• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

Hoping the logo shares the Demon's Souls look, something like this:

O9RgDqE.png

you forgot the 's
everyone keeps forgetting it.
beast's souls
its the only acceptable title

peronmls

Wait, why do people think this is Demon Souls 2 or anything demon related??? Doesn't look like a demon souls games.

I actually just beat demon souls today and man does DkS2 and DeS have a lot of similarities. If anything dark souls 2 felt like it was going to be a demon souls 2.

Gattsu25

Banned
I think the name is going to be "Beast Mode Engaged: Pain Olympics" or "BME Pain Olympics" for short

I heard it from some banned GAF member's twitter account so it must be true.

The working title font is superb. Leave it be.

I think I would honestly prefer PB to resemble the Souls games in mechanics/atmosphere only and not in name/lore/etc.

For me, tacking on the Souls name kind of fatigues me and actually kills the hype a little. Something NEW new from From (ha) is just too tantalising.

Wait, why do people think this is Demon Souls 2 or anything demon related??? Doesn't look like a demon souls games.

I actually just beat demon souls today and man does DkS2 and DeS have a lot of similarities. If anything dark souls 2 felt like it was going to be a demon souls 2.

Well, it looks like a Souls game. Since it's another collab between From and Sony Japan one might assume it's a sequel or offshoot of Demon's Souls.

Megatron

I wonder what makes From Software to go back to Playstation platform only game. The Xbox accumulated about 30% profit from Dark Souls 2 so it does have a market.

Maybe with all the issue in Dark Soul 1 and 2 that they decided instead of going multi-platform, they are going to optimize it for one platform only

This game won't be on 360 though. And the xb1 doesn't have the audience.

By the way, this seems really obviously going to be Demon's souls 2. Why are people looking for other names for it?

Endo Punk

I truly am a beast. I take too much joy invading people and toying around when I know I have the upper hand :(

Next Gen PvP is going to be awesome.

My bad, I thought max was 150.... What is the max on pages by the way?

400 pages/20,000 posts is the limit for any one topic.

O9RgDqE.png

Honestly, I'd rather it got a non-Souls name. Obviously Demon's was there first, but I feel like Dark Souls has taken that mantle and deserves to have the name to itself now. No idea what to suggest as an alternative though!

My top three

1. Beast's Souls
  2. The Beast That Wears the Crown
  3. A Beast So Masterful

O9RgDqE.png

I loved Demon's Souls's logo. It looks haphazard and macabre, like it's being read in a creepy sing-song voice that's mocking your impending doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom