• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

Huh, that was the one game in Microsoft's lineup that I was sure would make it this year. Platinum crank games out like crazy.

On the plus side, this raises its chances of not bombing from 0% to 5%.

Famassu

Scalebound and crackdown weren't given release Windows until gamescom. Quantum Break had a bit of a tough time and remedy are slow, some others had small delays… I'm not sure what else has had a "clearly unrealistic" release date announced?

Games get shifted all the time because they need more time, it's a chronic problem in the games industry, miyamoto had a pretty good quote about it somewhere
They implied the E3 2014 games would be released by the end of 2016 or something.

Famassu

Huh, that was the one game in Microsoft's lineup that I was sure would make it this year. Platinum crank games out like crazy.

On the plus side, this raises its chances of not bombing from 0% to 5%.
They crank out lesser games out like crazy. Kamiya's games have easily taken 3,5-4 years ever since his PS2 & Clover days.

Angel_DvA

Microsoft tend to announce games too early, I know they need to give something to their fanbase at each E3 but it's kind of ridiculous now.

on other side, the game looked super rough the last time they show it, it looks like the best game Microsoft has on Xbox One for me so I prefer they take their time with it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
not going to be surprised if Horizon is delayed as well, basic mechanics for the 2 games are almost the same, and the last showing of horizon at tgs was not great

wapplew

Just four days into new year, I think they were well aware the game won't make it into 2016 at E3 and gamecom but keep 2016 date to make portfolio attractive.
Nothing wrong with that, gonna move those console in holiday.

Alx

Microsoft tend to announce games too early, I know they need to give something to their fanbase at each E3 but it's kind of ridiculous now.

I don't think MS is the worst offender of the big three. I mean, we're still waiting for ZeldaU, Drive Club had a chaotic schedule, and the Last Guardian is legendary.
All long term announcements are too early IMO, and at least MS also has short-term ones for each E3/Gamescom.

Scalebound seems to be system seller at least for some on GAF, looking at some comments here. ;)

I don't mind delay, now game won't get drowned by big fall games.

Better off releasing it Q1 2017 than to cram a new IP into holiday

Actually really like them announcing this now rather than waiting til like summer to announce a few month delay.

Zeta Oni

Was kinda curious how it's release window was gonna work with Halo Wars and Gears 4 being the holiday heavy hitters, so I agree with this being a good decision.

This is platinums first jrpg if I'm not mistaken, and it's a new IP as well.

Take your time and make it the game I've been waiting for, Kamiya.

I don't think MS is the worst offender of the big three. I mean, we're still waiting for ZeldaU, Drive Club had a chaotic schedule, and the Last Guardian is legendary.
All long term announcements are too early IMO, and at least MS also has short-term ones for each E3/Gamescom.

Zelda was literally announced the day after Scalebound.

I think they're all equally guilty of announcing certain games too early.

Euron

Not surprising at all, game had a poor Gamescom showing and needs an overhaul. I am surprised that they announced it so early though. Crackdown and Sea of Thieves will definitely be delayed as well. Halo Wars 2 is a possibility. MS already has Gears 4, Forza Horizon, and Recore launching so I guess it depends on how long the game has been in development.

Auctopus

Someone should keep a list of titles that were announced last year for 2016 and have been delayed to 2017.

Nothing annoys me more about the industry than announcing games too early.

EthanC

Banned

on other side, the game looked super rough the last time they show it, it looks like the best game Microsoft has on Xbox One for me so I prefer they take their time with it.

No they don't. They have been lately though since the Xbox One fiasco began. They used to have a reputation for announcing and showing off games months before releasing them.

Was it ? I had a feeling it was known since forever. :p Ok I'll let Nintendo off the hook, but that's because I don't follow much of their announcements.

I mean, I guess it was technically announced in January 2013, when Aonuma basically said "we're working on a new Zelda game for Wii U" but it wasn't officially announced and shown until E3 2014.

krang

Was kinda curious how it's release window was gonna work with Halo Wars and Gears 4 being the holiday heavy hitters, so I agree with this being a good decision.

This is platinums first jrpg if I'm not mistaken, and it's a new IP as well.

Take your time and make it the game I've been waiting for, Kamiya.

I doubt Halo Wars 2 will be out this year.

Endo Punk

Didn't expect that from Platinim since they're an efficient studio. This game must be very ambitious.

One title that definitely has delay written all over it is Horizon Zero Dawn. This is a very is a big undertaking by Guerilla.

Zeta Oni

I doubt Halo Wars 2 will be out this year.

I don't see what else Microsoft would be putting in its place?

It's almost certainly gonna be Forza in September, and Gears or Halo Wars for October and November.

And I think creative assembly is no stranger to making these kind of games either.

Alx

Damn, this and Crackdown are the two One games I'm really looking forward to, and they'll probably both be 2017.

To anticipate any disappointment, I think that for Crackdown it was only the beta that was announced for summer 2016. I don't think we have a release date for the final game (and I doubt it will be 2016).

Top Bottom