• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

I am pretty damn convinced that (actual major spoilers unless you've seen all the episodes that have aired)
the moon is the Nibiru planet. I've speculated as to why the moon is always full in Crystal Cove, and believed there had to be some significance to the design besides making the town/the show itself more "haunted" or "eerie" or something. In the recent episode where the gang is in the toxic waste avocado farm, Fred and Daphne stop to stare at the moon and comment on how it looks particularly big that evening. That exchange sent my theory into overdrive, basically. Nooo idea as to how the person associated with Nibiru is though.

This show is SO amazing, it really frustrates me how hard it is to get friends to check it out. Also, I e-mailed WB the other day telling them they need to release the show on Blu-ray, because that's what the fans really want. Currently, we have to choose between DVD sets of multiple volumes per season and digital downloads that run $50 dollars a season and we all know how consumer friendly digital content is (not). I would hope if you guys have a spare couple minutes in the next couple weeks, you would consider sending Warner Brothers and e-mail trying to convince them to give us the option of going Blu too. It's worth trying, anyway.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The fact that until this thread, I was completely oblivious to this re-imaging of one of my favorite franchises ever, shows how old and out of the loop I am. Jesus. I need to watch the first season asap. Any word on a Flintstones remake/re-imaging?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The fact that until this thread, I was completely oblivious to this re-imaging of one of my favorite franchises ever, shows how old and out of the loop I am. Jesus. I need to watch the first season asap. Any word on a Flintstones remake/re-imaging?

Seth MacFarlane (of Family Guy) was working on one, but it seems like it's been canned, or at least put on indefinite hold.

CorvoSol

Just caught up to the current episode.

HOLY ZOINKS. I don't honestly know where to begin. I mean, the
Alligators, and the Donkeys, and the parents and the Stable Time Loops

YEESH.

Also, Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt. WOOOOOO!

Bladenic

Probably shouldn't bump this, but oh well.

I just finished episode 15, so I'm all caught up. And I just have to say, I love this show, I feel like a kid again but in the best possible way. I cannot wait until the last 11 episodes air. So excited to see how the plot is resolved.

But holy shit
I cannot believe Cassidy Williams was actually killed off. Such a surprising turn, and that act solidified Pericles, and really, the rest of the original Mystery Inc. as evil. Yes, even Fred's parents.

But yeah season 2 has been really great. The Dyno Mutt episode was fun, though a bit... too slaptstick and whatnot. I'm also unsure how I feel about
supernatural elements being introduced.

I also hate to read how terribly the second season was treated by Cartoon Network. Do they enjoy screwing over their own shows? And wasn't S1 a big hit? How annoying and strange. I guess there really won't be a new season, which sucks. I just hope whatever series follows maintains at least some of the quality of this show.

ZoddGutts

Man this show is great. The first season was already good but the 2nd season really took it up a notch. Unlike Korra, this is a great show and people need to watch it.

Ratings for this season if anyone is interested:

CARTOON NETWORK 1.5/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Johnny Test 1.3/19; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.0/12; Beyblade: Metal Masters 1.3/11; Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 1.8/13; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.5/9; Ninjago 1.6/8; The Green Lantern 1.3/6; Young Justice 1.1/5; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.4/7; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.9/9; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 2.1/10; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.8/9

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 30, 2012 Ratings
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. (Cartoon Network)
-2 PM: 1.951 million viewers, 0.35 A18-49

Tuesday ratings July 31, 2012:
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. (Cartoon Network)
- 2 PM: 2.023 million viewers, 0.32 A18-49

Monday's Scooby-Doo ratings via Nick at tvbythenumbers comments.
Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc. (Cartoon Network)
2 PM: 1.600 million viewers, 0.34 A18-49

Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc. (Cartoon Network)
-2 PM: 1.990 million viewers, 0.34 A18-49

It did well ratings wise on Cartoon Network and that's without having any advertisement.

CorvoSol

Show's the unsung hero of CN. Every episode is so spot on. The humor and wit in a single episode of this shames the entirety of Adult Swim's bloc.

MisterHero

I saw the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episode and I want to see what happened to the Quest family. How nice it would be if they were teasing a Jonny Quest revival...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh man, I'm finally catching up thanks to Amazon and I just watched the Billy-West-as-an-art-hipster ep, and am now on the "villain profiling" episode.
KuGsj.gif

I love this show so much it hurts.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMFG at episode 15. I can't believe this show is so good. I just... can't believe it.

