• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Review with Forrest MacNeil - Season 3 |OT| These pancakes couldn't kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New episode tonight:
Buried Alive; 6 Star Review; Public Speaking

Forrest spends 24 hours in a coffin; faces a dilemma when a viewer asks him to rate something with six stars; makes a public speaking appearance.

Raxus

Shame this show doesn't get more attention. One of the best dark comedies on TV in ages.

Look forward to see how much lower we can go
apparently 6 feet lower

Good fun:

- Warming Glow: What We’ve Learned From ‘Review’s Second Season So Far (GIFs!)

yy3y0om.gif

JDSN

Banned
Im okay with Forrest dying without finding redemption, him subtly implying to his dad to do this or else he would do it to his kid is the most horrible thing he has done so far.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I loved the dinner guests' reactions to Forrest. No one doing anything, just cringing and covering their eyes. His son trying to slide under the table.. He couldn't have created a bigger trainwreck.

JDSN

Banned
A.J is on fire this season, she gets a few lines of dialog each week but her facial expressions are great, none of that generic Jim from the Office shrug, she nailed it when she figured out Forrest was gonna fail the ice cream review, in five seconds she was pleased, then shocked, then angry, then frustrated and then just tired.

Clevinger

After realizing that Tammy Caswell was not a celebrity for the purposes of his review, Forrest moved on to Diane, a deeply depressed traffic reporter who had written a book on loss after the tragic death of her husband. Their encounter ended with a naked Forrest standing next to the bed after sex while she clutched her husband’s ashes and bawled. That’s… not ideal.

Oh my god. I forgot all about that.

New episode tonight:
Murder; Magic 8 Ball; Procrastination

Forrest allows a Magic 8-Ball to dictate his decisions for a day; faced with the task of procrastinating; facing the toughest review yet.

Anyone else worried that the show isn't going to last much longer? This season's been fantastic, but the ratings have been pretty rough.

I really need to see what a "final" review for Forrest would be.

- Sneak peek scene from tonight's episode

Anyone else worried that the show isn't going to last much longer? This season's been fantastic, but the ratings have been pretty rough.

The numbers for Review aren't great this year, but there are a lot of factors at play. Comedy Central relies heavily on web viewing, DVR, and replays for their shows, plus Review is critically well regarded. I would also assume that it's a relatively inexpensive show to produce. On the other hand, I don't know how much more mileage they can get out of the concept, and the viewership is pretty poor. Tough to say, but I imagine they'll keep it around at least another season if Andy Daly is game and has a good idea of where they're taking the show.

Kaiterra

Banned
That look from Grant after the meeting with legal was perfect. He's so twisted.

I really hope Forrest doesn't go through with this.

B.K.

That look from Grant after the meeting with legal was perfect. He's so twisted.

The thing I like most about Grant is that he's basically a season one Rusty Venture. It doesn't help that James Urbaniak's normal speaking voice is basically the same one he uses in Venture Bros. Everything he says and does to Forrest, I can see season one Dr. Venture doing to Hank and Dean.

I'm terrified for it, but I'd be okay with only three fantastic seasons if that's what it comes down to. I at least need a third, though.

Dan

"Just so you know, the guy in the coma died, too."

Brilliant.

AniHawk

i think the veto booth will do one of three things:

1. forrest never uses it despite some truly awful things happening
2. forrest uses it on something he personally really doesn't like, but most people would be okay with
3. forrest uses it on something that sounds dangerous, which results in a replacement review being something that doesn't sound dangerous, but winds up being what the first review would have been anyway

so basically option 3. kinda.

AJ is just great on this show.

the "holy shit" when he finally used a veto slayed me.

the 8-ball in the fanny pack was just much lol. And i knew the guy he "helped" get released was going to come back and haunt him somehow but holy shit how it happend. i never want this show to end

big ander

oh wow. I can't decide whether that was a soaring show-imploding shark-jump or an incredible new high-water mark. It might be both. either way it was the most insane and audacious half hour of television I've seen this year.

Mindlog

ctrl + v
oh wow. I can't decide whether that was a soaring show-imploding shark-jump or an incredible new high-water mark. It might be both. either way it was the most insane and audacious half hour of television I've seen this year.
Sex With Clovers - Four and a half Stars

barik

I must post this every week, but fucking hell this goddamn show. Really wondering how far they can take this concept if they get a third or even a fourth season. Clovers ;_;

Forrest's Dad's monologue was heartbreaking

For real, it almost felt like a Breaking Bad scene towards the end there.

JDSN

Banned
The other inmate was the literal doctor from Arrested Development, oh man when Forrest said that losing Clovers was the worse thing it happened after losing his whole family pretty much cemented him as a complete monster.

saunderez

The other inmate was the literal doctor from Arrested Development, oh man when Forrest said that losing Clovers after losing his whole family pretty much cemented him as a complete monster.

I knew he looked familiar!

The shenanigans fighting over Clovers is one of the greatest things of all time. Myles Barlow would've been proud of Forest seeing him soldier on in jail.

Dan

The other inmate was the literal doctor from Arrested Development, oh man when Forrest said that losing Clovers was the worse thing it happened after losing his whole family pretty much cemented him as a complete monster.
Ian Roberts deserves more credit than just a recurring role on Arrested Development. Founding member of UCB and co-showrunner of Key & Peele!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom