• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

JCX

Ugh what an awful start to 2016. If ReCore isn't out this year, there will be no X1 exclusives that interest me post Cuphead. Probably should have help off on buying one until this year.

dnmt

Banned
Ugh what an awful start to 2016. If ReCore isn't out this year, there will be no X1 exclusives that interest me post Cuphead. Probably should have help off on buying one until this year.

Cuphead isn't even a true exclusive. It's coming to PC.

RoKKeR

Good news, seemed like it needed more time in the oven. Also works not to crowd Microsoft's lineup this year.

Falchion

It must need a lot of work if at the start of 2016 they've already pushed it back to 2017. I'm still excited for this though.

Bluenoser

No one wants to be the next "Tomb Raider". Holidays now have a stigma :(

That said, if rumors are true about Assassin's Creed, there may only be COD to compete with this year. FO4, Battlefront, etc are not yearly releases.

I can see lots of exclusives doing very well holiday 2016 as opposed to 2015, but that's probably not why it was delayed anyway.

That said, if rumors are true about Assassin's Creed, there may only be COD to compete with this year. FO4, Battlefront, etc are not yearly releases.

I can see lots of exclusives doing very well holiday 2016 as opposed to 2015, but that's probably not why it was delayed anyway.

Mass Effect Andromeda say hi :p

It's going to bomb anyway I reckon. If Tomb Raider sells poorly on Xbox I can't see this doing any better.

Hopefully they release on Windows too at a later point to reach a wider audience.

Not port begging BTW, I have an Xbox, I just think it will be sad when a PG game sells poorly.

Zedox

Not gonna lie, if they announced a windows 10 crossplay version I would be ecstastic. Then several PC playing friends can come get a taste of that platinum dragon.

I think it will be the smartest thing for MS to release cross-buy on PC with Scalebound, as ReCore. It just makes so much sense...fuck it makes so much sense that it won't happen. FUCK.

jacobeid

Banned
Dammmmmmmmmn. One of the games I bought the XB1 for. Hope that we get Forza Horizon 3 this year or my xbox will be collecting dust.

DrZeus

Alot of the games slated for 2016 that made it look to be such a stacked year are going to be pushed to 2017. Thus making 2017 the next stacked year so the cycle can repeat.

Nazo

Well that's incredibly disappointing. Not really surprised though. Still confident the game will be great. Does Microsoft even have anything exclusive coming out this year now?

Edit: I must be going crazy because I just googled MS's 2016 and there is a bunch of stuff coming out this year that I somehow completely forgot existed. A lesson learned, don't post when running off 2 hours of sleep.

Euron

Battlefield 5 is coming out this year according to EA's release schedule. And even if a new AC doesn't make it out, Ubisoft will have something else instead like Watch Dogs 2.

nib95

Banned
Alot of the games slated for 2016 that made it look to be such a stacked year are going to be pushed to 2017. Thus making 2017 the next stacked year so the cycle can repeat.

Even if several of the big games this year got delayed, it would still be stacked. In fact, I don't mind a few delays because I have way too much to play this year.

DrZeus

Even if several of the big games this year got delayed, it would still be stacked. In fact, I don't mind a few delays because I have way too much to play this year.
Delays don't bother me in the slightest. They're a necessary evil and are for the best. Plus gives me time to act like I want to dwindle down my backlog in the meantime. But I agree. Year will still be stacked. There's too many high quality releases nowadays. Especially if you own different platforms.

Euron

Delays don't bother me in the slightest. They're a necessary evil and are for the best. Plus gives me time to act like I want to dwindle down my backlog in the meantime. But I agree. Year will still be stacked. There's too many high quality releases nowadays. Especially if you own different platforms.
I honestly like it when games get delayed. We get to spend more time with other games AND we get better products in the long run.

When you refuse to delay a game, you either get broken launches like Master Chief Collection, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Driveclub or a lack of content like Battlefront and Halo 5.

Wow, thats very disappointing :(

I was hoping for some 4 player coop Dragon action.

But yeah the first showing looked very rough, not really surprised.

hughesta

Banned
Happy that Platinum is getting the extra time to polish their game. I would have been really disappointed if Scalebound was lacking, since I most likely am picking up an Xbone when it releases. Here's to a great game releasing in 2017!

The game will be better for it. As much as I love Platinum, Scalebound has yet to make a big impression on me. It was probably announced too early anyways.
So you've had delays to Starfox, Scalebound and Project Guard. One has to wonder if Platinum Games has bitten off more than they can chew and is a Nier Automata delay next?
I can see Nier making 2016. That bits of footage we've already seen look great. Their character action pipeline seems efficient. Star Fox had some really apparent quality concerns and its more Nintendo's call on that. Project Guard is as non-existent as it was from E3 so that's not even a true concern.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkk..

That's honestly still the only game I want to play on the Xbone. This thing's going to be real dusty by the time I get around to using it :-/

Curufinwe

The Xbone is going to be so cheap by the time I need to buy one to play this game.

Maybe as low as $200 like the WiiU was when I got a refurb from Nintendo to play Bayonetta 2.

Theorry

Probably one good thing about it. Is that its probably a spring 2017 release. Better time instead of a busy Q4.

ViciousDS

Banned
its only January 4th and we already got our first huge delay on a title that probably wasn't going to hit till this fall.

ReCore is definitely going to delay
If Gears beta doesn't hit this summer like it should.....I could possibly see that getting delayed.

Please at least let Forza Horizon 3 hit......I'm done with Circuit racers and 6 really wasn't that great to me. Playground is definitely my favorite Forza Dev now.

LesPaul

Welp I would have loved to play it a little earlier (my Xbox One is collecting dust at the moment) but I guess it is a good thing. We will get a better game out of it.

Top Bottom