• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

Yeah it makes no sense for him to be PS4-exclusive if Sony doesn't own him. Meaning it's likely you can only get the figure in the PS4 box, but you can use him in any version, like Dark Spyro in Skylanders 1 3DS, you could only get that in the 3DS box, but was usable anywhere IIRC.

DK and Bowser did get standalone releases later so that could happen also.

See, now this is the only unfortunate leak of E3.

Just imagine 1+ minute of on stage build up about the return of Crash Bandicoot, followed by this unveil, and then later confirmation that this is the only Crash Bandicoot thing in existence.

Conker in project spark 2.0

It's basically entirely original characters sans Spyro and last year's guests.

They're adding another one this year though.

This seems like a poor fit. Like... surely they get "Minecraft Steve" or someone instead. If Acti still owns him he doesn't even qualify as a "guest" character, at least not in the most interesting and usual sense of that term

Salty Hippo

If this gets revealed on the Sony stage, I legitimately want audible booing from the audience that's there. I don't care how immature it is.

If THIS is what all the teasing from Sony led to, they deserve it.

Sony is not tone deaf like Microsoft, they're not gonna give stage time for something fans obviously don't want. If it gets revealed on stage you can bet they're trolling just to announce the Crash game later in the show, or just after Skylanders.

It's either that or no Crash announcement at all.

Just imagine 1+ minute of on stage build up about the return of Crash Bandicoot, followed by this unveil, and then later confirmation that this is the only Crash Bandicoot thing in existence.

Aw now i'm sad :(

DNAbro

god that would have been amazing

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
But Crash is already on PS4
On Uncharted 4 form

If real, I wish this did not leak just to see is someone at Sony had the guts to say Crash is coming back during the conference only to show this Skylanders shit. Honestly, someone could have been hurt, Crash getting hyped like nothing I've never seen.

daveo42

Banned
giphy.gif

The comeback Crash deserves.
I love Crash, but he should stay where he was good, on the PS1.

Every single thread. Like clockwork.

This obviously far from the truth.

you really want some attention today heh.

I kid, I know people care about Crash. I am just not a fan of the games.

You gotta admit that this is kind of funny, even the people that want a new game have to laugh a bit.

Please be true the meltdown would be pretty incredible. Skylanders would be the first good platformer Crash has been in.

Basically.

Sagroth

Oh wow. And here I thought him only being in PSASBR2 would be a colossal disappointment. If THIS is all there is(or even if it's both this and PSASBR2, with no actual game of his own), we're talking full on Project Spark Conker Jontron responses on GAF and everywhere else.

Kouichi

This is the real tragedy. Now people are giving up hope, so the meltdowns won't be as crazy.

I could see this being some sort of deal worked out between Sony and Activision for there to be a Crash Skylanders figure to go alongside a Sony funded/developed Crash game. I'm not saying it is definitely happening, but I can see it being possible.

L Thammy

Just imagine the crowd rushing onto the stage and murdering the presenter.
Would probably be difficult to make into a meme though

Phu

Banned
So this means we should be expecting a Bash Kangaroo Kickstarter from ex-Naughty Dog folk within the next year or two, right?

Isnt skylands there most successful brand?
More people will probmably care about crash than ever before.

Or are we lying to ourselves today

The dark gritty realistic looking Crash game by Naughty Dog set in The Last of Us universe would sell more obviously.

People love Skylanders. Do you know how many parents play with their children and bond over the joys of whatever this game has to offer?

No seriously, I really don't know. Do you fight each other or something, smash bros style?

Top Bottom