• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

Byvar

Hahahahahahahahaha, so good.

Well, it would make sense in a way since Crash and Spyro have had crossover games before, so why not ruin both of their designs in the same game? And it would be profitable for Activision.
But it would be even more profitable if this came out together with an actual new Crash title. Which I'm sure it will.

Sony didn't want to pay Activisions price for crash to appear X not even buy the rights lol
$$$$$$$$$$$$

You guys should have known this , activision is a business and Sony is selling a ton of PS4's so the price wasn't going to be cheap

I'm also sad it got leaked, I love meltdowns

The Flash

Banned
pleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleasebereal

From a personal experience, it's the first game I played with my son. The games are really well made diablo-lite style experiences (more akin to Lego games), extremely polished and perfectly suited for Crash to make an appearance and introduce him to a new generation.

No idea why GAF is losing it's s**t over this. Expect them all queuing up to buy the figure when it's released solo.

The solo figure is going to sell out immediately I bet. It's a sound move for Sony imho.

tumblr_lsrgh1lFqn1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

LOL. Like I said before, I'm not at all convinced that Sony has reacquired the Crash IP, or that a new Sony developed game is coming. But if I'm wrong, a GAFer has already given me an avatar to use.

Richie

Crash n' Burn edition.

The meltdowns would be something else, but considering the moves Sony has pulled this gen, how self aware they've been, does anyone really think they'd be THIS tone deaf? And I say this as someone who only plays Nintendo, so I have no horse in this race. Nah, if this is real, I'm suspecting it's -in addition- to something more in line with fans' expectations.

Yawnier

Banned
Honestly, the fact that this would be a PS4 exclusive and he'd be considered a guest character kind of makes me believe there's a fair chance this could tie in to a bigger Crash reveal thing Sony has planned.

Maybe I'm too optimistic. Whatever happens, the reactions will be entertaining.

I hope you're right.

Podge293

Oh you know how it'll go. This will come out first. People will be raging.

At the end, "one last thing, exclusive to PS4, Crash bandicoot returns as an all new platformer, releasing October 25 2016"

Armigr

I'm a little shocked to see people in this thread wanting this to be real just so they can watch other people be disappointed.

That's a brand of sociopathy I would expect to see on GameFaqs or 4chan, not here. :\

Seems like the only way you could really bring crash back. The old gameplay is really dated and stale, but any attempt at changing it would lead to backlash from fans...

But this is just part of the deal Activision made with Sony when they sold the rights to them, right? A "Let's include a Crash Skylander to build off the popularity off his brand spanking new game" kind of deal, right? RIGHT?!

Caronte

I'm a little shocked to see people in this thread wanting this to be real just so they can watch other people be disappointed.

That's a brand of sociopathy I would expect to see on GameFaqs or 4chan, not here. :\

Gaf meltdowns are the best.

SNURB

Crash Edition is PS4 exclusive. this could means:

1-Exclusive content deal just like lot of other games
2-Crash game in the works for PS4 and this could be the equivalent to this.
attachment.php

This is probably the most likely outcome.

I like how people are already jumping to conclusions.

jmaine_ph

Activision and Sony been making deals all this gen. They could figure something out for Crash and the fact that this would be exclusive means they made some type of deal. Sony wouldn't do fans like this...would they?

random25

Why is it a bad thing? Maybe they'll use Crash in Skylanders to gauge interest. If the rumor is true and Crash fans bought the new Skylanders to make it bigger than it is right now, maybe we'll see an actual new mainline Crash Bandicoot game.

Or maybe we'll see another Skylanders featuring Crash again lol.

SOR5

pleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleasebereal

image.php

Be careful now! Not the only botched revival on the cards

RK128

Honestly, the fact that this would be a PS4 exclusive and he'd be considered a guest character kind of makes me believe there's a fair chance this could tie in to a bigger Crash reveal thing Sony has planned.

Maybe I'm too optimistic. Whatever happens, the reactions will be entertaining.

Completely agree with this statement; something else has to be happening for Crash if he is PS Exclusive for Skylanders. I mean, Sony wouldn't want people to loath them after having so much success thus far and Crash only being in Skylanders as PS Exclusive is just really dumb.

He could be the 'big' character for this year's Skylanders on PS & Microsoft platforms (with Nintendo getting more 'exclusive' characters like Mario or something).

But if Crash is PS-Only for Skylanders if this rumor is true......it means more then we are being lead on. Whenever this is tied to the PS All Stars Rumor or a new game like many of us want, SOMETHING is happening with Crash this year.

daveo42

Banned
You know what, I actually hope that we also get a stand-alone game, published by Activision and made by some team that has yet to make even a decent game. Just for the tears. Just. For. The. Tears.

TheHater

Activision and Sony been making deals all this gen. They could figure something out for Crash and the fact that this would be exclusive means they made some type of deal. Sony wouldn't do fans like this...would they?
Anything is possible. PSX 2014 is fresh in our mind

Scotia

Banned

It's pretty petty

Top Bottom