• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

Another chance to side with the Imperial Legion?

Day 1.

giphy.gif

No, really. Why?

The Empire is dysfunctional as fuck. Why would you seek to perpetuate the mess that the Empire is?

Off the top of my head...

*Cowardly surrendering to the elves, so willingly letting their culture be dismantled.

*Letting Dominion enforcers patrol around the lands and perform arrests as what is very much an occupying force.

*'Illegal border crossing' - You're kidding me, right?

*Unilateral summary executions.

*"Forget the list. S/He goes to the block"

*RIP Roggvir

Etc etc. The Empire is a puppet-state of the Dominion that is dead-weight holding Skyrim down. There is NOTHING in the game demonstrating that Skyrim gets JACK out of staying with the Empire. The Empire erodes Skyrim's culture and allows foreign terrorists of a Nazi bent to enforce their will upon the people.

That. Is. Terror.

Ulfric Did Nothing Wrong.

I don't know if this has been posted yet.

I predict that Bethesda will reveal The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary edition for PS4 and Xbox One (they will use the same "legendary" title again)

- It will run at 1080p 60fps with improved lighting and textures from the pc version
- It will include all the DLC packs and some exclusive item/s for The ESO
- The release date will be November 11th 2015

This makes perfect sense for bethesda as the current gen consoles are basically PC's so porting the pc version over should be alot cheaper and quicker than it use to be to port games to the last gen consoles, which in turn means:

Amazing Game + Low cost + Quick Development = Large Profit

Last edited by Last_colossi; 06-07-2015 at 10:49 PM

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=166734756

My timing may have been a bit off, but hey, I was right!

FinFan

Depends on price point and quality. I still have my original disc and wouldn't mind the BC treatment. But, if this is true, that's not a reality.

shandy706

Who said they were wasting any time?

Is it just a port of the PC build?

There's no way a remaster would look better than the modded PC build I played at 4k with HD textures and more.

I'm sure it will sale, I'd just rather development time went into something else. If it's some small side studio doing it, that's cool.

Simply no interest here.

Loxley

Seems like such a completely useless release. I mean seriously. What a money grab cash-in.

I mean, every remaster is a cash-grab, I don't see what makes this any more or less egregious. At least Skyrim is a super-popular game where the demand is there.

That's very disappointing. Hopefully they also announce a new Elder Scrolls game.

They're still releasing DLC for Fallout 4, you won't hear about the next Elder Scrolls for another year or two.

ACR0019

Why is this such a horrendous, cash-grabbing release? My Xbox 360 copy runs like crap and looks even worse. If I want mods and 1080p/60fps with my Skyrim, why should I be ashamed?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I mean....good for those who want it, I suppose, but this seems like an odd thing to push for - though admittedly, I've got it on PC.

I suppose the new TES must be taking longer than anticipated?

It's just a matter of time. No way does Bethesda let the project just die after the studio already ported it to the current consoles in some capacity during Fallout 4 development.

No, really. Why?

The Empire is dysfunctional as fuck. Why would you seek to perpetuate the mess that the Empire is?

*Cowardly surrendering to the elves, so willingly letting their culture be dismantled.

*Letting Dominion enforcers patrol around the lands and perform arrests as what is very much an occupying force.

*RIP Roggvir

Etc etc. The Empire is a puppet-state of the Dominion that is dead-weight holding Skyrim down. There is NOTHING in the game demonstrating that Skyrim gets JACK out of staying with the Empire. The Empire erodes Skyrim's culture and allows foreign terrorists of a Nazi bent to enforce their will upon the people.

That. Is. Terror.

The way I see it, the Stormcloaks are shortsighted rebels that need to be executed for Treason and Ulfric is a dishonorable usurper.

The Empire is just biding their time with the Thalmor and if they have any hope of winning, they need a unified front. Not some Nords who treat Dark Elves and Argonians like trash.

I'm hoping the next game takes place in the Summerset Isles during a full scale Imperial invasion.

carlsojo

No, really. Why?

