thought the training facility was a much better area even if it felt like a rehash of the spencer mansion.

I don't think 0 is comes anywhere close to REmake in terms of quality, but I liked it a lot more than I was expecting. The "coop" was pretty cool when it worked (ie not bossfights).

But the game would be soooo much better if it had an item box. I just can't deal with all that clutter and annoyance.

Top Bottom