• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I only saw what I think are the first 4 or 5 episodes of this.

I liked what I saw but the schedule was so fucked I just gave up. They played the first episode 3 months before the others then took a six month break. And now this year break in between season.

How many episodes have been aired in America so far?

The way this channel just eats it's shows (this, Sym Bionic Titan, Generator Rex) is criminal.

The full first season (26 episodes) have aired on Cartoon Network.

Hope after it ends they make a new series with a similar tone and characterisation(please no What's New or Pup).
or even just make the movies better again, Camp Scare was the best since Witch's Ghost.

At least we don't have to worry about the voice actors.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Geez. Hopefully when they finally put it on they'll at least support it.

abundant

Something has to be going on that we don't know about, either contract disputes or something. CN rarely handles a series this poorly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Something has to be going on that we don't know about, either contract disputes or something. CN rarely handles a series this poorly.

I did hear there were contract disputes in s1, which caused a delay in the episodes on CN while I think Toonzai aired them when they were supposed to, leading to them having like a five-ep lead on episodes.

Odoul

After what they pulled with Generator Rex and Sym Bionic Titan I wouldn't put naked incompetence or sickening pettiness beneath them.

linko9

Had no idea they were still making these, but I just wanted to say I started playing Etrian Odyssey and I named my party after the Scooby Doo gang (5 member party). Good times.

abundant

Good news, according to TVGuide.com TV Listings, the July 30th date will be the debut of season 2, with a new episode every weekday. I'll post an update whenever my DVR schedule updates.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Finally.

Pretty sad they're burning all the episodes off like this though, I was looking forward to posting with you guys in this thread every week. :(

abundant

My DVR schedule finally updated...

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. season 2 begins July 30 @ 2PM EST. This is 100% confirmed, they're even having a two day Scooby marathon on the 28th and 29th.

Tagg9

So is it confirmed that Scooby will be airing every weekday, starting July 30th? Or will it be just be every week after the premiere week?

Good call.

All of DCAU is still miles above Scooby Doo. And I love Scooby Doo.... A lot of the DCAU was on WB though if I remember correctly.
Yes but I don't really consider Justice League a CartoonNetwork show, because its heavily linked/sequel to the other DCAU shows that weren't made for CN.(silly thing to care about)

So is it confirmed that Scooby will be airing every weekday, starting July 30th? Or will it be just be every week after the premiere week?
Monday-Friday 1PM CentralTime

Ezduo

Banned
No, but Cartoon Network has clearly sent this show to die as they showed it in the middle of the day with no advertisements beforehand to inform us. Meanwhile Annoying Orange is in the primetime slot with commercials every other 30 minutes. I just...don't know why I'm still surprised that Cartoon Network gives a insanely quality show no chance while trying to shove the most bare bones cheap and utterly asinine crap down our throats. Why did they even order a new season if this is what they were going to do with it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Some of the new episodes are already up online, I think because they aired in the U.K. or something...

Watching them right now, actually. Episode 3 of Season 2 has Dean Pelton from Community in it, haha.

Dan

Watched it. It was fun, but the villain's schtick was a little much.

Fred's beard was hilarious, especially with the ascot over top it.

Watch Da Birdie

I also have to say the Crybaby Clown's mask-reveal doesn't live up to how hyped he is in the season premier, either. I'm pretty sure anyone can guess who it is right off the bat.

Still, having an episode end with the gang failing to capture the bad-guy, and Fred crying for Daphne was pretty "dark" for Scooby Doo, lol.

Nah, there's a new episode on right now on Cartoon Network.
The guide was acting weird, said none this week. 5 minutes before it said loony toons was coming on but it changed to scooby doo last second.
Still doesn't list anymore for this week.

Edit: I think Night Terrors was my favorite episode of all, really good.
Edit2:This show is firing on all cylinders, favorite show on tv right now.

LFF

Neo Member
Yeah, I've been watching the show from near enough the start and I've always enjoyed it, but these last few episodes have really been knocking it out of the park.

Watch Da Birdie

Wow, today's episode...

"Beware the gator's warning...the dog dies".

All the way back in episode 2, the Gatorsburg Episode, there was one of those "sign" gags where the burnt-out lights of a sign said "the dog dies".

Pretty neat little throwback.

abundant

Cassidy Williams dying (confirmed on twitter) and Dyno Mutt's origin story
were the darkest moments in Scooby Doo history.

Great episode today.
surprised to hear
Cassidy is confirmed dead

Mid season break.... well better prep for the worst case scenario, a wait till next summer.

CorvoSol

You know, when they finish with Scooby-Doo, Hannah Barberra needs to bring back Jabberjaw in this style.

You just HAD to post this song, didn't you? Now I'm gonna listen to Pain all week.

Aaaanyway, the submarine episode was the last new one to air, right? That's the last one I saw, and it was on during the day. Cartoon Network hates this show and I just can't tell. I mean, yeah, it might not be as popular as Adventure Time or Regular Show, but there should be no questioning its quality.

Bladenic

Okay so I just watched the first episode of the first season, and damn. This show is awesome. So many homages and fun little bits. Love how they handled the characters too.

However, they never explained why the diggers were looking all zombified though. That was strange.

Dan

That one episode made me really want a new Jonny Quest show. Give it a loose mythology like Mystery Inc, tons of globe trotting adventures, and you've got yourself a winner.

Aaaanyway, the submarine episode was the last new one to air, right? That's the last one I saw, and it was on during the day. Cartoon Network hates this show and I just can't tell. I mean, yeah, it might not be as popular as Adventure Time or Regular Show, but there should be no questioning its quality.

No, there were four more episodes after that, airing 14th to 17th. The show was off the air this past week. I think it's off next week too, then returns.

CorvoSol

That one episode made me really want a new Jonny Quest show. Give it a loose mythology like Mystery Inc, tons of globe trotting adventures, and you've got yourself a winner.

No, there were four more episodes after that, airing 14th to 17th. The show was off the air this past week. I think it's off next week too, then returns.

I'm 4 episodes behind, huh? Well, now I know where my afternoon is being spent. I try really hard to convince others that this show is good, but they're all, "LAWL IT'S Scooby Doo, man."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom