• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

How the hell do I get the Shrine Sphere in Impa's house?

Complete all the side quests related to the Journal of Various Worries in Impa's house. The quest should unlock after that. You might have to wait until the next day or night (and leave the area and come back, possibly).

Any tips on using the shrine sensor? Like its start beeping but doesn't really tell you what direction to go in. I had one beep and it was a he'll of a far ways away from where I was it.

It beeps louder when you're moving in the correct direction. Keyword "moving." It stops if you stand still.

Firebrand

Just beat it. Great game (doh), but... that was a rather underwhelming ending?

Does getting all the memories even affect the ending? I suppose it's getting them all that is the real reward, and I did enjoy that.

Twookie

Just beat it. Great game (doh), but... that was a rather underwhelming ending?

Does getting all the memories even affect the ending? I suppose it's getting them all that is the real reward, and I did enjoy that.
Getting all the memories gives the true ending

true ending = an extra cutscene after "the end" pops up.

xandaca

Anyone know if you can do anything with the bell at the top of Hyrule Tower? It looks positioned to drop down and smash into Ganon's incubator, but I can't get anything to make it budge. It seems as though it should do something.

Ah okay, the one about her not hearing the sword anyway? Damn, Deku Tree promised she was going to tell us what the sword told her. :)

What ?

]No, she was going to say something for the deku tree to tell Link, because she thought she might die in the process of fighting Ganon. It wasn't anything to do with Fis words. We don't know what it was, but could have been anything from a apology to declaration of love to telling him he left the kettle on.

Firebrand

What ?

]No, she was going to say something for the deku tree to tell Link, because she thought she might die in the process of fighting Ganon. It wasn't anything to do with Fis words. We don't know what it was, but could have been anything from a apology to declaration of love to telling him he left the kettle on.
Ah okay, misremembered then. I assume Fi is the sword being from Skyward? Didn't play that.

Ah okay, misremembered then. I assume Fi is the sword being from Skyward? Didn't play that.

If you care about the story/timeline for Zelda games at all, Skyward Sword is basically a must play. It's canonically the start of everything, and does an amazing job of explaining
(retconning)
the creation of the Master Sword and the reincarnation cycle for Zelda/Link/Ganon.

Shame about the infuriating amount of padding in that game, though.

No
But you can buy the hard mode dlc for 19.99 later this year

Also included are a Cave of Trials, exclusive shirt and ores, a new story, and a new dungeon, and some kind of map upgrade we know nothing about.

Might not have been intentional but let's not act like you're paying $20 just for Hard Mode.

Just beat it, that's probably the most invested I've been in a Zelda story yet, mostly just for the development of Zelda's character. The Diary in the castle is an excellent touch.

I think also I'm alright considering this game to be some interestingly unified timeline of all three previously, as they clearly wanted to draw in elements from just about every other game in one way or another.

I'm sure this is has been said, but the Zelda diary that talks about Link and why he doesn't speak due to pressure felt more directed at us the player and how the devs feel making Zelda games.

I don't mind if they unified the timelines but there needs to be a game that either details it or takes place where it happened. If we get more Zelda games in the BotW era or after, and the timeline just says "Timeline Unification Takes Place" and that's it I'm gonna be pissed.

I'd accept a game that had it as backstory but I'd rather play three Links across the three timelines as they work together across dimensions to unify the timeline.

watershed

Banned
I finally got the Hylian Shield and randomly went back to Hateno to buy the knight armor. Gonna rock Hyrule as a medieval knight for a while.

Koko is the most heartbreaking character I have seen in a video game.

maybe it is because I lost my mom at a young age but damn finding her crying someplace alone made me really sad.

I am trying to find out which amiibo gives you the Twilight Bow which is a light arrow bow that breaks after 100 shots anyone know?

Let's see...which of the amiibo could possibly give you the Twilight Bow?

newcospagesample_zeldalightbowbig.jpg

4c7bd0931524dd7304d91f64b190c81b.png

fR7xJT8wet7O-z6UIcCM-VoeXVf2o3SO.png

Yeah, I'm drawing a blank here. Good luck figuring that one out! :p

man that shit has yet to drop for me and I got tired of doing the change the date trick.

I want to shot this monster so bad

Change the date? There's a MUCH faster way.

Manually save your game
Scan the amiibo
See if you got what you wanted
If not, reload the save
Repeat

It took me about 20 minutes of doing that to get the Twilight Bow. It's super fast, don't need to change system settings or any of that shit. Just pause, R button, load, confirm.

You don't have to change the date, just reload your save and keep trying.

Change the date? There's a MUCH faster way.

Manually save your game
Scan the amiibo
See if you got what you wanted
If not, reload the save
Repeat

It took me about 20 minutes of doing that to get the Twilight Bow. It's super fast, don't need to change system settings or any of that shit. Just pause, R button, load, confirm.

20 minutes is not super fast :(

I'll do it that way though makes more sense at least after I have collected all the armor sets from my amiibos

20 minutes is not super fast :(

I'll do it that way though makes more sense at least after I have collected all the armor sets from my amiibos

The process is faster. The amiibo is basically a 10-15 sided die and you are rolling hoping to get one side. Your way had you going into the system settings every time you rolled. The other way is just pausing and reloading your save. So yes 20 minutes isn't super fast but you're rolling that die way more times in that 20 minutes reloading saves than you are changing the system's date. Which means that you are gonna roll the side you want that much faster.

And, if you wanna talk about fast, it took me over an hour to get the Sword of Six Sages from Ganondorf's amiibo, and then from muscle memory of reloading for an hour I reloaded and erased it instead of saving. It took me another 30 minutes to get it again.

So. Yeah. The roll rate on the really special items is fucking crazy low. Might as well maximize how many times you roll for the duration you're trying, right?

The process is faster. The amiibo is basically a 10-15 sided die and you are rolling hoping to get one side. Your way had you going into the system settings every time you rolled. The other way is just pausing and reloading your save. So yes 20 minutes isn't super fast but you're rolling that die way more times in that 20 minutes reloading saves than you are changing the system's date. Which means that you are gonna roll the side you want that much faster.

And, if you wanna talk about fast, it took me over an hour to get the Sword of Six Sages from Ganondorf's amiibo, and then from muscle memory of reloading for an hour I reloaded and erased it instead of saving. It took me another 30 minutes to get it again.

So. Yeah. The roll rate on the really special items is fucking crazy low. Might as well maximize how many times you roll for the duration you're trying, right?

Let me put it this way, I tried to save and load method and I was rewatching Season 1 of Rick and Morthy and got all the way to episode 6 before I finally got the Twilight Bow

21 minutes each episode damn

emb

All those look like downgrades to me, except for Sidon. I mean, I like Mipha but Sidon's popularity on Twitter and other places of the internet is undeniable.
Sidon was great, though I did think Mipha was good too. Riju was cool. I was pretty indifferent to Teba, though I sorta liked Revali. Yunobo though? Wish there was a way I could have left him stuck in that cave. Him and his section were both annoying.

Ms.Galaxy

Maybe in the DLC. I want to believe!

Or maybe it'll be a Zelda/Link thing, eh.

If they're going to be in the DLC, I demand they give me the ability to court Sidon and kick that idiot "oh man, oh man, oh man" Goron into the pits of Death Mountain at the wedding ceremony.

(It's likely going to be a Zelda/Link thing considering the ending mentioned Ruta oddly stopped working.)

welp shit, I spent like 2 hours killing 40 Hinox oh make that 30 Hinox and 10 Stalnox you can only fight at certain times of night

even used a whole playlist on youtube as a guide... and went to see monster dude for my medal of Honor to find out I have 39 out of 40 Fuuuu FML

got to go to each one on the list all over again just to find one I have not fought yet

Ms.Galaxy

welp shit, I spent like 2 hours killing 40 Hinox oh make that 30 Hinox and 10 Stalnox you can only fight at certain times of night

even used a whole playlist on youtube as a guide... and went to see monster dude for my medal of Honor to find out I have 39 out of 40 Fuuuu FML

got to go to each one on the list all over again just to find one I have not fought yet

Should have marked them on your map after defeating them with the skull icons, man. :(

Jofamo

And this is why I've been marking every Hinox and Talus I've defeated with a skull stamp on my map.

Should have marked them on your map after defeating them with the skull icons, man. :(

And this is why I've been marking every Hinox and Talus I've defeated with a skull stamp on my map.

I did mark them. But my map started to be overloaded with them all. So even now there are just too many freaked marks to see which one I am missing :(

now deleting all the marks just to start over with a fresh map

then I have to unmark them to do Talus after I find my 40th Hinox

I swear watch I look at all 30 Hinox and what I am missing turns out to be a Stalnox

Let me put it this way, I tried to save and load method and I was rewatching Season 1 of Rick and Morthy and got all the way to episode 6 before I finally got the Twilight Bow

21 minutes each episode damn

I actually stopped believing the Sword of Sages was even in the game while I was trying to get it. I started googling for pictures to see if it was real, I found someone on reddit (I think) who said they'd been reloading for over four hours and hadn't gotten it, someone said they tried for 2 hours a day over multiple days trying to get it, etc.

If people scanned once a day as Nintendo intended it would take literally months and months to get all the special costumes and weapons. Scanned it 60 times in two hours? That's two months' worth of legit scans. Fuckin crazy how rare some of it is. I hope to god they don't change anything before the Majora and Skyward amiibo come out to make it so you really can only scan once per day, what a goddamn nightmare that would be.

I actually stopped believing the Sword of Sages was even in the game while I was trying to get it. I started googling for pictures to see if it was real, I found someone on reddit (I think) who said they'd been reloading for over four hours and hadn't gotten it, someone said they tried for 2 hours a day over multiple days trying to get it, etc.

If people scanned once a day as Nintendo intended it would take literally months and months to get all the special costumes and weapons. Scanned it 60 times in two hours? That's two months' worth of legit scans. Fuckin crazy how rare some of it is. I hope to god they don't change anything before the Majora and Skyward amiibo come out to make it so you really can only scan once per day, what a goddamn nightmare that would be.

Sword of Sages?
crap just looked it up on youtube took that dude 7 hours holy shit

dude not going to wait for them to patch the amiibo exploit (hopefully they don't do that)

I already ordered the NFC code for Majora and Skyward from eBay they are sold for the same price as an amiibo smh. I know. I know but, I really want to get 100% asap so I can focus on Xenoblade 2 this Holiday

edit: took a photo of the Twilight Bow, I noticed it does not go into the Compendium

which reminds me what the hell is this Classified Envelope about? Who is that suppose to be in there?

Ms.Galaxy

Hmmm yes, yes. I agree.

NO

Yunobo is a cinnamon roll that needs protection and care, he's doing his best D:

Oh alright, but he's not allowed to go anywhere near Link and Sidon's wedding cake until after it's been carved, I worry he might trip and ruin their special day.

Top Bottom