• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

It seems the Japanese fan base is going nuts as well at the rumor. Can anyone get a feel of how they are reacting?

Also, why are people talking about a NEO bundle? Is the still-unannounced system really expected to launch at the end of November?

Ran rp

Patients does not exist.

Pretty sure some people here could be committed

ezgif-283906550xlu19.gif

chozen

We live in a instant gratification Era these days. Patients does not exist.

Half of my life patience. Oh I can wait a little more, I'm just saying it's pretty ridiculous. To the point my friends think I'm nuts for following something this long.

Hyping it up since grade school.

artsi

I just want this game to be out of the way already so SE can focus on finishing up Dragon Quest XI.

Tabata's team is not working on it, they're not really related at all.
SE is a massive company that can work on many projects concurrently.

TheTux

Comparing VIII with XIII? Madness

Indeed... VIII is trash compared to XIII. Sadly this is not a VIII vs XIII thread though.

Back to the topic... should we realistically expect an announced tomorrow or should we just wait for Gamescom (which seems more reasonable if they have some kind of plan and they're sticking to it).

Ran rp

Half of my life patience. Oh I can wait a little more, I'm just saying it's pretty ridiculous. To the point my friends think I'm nuts for following something this long.

Hyping it up since grade school.

Wow. I really have been waiting half of my life for this thing to come out.

Mailbox

PSY・S;213627105 said:

Now that I think about it... it has been just under half my life...
I was at the end of elementary school when this thing was announced ._.
I'm in university now...

Jesus.

Despera

Banned
PSY・S;213627105 said:
My friend who's a bigger FF fan than I has an 8 year old kid now. He doesn't play games as much anymore naturally, but he plans to play this one in particular with his daughter.

Stuff like this put things into perspective.

Arkeband

Banned
Best combat lmao. I can't

The only good thing about FF8's combat was responsive critical hits.

Fishing for limit breaks by tabbing through party members and needing to be at low health, monsters leveling WITH you, and the immediate brokenness of the draw system keep it from being the best of pretty much anything.

Voror

If they end up doing a bundle now with that release, I'm curious if it will be a special version or just the regular one, though if the former I hope it's better looking than that Xbox One I remember seeing pictures of.

But yeah, 1080/solid 30 sounds good to me. Though now I'm really curious how much the Neo is going to be, though hopefully we'll have that answer at that event in a few weeks along with a release date.

Same here. Well I don't know if I'd say it all depends on that for me -- atmosphere and soundtrack are big too -- but the events and pacing are far and away the #1 thing with me for most games I play, especially stuff like Final Fantasy.

My biggest problem with XIII is one I don't see expressed very often. When you get right down to it, there really aren't all that many actual events. Plot twists and turns are sparse for long stretches, filling cutscenes with introspective character musing far more frequently. Some of that stuff is good in a game that's trying to sell players on its cast, sure, but XIII needed a lot more to actually happen, IMO.

I'm not overly confident that XV's pacing will be great; it's my main concern. I've yet to play an open world game that's delivered half as many great narrative beats to me as more linear entries within the same series. But if it can overcome that -- or indeed, if it can at least have somewhat more than XIII - I'll be really happy.

Yes, 100% agree. Words of truth. When I think Final Fantasy I think of both epic and personal moments occurring to characters I've grown to care about.

But that's honestly my biggest problem with XII too, though it's still far less blinkered than XIII.

Also, I may just be projecting my own desires, but I feel Tabata has said multiple things over the last few years that suggest he's at least interested in delivering an event-heavy, well paced journey (VI being his favorite, progression being story gated, the emphasis on character development...).

Bsigg12

What are your realistic expectations if we get to play FFXV on the NEO?

1080P 60 FPS?
4K 30FPS
1080P locked 30 FPS
900p 60 FPS
1080P / dynamic 900p 60 FPS.

Or unstable 30FPS better texture versions than regular PS4?

