• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

Neoxon

So...

dsm2fxih9dzgniuuh6tn.gif
Basically

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
There's a few too many of my more commonly used characters from 3 missing for me to justify a near launch purchase.

Ryu
Deadpool
Dante
Wolverine
Spider-man

2/5 not quite good enough.

Sheroking

Everybody seems to agree they don't like the roster, but nobody seems to agree on what characters SHOULD be there as a matter of course. I mean, if everybody was like "No Doctor Doom! Noooooo!" that'd be one thing, but I see tons of people asking for obscure ass shit.

Everybody seems to agree they don't like the roster, but nobody seems to agree on what characters SHOULD be there as a matter of course. I mean, if everybody was like "No Doctor Doom! Noooooo!" that'd be one thing, but I see tons of people asking for obscure ass shit.

I mean, Doom is iconic for MvC; I have no idea why he's not here.

No X-Men, no Black Panther, no Star-Lord, no F4 + Doom, no Black Widow, etc. Yeah...this is the first MvC I will skip. The X-men omission is just unbelievable.

FinKL

What reason do we have to believe this leak is any more legit than any of the other rumored leaked lists?
I believe it, the game is due out soon so a lot has to be recycled, and obviously there not gonna have a lot of time to implement new characters/animations/moves. At least this time it seems like they want to make the characters all viable (EX Thor)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Would the licensing fees for the Fox Marvel characters be a one off or per copy thing?

Could they not negotiate a per copy fee and sell them as DLC which covers the cost?

Neoxon

No X-Men, no Black Panther, no Star-Lord, no F4 + Doom, no Black Widow, etc. Yeah...this is the first MvC I will skip. The X-men omission is just unbelievable.
As mentioned before, there wasn't much that Capcom could do on that front. It was likely either DLC or none at all.

Bizazedo

That's my favorite subplot of the thread.

There is some fair griping, though. 4 females out of 28 is bad. Only colored person is Spencer, maybe, if it's 3's Spencer? Ms. Marvel bores the hell out of me, but she would have some checked some boxes at the least.

But, still, your point is correct as well.

If what Ryce heard was 100% true (although kinda weird they didn't mind Ryce leaking the entire roster when they could have just done it themselves at their pace/Lupinko was at least cryptic) then maybe we need to learn from the past and just wait for the Ultimate edition with twice the characters.

I have zero interest with as weak as this roster is.

Neoxon

Would the licensing fees for the Fox Marvel characters be a one off or per copy thing?

Could they not negotiate a per copy fee and sell them as DLC which covers the cost?
Supposedly they're DLC, & it's more of Marvel withholding those characters when they decided the launch roster.

mreddie

If what Ryce heard was 100% true (although kinda weird they didn't mind Ryce spoiling the entire roster when they could have just done it themselves at their pace/Lupinko was at least cryptic) then maybe we need to learn from the past and just wait for the Ultimate edition with twice the characters.

I have zero interest with as weak as this roster is.

Remember, they don't have to Ultimate this anymore, they can just do "Seasons" as Games as Service is the new hotness.

I wouldn't be surprised if they believed they needed to get the unorthodox characters on disc as the game will sell on name alone and make fan favorites DLC to promote more sales on that end.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Supposedly they're DLC, & it's more of Marvel withholding those characters when they decided the launch roster.

Personally I'm ok with them being DLC. Is it ideal? No. Is it a touch shady? Yeah. But given the licensing hell, I'm fine with that outcome.

Sheroking

Remember, they don't have to Ultimate this anymore, they can just do "Seasons" as Games as Service is the new hotness.

The "new hotness" is the better method for competitive games that need to steadily release content and patches in order to stay alive.

If you're a casual player, you might as well stick to Injustice anyway. MVC:I was never going to be for you.

RedBoot

There's no licensing issue with the Fox Marvel characters. Marvel can use any of them in video games. They simply don't want to because they don't have the film rights to them and as such profit more by plugging an Avenger, Guardian, etc.

If true, that's honestly disappointing just for the size alone since I thought vanilla MVC3 was already kinda small for a MvC game. No X-Men/FF characters until DLC is understandable since Marvel just let developers use them now but no more Phoenix, Joe, Ammy for Capcom's side? I mean I'm f'in happy that 2 of my mains, Firebrand and Spencer(no Akuma but I don't mind) are back and also Jedah and MH being in is pretty dope but no Asura, Gene, CapCom, Batsu(or Akira), Black Panther, B.Widow, Scarlet Witch, any Defender, etc is pretty damn lame. Also Venom as DLC sucks. I honestly hope they delay it till like February of next year just so they can add more characters/modes/polish since I really don't want it to be another SFV situation.

Neoxon

Personally I'm ok with them being DLC. Is it ideal? No. Is it a touch shady? Yeah. But given the licensing he'll, I'm fine with that outcome.
It's definitely better than nothing, I can agree there.

If true, that's honestly disappointing just for the size alone since I thought vanilla MVC3 was already kinda small for a MvC game. No X-Men/FF characters until DLC is understandable since Marvel just let developers use them now but no more Phoenix, Joe, Ammy for Capcom's side? I mean I'm f'in happy that 2 of my mains, Firebrand and Spencer(no Akuma but I don't mind) are back and also Jedah and MH being in is pretty dope but no Asura, Gene, CapCom, Batsu(or Akira), Black Panther, B.Widow, Scarlet Witch, any Defender, etc is pretty damn lame. Also Venom as DLC sucks. I honestly hope they delay it till like February of next year just so they can add more characters/modes/polish since I really don't want it to be another SFV situation.
Wanda's on the same boat as the Fox guys, sadly.

CD'S BAR

So many repeat characters must be on account of budget restraints...but good enough for me just wish venom were in the base roster.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
There's no licensing issue with the Fox Marvel characters. Marvel can use any of them in video games. They simply don't want to because they don't have the film rights to them and as such profit more by plugging an Avenger, Guardian, etc.

Uggghhh. Now that's shitty.

Neoxon

This, or at least that was the case. Marvel changed their ways back in late 2016, but it was likely too late for MvCI's launch roster & the 2017 Character Pass.

mreddie

The "new hotness" is the better method for competitive games that need to steadily release content and patches in order to stay alive.

If you're a casual player, you might as well stick to Injustice anyway. MVC:I was never going to be for you.

No, I still plan on getting Infinite but this base roster seems...so mediocre.

Supast4r

Doom is one of the greatest villains in marvel history. His omission is really bad no matter how marvel slices it.

NeonZ

Boo at the lack of Deadpool! Disney needs to get over this Fox BS and just give everyone what they want upon release. At least they got Dante in on the Capcom side. Still buying day one but really bummed out that something couldn't be worked out for the Fox characters before launch.

The problem isn't even Marvel Studios, it's Marvel Entertainment. Note that they don't even like featuring Wanda and Pietro in products just because Fox can use them again, in spite of Marvel Studios featuring both in Avengers 2 and keeping Wanda around afterwards.

Top Bottom