• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

nooooooooo.jpg

This goes to show that pretty much nearly every AAA game has to through some sort of delay to "polish" things up. I fear what would happen in the next generation. Are the game developers even READY to go that far yet?

demigod

Its an MS published game, expect it to release during the holidays in 2017. They're going to stuff the channel and let this game die.

krang

I don't see what else Microsoft would be putting in its place?

It's almost certainly gonna be Forza in September, and Gears or Halo Wars for October and November.

And I think creative assembly is no stranger to making these kind of games either.

They've still got job adverts for the game on their site, haven't they?

The only game I can see on that list releasing in 2017 is GT Sports and maybe Wild. Everything else will make 2016

It's crazy, I know. But unfortunately it'll happen.

Now days everything is delayed until proven otherwise and by that I mean actually released. But even then you can't be too sure cause it might get delayed even after its release. (look at Batman Arkham Knight on PC)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I don't see how this matters. Microsoft probably doesn't care. If this doesn't go to PC it'll sell around 200k. I see it more as Microsoft paying for bragging rights. I don't think it'll be bad but the only reason it's being funded by Microsoft is that they have to check that box in their line-up. Microsoft is most likely losing money on this game.

They crank out lesser games out like crazy. Kamiya's games have easily taken 3,5-4 years ever since his PS2 & Clover days.

Lesser games? Tell that to Metal Gear Rising. And I think you need to check your dates again, Okami and Bayonetta took <3 years.

Regardless, I didn't really mean it in that way, just that they get games out on schedule.

I don't think MS is the worst offender of the big three. I mean, we're still waiting for ZeldaU, Drive Club had a chaotic schedule, and the Last Guardian is legendary.
All long term announcements are too early IMO, and at least MS also has short-term ones for each E3/Gamescom.

Uh, Driveclub? Announced Feb 2013, came out Oct 2014. That's not that long, especially for a game delayed 11 months. Only 3-4 months longer than Sunset Overdrive from announcement to release.

Besides, I think there's a difference between announcing a game that later encounters delays that push the date back (Zelda, Driveclub and TLG) and announcing Scalebound when it had been in development for less than a year.

Mass Effect Andromeda isn't due out this year anyway. It was given a window of FY 2016-2017, but there's no way at all it will be out before Q4. Wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed until April 2017 or beyond.

Mass effect has a scheduled release date of holiday 2016

Today we debuted the first cinematic trailer for our next game, Mass Effect&#8482;: Andromeda. While we are still many months away from the game&#8217;s release date in holiday 2016, we&#8217;re excited to show you a bit of where we&#8217;re at.

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

reKon

Banned
I thought it was the general assumption that MS blew there load early. It was hilarious seeing all the list war shit early on with fanboys listing all the great exclusives that would be releasing in 2016 and how it was already solidified that it had a better library than competitors. Scalebound is actually an exclusive that I'm interested in for the Xbox One, along with Gears. I really hope that The Coalition delivers.

Zedox

If they delayed it for having another game released in the Windows Store (for cross-play/cross-buy)...I'm definitely for it. I'm still for it just to polish a game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Expected this.

Polish the game. Make it good. I'll buy it if it comes to a platform I own.

It'll come to Xbox One and maybe, maybe, a year later will get a PC port, tho the latter looks unlikely atm.
That's it. Do you own (or plan to) an Xbox?

Zeta Oni

If they delayed it for having another game released in the Windows Store (for cross-play/cross-buy)...I'm definitely for it. I'm still for it just to polish a game.

Not gonna lie, if they announced a windows 10 crossplay version I would be ecstastic. Then several PC playing friends can come get a taste of that platinum dragon.

Recore has to be next on the delay wagon - at least with Scalebound there has been gameplay shown and we can see that its a third-person action game; with Recore we haven't seen jack-shit other than an ambiguous CGI sequence and know virtually nothing about the game other than who's making it.

I can't see a cat's chance in hell of Recore making a 2016 release.

Edit: Just seen other thread which Microsoft says its coming to XB1 and PC in 2016; I still stand by what I said!

EhoaVash

Not surprising since scalebound looks like platinum's most ambition title yet. Open world action rpg, with a huge ass dragon as your partner whose with you all the time + the game having co-op multiplayer ...

I can't imagine what the final framerate will be like lol.

Not surprising at all, game had a poor Gamescom showing and needs an overhaul. I am surprised that they announced it so early though. Crackdown and Sea of Thieves will definitely be delayed as well. Halo Wars 2 is a possibility. MS already has Gears 4, Forza Horizon, and Recore launching so I guess it depends on how long the game has been in development.
It doesn't need an overhaul. It's still gonna be an action RPG (open world?) like Kamiya promised it just needed some major polishing. That gamescom demo was super early alpha.
I don't see how this matters. Microsoft probably doesn't care. If this doesn't go to PC it'll sell around 200k. I see it more as Microsoft paying for bragging rights. I don't think it'll be bad but the only reason it's being funded by Microsoft is that they have to check that box in their line-up. Microsoft is most likely losing money on this game.
Can't blame them for trying to diversify their lineup. Even if it's gonna be another year Gears, Halo, and Forza.

Neff

Gonna' be real tough for Kamiya to top TW101's final hours.

He won't do it. But that's ok, because nobody else will, either.

Kamiya's finales are always amazing, though. The guy's sense of showmanship is impeccable. I simply expect him to take Scalebound in a different direction and try something new.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If it's a delay to Q1 2017 I assume it's just to get it out of the holiday season so it doesn't have to fight for attention among a lot of big titles. Horizon I could see following suit. New IPs in Fall are a death sentence.

He won't do it. But that's ok, because nobody else will, either.

Kamiya's finales are always amazing, though. The guy's sense of showmanship is impeccable. I simply expect him to take Scalebound in a different direction and try something new.

Can't wait to see what he and his team come up with.

DevilFox

Called it. I was worried that most resources of PG were locked since Bayonetta 2 release until 2017 for this AAA game, but luckily I was wrong and we have Nier coming next..

..in before Nier pushed to 2017..

Top Bottom