• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

wapplew

d5u31dA.jpg

Lol, I enjoy Aarons tweets if nothing but for the word play.

I hope that's mean no more delay.

Poor Aaron, guy has made some mistakes in the past, says they have a full line-up this year (given he knows whats unannounced too and we don't) and its all "PR" and mockery.

Its like some of you guys want a vine of him tossing their games in a dumpster or something

Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni 2, Ace Combat 7, Nier 2, SF V, GT sport, Detroit. Persona 5, dreams, The last Guardian, Ni-Oh. Even if 4-5 were delayed Sony would still have better line-up than MS.

Some of this titles are niche titles and not something that will sell millions. And which publisher has the best lineup is still a matter of taste for every person. Only game that interests me in that list is ratchet... really dont care about the rest. So for me the PS4 lineup looks boring and lackluster.

And yeah List Warzzz..

I figured. The game didn't look all that good at Gamescom. A little (lot) extra time would help immensely. In the mean time, Neir and that TMNT game are releasing next year so my Platinum fix will be satisfied.

Lemondish

Gears, Quantum Break, ReCore, Crackdown 3 multiplayer.

Thought I saw crackdown was 2017 and recore was delayed as well. My bad.

Still looks a bit thin. I'm guessing Gears will likely be next to see a delay if anything. I imagine they want to get that one right.

Zophar

5 bucks says Gears 4 slips too. 2016 always seemed like a pretty ambitious goal for a company that was suddenly dumped onto developing the property after being purchased.

joshcam19

Stop announcing games 3 years before release with a CGI trailer. If you can't show real gameplay then don't announce the game.

KooopaKid

Banned
Whats the second?

ReCore and Sea of Thieves

While I have no problem with delays, a lot of those early Xbox One announcements are looking extremely disingenuous, maybe not the right word but it's obvious a lot of these were done purely for positive buzz and list-wars, at this point.

- Quantum Break: announced in May 2013, releasing in April 2016 (nearly 3 years)
- Black Tusk's New IP: Teaser trailer in June 2013, put on indefinite hiatus (likely cancelled)
- Halo 5: Teaser trailer in June 2013, released November 2015 (about 2.5 years)
- Fable: Legends: announced in August 2013, only beta is announced for 2016 (likely going to be 3+ years by final release)
- Phantom Dust: announced in June 2014, put on indefinite hiatus (likely cancelled)
- Crackdown: announced in June 2014, only beta is announced for 2016 (likely 2.5-3 years by final release in 2017)
- Scalebound: announced in June 2014, releasing in 2017 (likely 2.5-3 years by release)

Jury is still out on Gears and Recore but I really am honestly expecting those in 2016.

Rembrandt

Banned
Thought I saw crackdown was 2017 and recore was delayed as well. My bad.

Still looks a bit thin. I'm guessing Gears will likely be next to see a delay if anything. I imagine they want to get that one right.

full game, yeah. multiplayer beta during the summer. they have a few indie games launching, too. plus if last year's E3 was any indication, it's possible for them to have a few unannounced titles that will make the fall.

ps3ud0

Bit selfish, but kinda glad - good chance a XO Slim turns up before the game so be nice timing

Have Platinum ever had decent development time on a game? Always felt like they are very efficient with the limited time/budget they get - Scalebound should be a marvel!

ps3ud0 8)

Shin-Ra

Poor Aaron, guy has made some mistakes in the past, says they have a full line-up this year (given he knows whats unannounced too and we don't) and its all "PR" and mockery.

Its like some of you guys want a vine of him tossing their games in a dumpster or something
That would be a guaranteed YouTube hit. 10M+ views.

Chris1

Scalebound was announced in 2014, gameplay wasn't showed until 2015. Probably announced a year too early at least.

To be fair ntkrnl leaked scalebound anyways there was no point keeping it a secret, the beans were already spilled may aswell get it out there officially quickly rather than spreading ntkrnl's leak over 2 E3's

Very full...of shit.

Only Quantum Break looks remotely interesting and new. The rest is more Gears, more Forza and 2 games we have seem nothing of and far from guaranteed to make 2016.

Greenberglightsanothercigar.gif

Which game are you most looking forward to on Xbox in 2016?

Unless Microsoft is planning a massive E3, I don't know how their 2016 lineup is "full".
I mean, I wouldn't say their lineup is full either (I consider full a nearly full year of releases) but one game getting delayed shouldn't mean the lineup suddenly has a gaping hole in it either.

E3 will obviously have stuff as well.

Dawg

i'd prefer a vine of someone tossing him in a dumpster

not going to be surprised if Horizon is delayed as well, basic mechanics for the 2 games are almost the same, and the last showing of horizon at tgs was not great

I expect Horizon to ship this fall. Guerilla is very good about hitting release deadlines, and they recently doubled down on a 2016 release date. Sony themselves also said 2016. It's coming this year.

Chris1

Good. More time for the game and it moves away from the holiday hitters.

I think it's a bad idea to move the game out from the holidays in terms of sales. The game will probably be better without it, but now there's no backup plan incase it bombs (which it most likely will) which means we'll probably never see a sequel.

Quoting another post I made before this delay was announced
It's a platinum game so the chances of it bombing in sales are high no matter what month it releases in, that's why I think they should go full steam ahead and release it this holiday. Why? Because they'll sell around 2-3 million consoles, make scalebound the mass pack in bundle and that's going to be around 1.5-2.5mill "sales" easy. That gives mass exposure to the game in a forcible and "cheap" way and will help with word of mouth if the game is good... because there's actually going to be people playing the game to spread the good word.

Releasing it in March or whatever is only going to hurt the game even more than this holiday in that scenario, though that depends a lot on whether MS is willing to mass bundle it, but if they want the IP to have any chance at even getting a sequels then they're probably gonna have to. In the end it all comes down to how much MS actually cares about the game doing well but releasing it in early 2017 would be sending the game to die if you ask me, what good will it be if it sells 200k copies then the bundle moves like 100k a month? Even those are on the high side.

Honestly IMO the holidays with MS fully behind it was the best chance of the game taking off, now I don't think so. It's platinum so there's like a 90% chance it's going to bomb

prwxv3

Some of this titles are niche titles and not something that will sell millions. And which publisher has the best lineup is still a matter of taste for every person. Only game that interests me in that list is ratchet... really dont care about the rest. So for me the PS4 lineup looks boring and lackluster.

And yeah List Warzzz..

How well the games sell is irrelevant to the lineup quality. The rest of your post is ok. I have no idea how the lineup is boring even if you are not interested in those games.

Honestly IMO the holidays with MS fully behind it was the best chance of the game taking off, now I don't think so. It's platinum so there's like a 90% chance it's going to bomb

Unfortunately MS will probably pick a third-party title as their mass pack-in or it'll be Halo 5 or something lower priced like Gears UE last holiday

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The shocker for me is Sea Of Thieves being given a date, after the Rare dude warning at E3 it was a very early build they were showing. That its been pulled up to 2016 is very odd.

Leflus

I bet they're delaying it because they know that people would rather play Scalebound than Fable Legends. /tinfoilhat

Good on them for delaying Scalebound and announcing it a year in advance. Hopefully it'll give the devs the time they need to finish it up.

The shocker for me is Sea Of Thieves being given a date, after the Rare dude warning at E3 it was a very early build they were showing. That its been pulled up to 2016 is very odd.

Link for that?? I e been trying to follow the game a bit and haven't read anything on an early build.

Top Bottom