*RIP Roggvir

That. Is. Terror.

The way I saw it was that by helping the Empire I would set them up to rebel against the Dominion.

iNvid02

i guess there is enough there for console folk if its a decent remaster that actually runs well, and they throw in some mods (maybe even paid!).

Sounds good to me. There are still things I wish I did in that game, so it'd be nice to play through it again and get to that stuff in a fresh save.

Hilarious as hell seeing all the "LAZY CASH GRAB!!!!1!!!1" "fcuk betehsda" comments over this being rumored NOW, after all the "Just release it already!" comments after THoward mentioned that they ported Skyrim to the Xbone last year.

The way I see it, the Stormcloaks are shortsighted rebels that need to be executed for Treason and Ulfric is a dishonorable usurper.

The Empire is just biding their time with the Thalmor and if they have any hope of winning, they need a unified front. Not some Nords who treat Dark Elves and Argonians like trash.

I'm hoping the next game takes place in the Summerset Isles during a full scale Imperial invasion.

I don't recall Vichy France ever invading Nazi Germany.

Because that's exactly what the Empire is.

Vichy France.

No, really. Why?

*RIP Roggvir

That. Is. Terror.

You may be right but since Ulfric
destroys half of Whiterun, kills Balgruuf the greater & replaces a lot of the store owners and townfolk with stormcloak thugs
& on top of that
the new jarl Vignar Gray-Mane says he's going to build a temple of Talos and make Heimskr (my most hated character in all of Skyrim who I kill at the start of every playthrough) head of the temple

The stormcloaks may have better order and laws than the imperials but when it comes to practice I hate everything the stormcloaks actually do.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I guess this is cool for those who love the game and don't own a PC or do and just don't like modding.

I am interested to see what it's like because I really enjoyed playing it when it came out but not sure if I'll pick it up. After having played Witcher 3/Dark Souls I'm worried the gameplay/story will feel terrible to return to and of course it's Bethesda so will no doubt run like utter crap.

y'all are talking lore and ingame politics and it's kind of eerie how much it makes me want to play this game again. i think i might take a break from being fucking sour about Fallout 4 to play this game again, sometime. it's just god damn the modding

THE MODDING

it takes so long :(

is STEP still comprehensive?

EYEL1NER

If they made it possible to import your previous gen's save, I would be down for it in a heartbeat. I put in 80-100 hours before I shelved the game for a while after running into a minor glitch that wouldn't let me finish part of the Thieve's Guild questline and never returned to it after they fixed it.
If there is no way to import my save, I wouldn't be in any rush to get it; I've been playing ESO on Xbone as a Nord in the Ebonheart Pact, so I am not in desperate need of a TES game right now.

Bungie

I managed to 100% that game as in doing all quest, DLCs, & achievements. Not sure if this would be worth it, I rather put that time into a new experience.

Vire

If it uses the same garbage engine why bother?

Fallout 4 barely looks better than Skyrim as it is. I don't know what fuck all a remaster is going to do.

I guess this is cool for those who love the game and don't own a PC or do and just don't like modding.

I am interested to see what it's like because I really enjoyed playing it when it came out but not sure if I'll pick it up. After having played Witcher 3/Dark Souls I'm worried the gameplay/story will feel terrible to return to and of course it's Bethesda so will no doubt run like utter crap.

Well considering that Skyrim can run on almost any PC and run well on some of the lowest hardware (a 750ti can run Skyrim at max 1080p with 56fps average) I would expect the current PS4 and Xbone to run it at 1080p 30fps and the PSneo and Xbone 1.5 to run the game at 1080p 60fps no probs.

jacobeid

Banned
this aint for pc

You can run Skyrim on a toaster and they'll still charge you $60 for a version on consoles that probably won't look as good and likely without the PC mods that have been worked on for 5 years, so I'm not sure who this is for or why they're doing it.

Who am I kidding? Yes I do. People will lap this shit up.

Top Bottom