1080p locked 30fps with maybe some additional AA boosts. For the first wave of Neo ready games, things late September through December, I don't expect much beyond performance enhancements like locking games at 30/60 at 1080p depending on the game. I think February will be when we start seeing the devs that actually take advantage of it, especially with Horizon coming out.

Ceravic

Got it approved to delay my time off from work if the delay is true. Bring it on, Tabata. As long as we get a better game out of it, you do you, buddy.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Yes, 100% agree. Words of truth. When I think Final Fantasy I think of both epic and personal moments occurring to characters I've grown to care about.

But that's honestly my biggest problem with XII too, though it's still far less blinkered than XIII.

Also, I may just be projecting my own desires, but I feel Tabata has said multiple things over the last few years that suggest he's at least interested in delivering an event-heavy, well paced journey (VI being his favorite, progression being story gated, the emphasis on character development...).

Aye, it's definitely my biggest issue with XII. If the ratio of story events to sprawling gameplay section from the first quarter of the game (and much of the last tenth or so, too, I guess?) held firm all throughout the adventure, it'd be one of my absolute favorites. The script and voice performance are so top-notch relative to X (big dub issues; some script issues) and XIII (dub is OK; script is... not).

You're right about Tabata -- I do have some degree of hope that FFXV has a good amount of this stuff. I'm worried in the sense that the development must be pretty difficult (not necessarily that it's in really rough shape, just, it's obviously a huge undertaking full of visionary shifts) so it might be another XII in which there are cutscene ideas that have to get axed left and right. But even then, I'd be content with a XII level of plot turns if we at least don't have another XIII on our hands, haha.

HeelPower

I dont understand why this is so controversial.

If SE launches this game in a broken state it will have no future.

No matter how good the game underdeath the technical mess could be,the game will get slaughtered by critics and fans alike if its broken.

Just look at AC unity and how it tanked a multi-billion franchise.

You're going to be disappointed there's no time for that.

When i say IQ, i just mean full 1080p (which is mandatory for Neo ports) and utilizing AA on every frame, rather than every few frames.

No matter how good the game underdeath the technical mess could be,the game will get slaughtered by critics and fans alike if its broken.

Its pretty obvious from the DLC thread that some Final Fantasy fans do not treat this franchise like any other. They were angry that Square Enix had the audacity to try and sell DLC in a AAA video game in 2016.

I too hope there's a lot of good story here. I loved XII and while these points being made are valid, it had just enough story/cutscenes to satisfy me. It also helped that by FF standards they were well written and voice acted, which for me sorta alleviates some other issues.

Squire

Banned

Ehh, the only thing Unity tanked was itself. No need to pretend Syndicate didn't sell just fine the following year. Ubi had to learn that lesson though.

People are extra critical with anything that happens with this game because it's been 10 years, this effectively ruins the big release date reveal from this years Uncovered event, and FF Fans are fucking nuts.

This delay is in no way a bad thing for sure.

I just went to my local Gamestop and the manager told me that this delay is definite. They have the marketing for it already and they were at a meeting where the regional director told them about the situation.

Square Enix has to announce something soon regarding this delay.

Ehh, the only thing Unity tanked was itself. No need to pretend Syndicate didn't sell just fine the following year. Ubi had to learn that lesson though.

Syndicate did tank compared to previous games. Unity was really boosted by bundled with Xbox One that holiday season. Ubisoft didn't take a year off just for creative reasons. The money stopped flowing in and they needed a change.

I just went to my local Gamestop and the manager told me that this delay is definite. They have the marketing for it already and they were at a meeting where the regional director told them about the situation.

Square Enix has to announce something soon regarding this delay.

Good. Delay it to Spring 2017 if need be. I don't want this game dragged down by technical problems.

People are extra critical with anything that happens with this game because it's been 10 years, this effectively ruins the big release date reveal from this years Uncovered event, and FF Fans are fucking nuts.

This delay is in no way a bad thing for sure.

I'd say a negative is that it comes out after all the AAA juggernauts and after BF/Cyber Monday in the US. Just looking at it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom