• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I think I rather play 13....or at least 13-2 before I touch 8 again.

Ha ha, same. I get why people like it, but VIII just never clicked for me.

13 and 13-2 are incoherent and often irritating. But they've got a much smoother play groove once you get into it.

Still, no need to turn on each other in this, our hour of darkness!

Nags

Banned
Are you guys trying to get the thread locked?

Here I'll help steer the course of the discussion properly:

Which one had better waifus and husbandos VIII or XIII?

RPGCrazied

I guess they are waiting for Monday eh? Get a few more pre sales in for the people thinking its still coming out in September. lol

Ray Down

Banned
Ha ha, same. I get why people like it, but VIII just never clicked for me.

13 and 13-2 are incoherent and often irritating. But they've got a much smoother play groove once you get into it.

Still, no need to turn on each other in this, our hour of darkness!

13-2 is also shorter, which is a major plus.

Nerokis

I ask the same question when people say they think FF8 the best.

No, that one is serious. Hard for me to choose a favorite FF game, but VIII is up there.

Didn't see this thread turning into a discussion about how XIII is better than VIII. What a ride this has been.

Ray Down

Banned
I hate you too
You know you love me

tumblr_n65oqtGwTx1smhpkeo2_400.png

Sure man.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Are we doing this here now too? If so, let's just please be civil toward one-another. <3

Favorite Game Ever Tier
VII

Top 10 Games Tier
T> X > IX

Good Games Tier
V = VI > VIII = XII

I Kinda Like These Games Tier
IV > I > III

I Don't Like These Games Tier
XIII > II.

Interesting question will be where XV ends up standing in all that.
I'm expecting it to be in the 'Legendary' to 'Very Good' tier for me. It all depends on the storytelling for me, specifically the events and pacing.

There is no way XV will beat XIII or X for me battle system wise. But it could definitely up them in every other department.

Twookie

this thread confuses me

also i guess i'll just have to cancel my preorder for the physical deluxe edition now that the game is delayed
i'll settle for digital even though i kinda want the physical version i think

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm expecting it to be in the 'Legendary' to 'Very Good' tier for me. It all depends on the storytelling, specifically the events and pacing.

Same here. Well I don't know if I'd say it all depends on that for me -- atmosphere and soundtrack are big too -- but the events and pacing are far and away the #1 thing with me for most games I play, especially stuff like Final Fantasy.

My biggest problem with XIII is one I don't see expressed very often. When you get right down to it, there really aren't all that many actual events. Plot twists and turns are sparse for long stretches, filling cutscenes with introspective character musing far more frequently. Some of that stuff is good in a game that's trying to sell players on its cast, sure, but XIII needed a lot more to actually happen, IMO.

I'm not overly confident that XV's pacing will be great; it's my main concern. I've yet to play an open world game that's delivered half as many great narrative beats to me as more linear entries within the same series. But if it can overcome that -- or indeed, if it can at least have somewhat more than XIII - I'll be really happy.

I hope they give us some kind of compensation for the delay, like a demo. I wouldn't mind a coliseum battle against Stella where you can fight her, when she's defeated and lying on the ground, Nomura comes with the Masamune sword to cut her in 3 pieces, you also fight him in a cool epic battle sequence and at the climax of the battle the screen fades to black with the words " this fight has been removed, Tabata will take over, see you in 2017. "

What the hell did I even read?

Voror

I'm expecting it to be in the 'Legendary' to 'Very Good' tier for me. It all depends on the storytelling for me, specifically the events and pacing.

There is no way XV will beat XIII or X for me battle system wise. But it could definitely up them in every other department.

Never got around to playing Xiii though I did often hear that the battle system was pretty good once you could actually use it all.

I am concerned about the battle system for XV as well as curious what an endgame Noctis will look like.

It sort of makes me wonder if this delay is solely fixing up the engine troubles or if they're still tuning the battle system.

Rootbeer

Banned
With both Dragon Quest VII and now FFXV delayed from Sept, I'm just wondering what I'll be playing now. Really clears out my schedule.

Same here. Well I don't know if I'd say it all depends on that for me -- atmosphere and soundtrack are big too -- but the events and pacing are far and away the #1 thing with me for most games I play, especially stuff like Final Fantasy.

My biggest problem with XIII is one I don't see expressed very often. When you get right down to it, there really aren't all that many actual events. Plot twists and turns are sparse for long stretches, filling cutscenes with introspective character musing far more frequently. Some of that stuff is good in a game that's trying to sell players on its cast, sure, but XIII needed a lot more to actually happen, IMO.

I'm not overly confident that XV's pacing will be great; it's my main concern. I've yet to play an open world game that's delivered half as many great narrative beats to me as more linear entries within the same series. But if it can overcome that -- or indeed, if it can at least have somewhat more than XIII - I'll be really happy.
Exactly you pretty much summed up feelings! Especially in regards to XIII's events.

I love the FF games which had really good stories/events that were compelling take place throughout the game. There was like a meta story but then mini tales which were all great! (VI especially did this well). And having compelling mini events woven into the main narrative only aids pacing.

XII was another one severely lacking in events and pacing for me, great in other ways of course!

Yup music is definitely vital too! I'm just assuming that will be there though based on what we've heard! My only concern right now is if shimomura will deliver on the mellow, restrained emotional tracks and the atmospheric melodic tracks. Everything sounds far too 'epic' atm! But everything revealed music wise has been for trailers so it would

kennyamr

for me:

IX>VI>VII>VIII>XII>XIII>X

(I haven't played I-IV-T yet, working on FFV)

(I include all the games related to the main story in the roman numeral above)

#sept30team

What are your realistic expectations if we get to play FFXV on the NEO?

1080P 60 FPS?
4K 30FPS
1080P locked 30 FPS
900p 60 FPS
1080P / dynamic 900p 60 FPS.

Or unstable 30FPS better texture versions than regular PS4?

Richardbro

Neo Member
FF8 shares a special circle in hell with FF13.

8 could have been one of the best in the series if not for its battle system.

*Enter boss battle*
*use summon*
*watch 2 minute summon you can't skip*
*boss dead after 1 summon*

Spammable overpowered summons just ruined the game.

I still love the game though. The setting and music were unreal.

OT: I really hope this game is good. I have not been impressed by what I have played and seen, and I'm not digging the characters.

Ishida

Banned

1080P 60 FPS?
4K 30FPS
1080P locked 30 FPS
900p 60 FPS

1080p
30fps locked.
Better anti-aliasing.
Better SFX.
Probably better lighting settings.

Blizzje

1080p is mandatory on neo, so no resolutions below that are possible.

I think a 1600-1800p with unlocked 30fps is possible. But they may lock it to 1440 or 1080p and be done with it.

1080P 60 FPS?
4K 30FPS
1080P locked 30 FPS
900p 60 FPS

BEST LOOKING GAME EVER.

I am not joking. If Neo has 4.2 Tflops, it should be able to render the current FFXV game at high visual fidelity with ease. I just want locked 1080p/30 fps with improved IQ and graphics

chozen

I don't know the NEO Specs but 1080p 30fps AA higher Textures would be fine.

Not sure if you guys knew this but a graphics programmer said they turned off Global illumination because the consoles couldn't handle it.

wmlk

Don't expect a groundbreaking Neo version. Their current PC dev environment has been downgraded and adjusted to fit console specs. Like Tabata said, they're going to look into making a much better PC release after the initial release on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom