• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizons 3 coming to Windows 10

ekim

they could, but that's a good way to turn into GFWL 2.0

it's already been shown that PC players aren't going to pay for multiplayer. MS would be stupid to try that again.

For sure. They would have to bring the pretty good reasons. Maybe allow for dedicated servers on Azure only when paying. If you're not paying you get P2P connections. But I agree it would be stupid to try this again.

jaypah

Some people only buy consoles for their exclusives and play everything else on PC. For those, consoles completely lose their appeal as soon as the same games become available on PC.

That number can't be super high though, right? I don't know...just seems like people are trying to create a sky is falling mentality to something that is A) good for PC gamers and B) not a big deal to the console market.

c0de

If true, I'll probably sell my Xbox One and finally invest in a better PC. Halo alone is not enough reason for me to keep it, especially when the racing wheel I use (G29) is only compatible with PC and PS4.

Would this make you a pc gamer with only buying exclusives on ps4?

i couldnt care less, Xbox as become irrelevant since Xbox One reveal. Brand has no future and now without exclusives? Oh boy Ps4 will dominate even more.

PC + Ps4 seems to be what is driving gaming right now, lets see how NX Fares.

Insightful analysis, as always.

That number can't be super high though, right? I don't know...just seems like people are trying to create a sky is falling mentality to something that is A) good for PC gamers and B) not a big deal to the console market.

If most exclusives' sales numbers on PS4/Xbone are any indicator, no, it isn't that high of a number.

The vast majority of people buy consoles to play multiplats. People acting like the Xbone is just going to die because some of their exclusives are coming to PC are living in a fantasy world.

For sure. They would have to bring the pretty good reasons. Maybe allow for dedicated servers on Azure only when paying. If you're not paying you get P2P connections. But I agree it would be stupid to try this again.

They shouldn't do that either.

Kezen

Banned
at the event on the 25th, I want MS to make some kind of definitive statement about MS published games on PC. I don't want 'will they, won't they' with every upcoming game. I want something like

"from now on, we will release all MS published Xbox one games day and date on PC. We would like to bring previously released Xbox One games to PC and here are the ones we plan to bring over"

That would be so freaking cool but let's be realistic there. I don't expect announcements, just talk about features and stuff.

Oxn

Everyone on earth owns a capable gaming PC. This guy has it figured out. LOL

People crack me up.

You can build a computer for not much more than an Xbone and still be more powerful, and still function like a PC.

Get a 750 Ti, an i3, 8gb ram and you are set.

Bgamer90

Banned
No they wont lose, Uncharted 4 alone will sell more than all those MS exclusives on Pc and Xbox Combined so not happening.

You've come from the future! Nice. Will there be a new NBA Street? Really craving one on current gen.

They are getting games into Pc because poor sales of the Xbox platform on both HW and SW.

FYI: This was the plan before the Xbox One even launched.

Lets look at Halo 5, it did bad according to other Halos, so a Pc version seems likely to push sales a little more.

Yes, though you do also know that Halo 5 still did better than any other 2015 exclusive right?

Sony will not put their games into Pc, Consoles need exclusives, it is a selling point. And no they will not lose, PlayStation is so huge it doesnt matter.

So, the PS4 isn't selling due to it being the most powerful console then right? Console multiplats are available on PC and look better on PC so...

Oh wait, the majority of console gamers only care about console gaming! Hence why the PS4 being the most powerful console IS a reason why it's selling. With this being the case, wouldn't the majority of console gamers still view games that are on one gaming console and PC as "true exclusives" due to them not caring about PC?

I mean MS never cared about PC Gaming, they completely ignored it for years because Xbox 360 was doing so well they didnt even bothered and suddenly they change their strategy so fast? And when did they changed? Yeah when Xbox starts doing terribly bad, sells worse than Ps4 everywhere and it is mainly ignored by Media.

Again, they planned this before the Xbox One even launched. Seems like you are too locked in to "console wars" though so I'm probably wasting my time replying (haha).

jaypah

Would this make you a pc gamer with only buying exclusives on ps4?

I don't see why it wouldn't just make you a PC+PS4 gamer. Even if you only play the exclusives you're still a PS4 player. I only play DRIVECLUB on my PS4 and never play any multiplats on it unless I'm renting it to see if I want to buy the PC version but I still consider myself a PS4 user.

I understand the people feeling bitter about their XOne purchase, but perhaps theb it was a bad purchase in the first place?

Let's imagine the next generation: Xbox and Win10 has an identical games catalogue. If you prefer the couch and paying less for the box, grab and XOne. If not, get a rig. Most if not all are cross-buy/crossplay.

How is that not great for everyone? I understand it sucks if you would have went PC over Xbox if not for the exclusives, but it's a minor negative compared to games selling more.

Kezen

Banned
You've come from the future! Nice. Will there be a new NBA Street? Really craving one on current gen.

FYI: This was the plan before the Xbox One even launched.

Yes, though you do also know that Halo 5 still did better than any other 2015 exclusive right?

So, the PS4 isn't selling due to it being the most powerful console then right? Console multiplats are available on PC and look better on PC so...

Oh wait, the majority of console gamers only care about console gaming! Hence why the PS4 being the most powerful console IS a reason why it's selling. With this being the case, wouldn't the majority of console gamers still view games that are on one gaming console and PC as "true exclusives" due to them not caring about PC?

Again, they planned this before the Xbox One even launched. Seems like you are too locked in to "console wars" though so I'm probably wasting my time replying (haha).

Don't bother, he clearly has an anti Microsoft agenda.

You can build a computer for not much more than an Xbone and still be more powerful, and still function like a PC.

Nope, the 750ti only has 2gb of VRAM and abysmal bandwidth. Its time has finally come.

timlot

Banned
If crossbuy is going to be a platform feature according to Phil Spencer, why wouldn't most people just buy the XB1 version of a game and get the PC version free? Even if I didn't have an XB1 I would do that just to have both versions. XB1 will probably be $249 (or $199 with store deals) this holiday. That puts in 64Gb Apple Tv and Roku4 settop box territory. I know folks here mainly focus on the game side of the XB1, but it also is a very nice livingroom streaming device. We will see things play out, but I believe MS has done the calculation that this can only be positive in the long run. I could even see it spurring sell of gaming PCs since a catalog of AAA titles are coming.

Xbudz

I wonder if MS is ready to make a huge step here and offer Online Play for free on XBox and PC and change the Gold service to an EA Access type model for free games and renting stuff for cheap.

Could be a gamechanger and would put Sony in a weird position.

I could see this happening. That would be great.

shandy706

Well duh. My i7/980 Ti works fine too.

Your average gamer/person does not know this..they also don't care...at all. Gaf is where enthusiast go...we do not represent the majority. In any way..not even close, if one thinks so, they're delusional.

i mean i own a day one edition Xbox One (brought it for Killer Instinct) but all these PC ports really tempt me to sell.

That's fine, see the above. Build yourself a gaming PC like many of us here have. If you don't have, or don't plan to have a gaming PC...then your comment makes ZERO sense.

If you're saying "Other platforms get to play my game, I'm out!"...well, IDK what to say to that. Haha

LostDonkey

If this is true why even own an xbox

I have one 'cause it's easier than lugging my PC round to a friends house. Plus splitscreen Co op isn't really a thing on many PC games.

If saves and progress are synced between the two platforms that would be perfect for me.

c0de

I don't see why it wouldn't just make you a PC+PS4 gamer. Even if you only play the exclusives you're still a PS4 player. I only play DRIVECLUB on my PS4 and never play any multiplats on it unless I'm renting it to see if I want to buy the PC version but I still consider myself a PS4 user.

Well, of course. But it makes any console a “exclusive only“ gaming machine, just like you described. This isn't meant in a “bad way“.

, Consoles need exclusives, it is a selling point.

You're right but the games will still be exclusive a to 'console'. PS4 Street Fighter V isn't going to lose out because its also out on the PC.

Funny how people seem to forget that Tomb Raider II III, IV was meant to be exclusives to SONY. Don't remember SONY PS owners getting rid of their PS because Tomb Raider III, Resident Evil 2, G Police, Final Fantasy 7, F1, Colin McRae and the like were also out on the PC with 3DFX support and so had better screen res and graphics than the PS.

Bgamer90

Banned

Most console gamers don't want to do this though. Hence why PS4 and Xbox One sales are largely being supported by titles that are on PC.

It's not just about cost. It's about convienece, as well as simply what people are familiar with -- in this case, the plug in, pop in, and play nature of consoles as well as these brands (Nintendo, Xbox, and PlayStation) being unanimous with gaming for 15-30 years.

jelly

I wonder if MS is ready to make a huge step here and offer Online Play for free on XBox and PC and change the Gold service to an EA Access type model for free games and renting stuff for cheap.

I think they might and it would put Sony in a weird position. You could say it didn't matter last gen but it's quite the sweetener considering Xbox Live rather than PSN of the PS3 era.

Yeah, they really need to get in front of this. I mean with actual fixes, not words.
I think they are way too sluggish to be able to react so deftly. Imagine how many meetings it takes to change any aspect of any DRM policy in fucking Microsoft, ugh. The visions give you nightmares.

LostDonkey

You're right but the games will still be exclusive a to 'console'. PS4 Street Fighter V isn't going to lose out because its also out on the PC.

Funny how people seem to forget that Tomb Raider II III, IV was meant to be exclusives to SONY. Don't remember SONY PS owners getting rid of their PS because Tomb Raider III, Resident Evil 2, G Police, Final Fantasy 7, F1, Colin McRae and the like were also out on the PC with 3DFX support and so had better screen res and graphics than the PS.

Haha ikr, funny how times change.

m23

That would be something.

If this is true why even own an xbox

Owning a console is a less expensive and simpler process. You buy the console, you put in games, you play. PCs are not too difficult these days but it's still not as simple as a console. With a console you don't really have to worry about maintenance, upgrades, drivers, problem solving issues, and so on. Your game is (mostly) guaranteed to work after you put it in.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think they might and it would put Sony in a weird position. You could say it didn't matter last gen but it's quite the sweetener considering Xbox Live rather than PSN of the PS3 era.

why? Sony started off with free online - they only moved to a paid model because MS showed you can get away with it on console and they would have been foolish to leave that money on the table. It'd be painful, but they could revert to free online if they wanted too I think.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I have one 'cause it's easier than lugging my PC round to a friends house. Plus splitscreen Co op isn't really a thing on many PC games.

If saves and progress are synced between the two platforms that would be perfect for me.

You make it sound like the X1 is some dainty little travel size box. lol

Nzyme32

Cool for the people that want to get it on PC and don't mind UWA, assuming the rumour is accurate. I'm guessing it is, and these things get announced at the MS / Xbox event.

Theorry

Now i am hyped and i want it to happen lol.
Gladly change my 35 bucks a year to that.

garyizraw

Banned
Owning a console is a less expensive and simpler process. You buy the console, you put in games, you play. PCs are not too difficult these days but it's still not as simple as a console. With a console you don't really have to worry about maintenance, upgrades, drivers, problem solving issues, and so on. Your game is (mostly) guaranteed to work after you put it in.

Yeah your right, I've gotten used to the PC lifestyle so it doesn't bother me as much as it would people who aren't used to it

ekim

To put it simple again: with the prices for Xbox One bundles I don't see MS making any real money from selling the HW. So the only outcome this could have is them selling more copies of games which makes them actual money. Some people here are really stuck in a competitive "NPD sold HW numbers" mindset. People don't go into stores and say: "well. The game is also available on PC so I won't buy an Xbox One... It's not exclusive enough" that would be dumb. And if those people have a gaming rig they will just buy it there. Nothing is lost for MS here. They just have to make MP gaming free on X1 and PC and offer the rest of the Xbox Live sub perks to PC players as well. (Discounts and GWG)

Oxn

Most console gamers don't want to do this though. Hence why PS4 and Xbox One sales are largely being supported by titles that are on PC.

It's not just about cost. It's about convienece, as well as simply what people are familiar with -- in this case, the plug in, pop in, and play nature of consoles as well as these brands (Nintendo, Xbox, and PlayStation) being unanimous with gaming for 15-30 years.

Sure, but this move wont increase xbone sales.

jaypah

I don't think anyone said it was.

We are in a different thread then, lol. I'm seeing everything from "then why buy an Xbox" to "so I guess MS are done with consoles". I only quoted you because what you outlined is presumably the reason that people think it's "game over, man!".

I think they are way too sluggish to be able to react so deftly. Imagine how many meetings it takes to change any aspect of any DRM policy in fucking Microsoft, ugh. The visions give you nightmares.

Ha, yeah I don't envy that one guy there who really wants to get it done.

Peterpan

Console sales aren't where the big profits come in, if I'm correct. People feel free to correct me, but the point of the console is to get you into their Eco-system so they can sell you stuff. 'If' so why didn't Microsoft do this a long time ago?

jelly

why? Sony started off with free online - they only moved to a paid model because MS showed you can get away with it on console and they would have been foolish to leave that money on the table. It'd be painful, but they could revert to free online if they wanted too I think.

Possibly but that extra money is probably way more important to Sony in comparison to Microsoft.

Exclusives do very very very little to sell consoles outside of a small group of major heavy hitters. Putting Forza, Quantum Break, etc. on PC will have next to no measurable impact on hardware sales and will instead introduce a whole new group of consumers to their products. This is nothing but a win for them

trixx

Everyone on earth owns a capable gaming PC. This guy has it figured out. LOL

People crack me up.

? It wouldn't cost much to build a pc that is capable, and considering the other costs associated it would probably be a cheaper route in the long run

Top Bottom