All throughout the episode
I was thinking, OK, maybe they'll pull a Zombie Isle. Maybe. Not gonna get my hopes up. In fact, I hate myself for thinking it. But... the whole Conquistador's ghost thing before the credits just planted it in my mind... I half expected them to tug at Avocado's mask and find it to be rubbery skin, just like in Zombie Isle. But what we got was pretty damn good. OMG.
My heart and mind are racing. Goddamn. This show is perfect. This is literally the best show CN itself has ever made.

Cassidy Williams dying (confirmed on twitter) and Dyno Mutt's origin story
were the darkest moments in Scooby Doo history.

No way. NO WAY.

That is just... wow. I don't even know how to feel about that. Shocked, proud, sad, angry, glad (they were able to do it.) That is crazy.

On that note,
Shaggy and Daphne (in NOTHING but a bathrobe no less, literally nothing but that) making out in front of the fire
is easily the most "sexual" the show has ever gone. Easily.

Although,
there was a reference to Fred cleaning out the Mystery Machine for when Daphne visited "alone." When the van's a rocking...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've been watching Twin Peaks and...

QT2YA.png
GYiiw.jpg

I really wonder if Benjamin Horne partly inspired Mayor Jones (pretty much the same characters overall, money-hungry business-man fathers who do anything they can to increase the tourism of a small, town full of dark-secrets.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is this one of those shows that we all know is mediocre but watch anyway because we want to look cool? Or is this actually decent?

It's definitely at least decent. Objectively speaking, there are some cringy things early on, and it still is a monster-of-the-week-type show (except this this time it also has an overall plot), but it's still one of the best shows Cartoon Network has ever made. The callouts to other things (like past Hannah Barbara shows and pop culture things like Cthulhu) might be hit-or-miss to you.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is this one of those shows that we all know is mediocre but watch anyway because we want to look cool? Or is this actually decent?

Do you really think anyone is going to say that first option?

Of course it's decent. It's great, actually. Best Scooby-Doo series ever made. Great voicework, more characterization than the series has EVER had, Scooby is more of a minor character rather than being the centerpiece of the show, and the writing is superb, with actual overarching plots rather than constant monster-of-the-week episodes (well, okay, it's still MOTW, but yeah, there's actual plot there too).

It's definitely at least decent. Objectively speaking, there are some cringy things early on, and it still is a monster-of-the-week-type show (except this this time it also has an overall plot), but it's still one of the best shows Cartoon Network has ever made. The callouts to other things (like past Hannah Barbara shows and pop culture things like Cthulhu) might be hit-or-miss to you.

Do you really think anyone is going to say that first option?

Of course it's decent. It's great, actually. Best Scooby-Doo series ever made. Great voicework, more characterization than the series has EVER had, Scooby is more of a minor character rather than being the centerpiece of the show, and the writing is superb, with actual overarching plots rather than constant monster-of-the-week episodes (well, okay, it's still MOTW, but yeah, there's actual plot there too).

Hmm...I'll have to check this out sometime.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FWIW, the press release that Cartoon Network sent out for their 2013-2014 upfronts lists Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc as returning sometime this year (or very early 2014). So at least they seem to have plans to air the rest of the show.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's... something at least. At least we'll get some closure, it seems unlikely the final episode will end on a cliffhanger.

abundant

n5Myzk4.png

HALF A FRICKING YEAR

THANKS CN!!

I now people love to complain about CN, but this sin't one of those times. Yes, they split the season in half, but we still got 15 episodes last year. That's more episodes than Futurama and Archer get per season and each season has a year long break between them. Hell, be thankful it's not like the Venture Brothers, where their season was broken in half, with 7 episodes one year and 9 the following year.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Those situations are ALSO terrible.

This one is MORE TERRIBLE because the episodes were DONE. THEY'VE BEEN DONE SINCE JUNE.

abundant

It doesn't matter if the episodes are done, CN chose to split the season in two parts, 15/9. Other shows have done and are still doing this, it's a common practice in Cable television. Basically, I find it kind of nitpicky to complain about this when there's far worse stuff going on at CN.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aren't you the one who was also defending Disney for dicking around Tron Uprising? You can't have it both ways.

abundant

Aren't you the one who was also defending Disney for dicking around Tron Uprising? You can't have it both ways.

No, I rightfully complained about what Disney did to Tron.

Tron Uprising - 19 episode season, the first 6 episodes air then a 3 month break occurs. 3 more episodes air than another month long break. The final 10 episodes air with no break.

MI - 26 episode season, 15 episodes air with no break, a year later 9 episodes air with no break.

Hardly the same situation. The former was a screwed up season, the later is a common practice among Cable shows.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The first 15 episodes aired months after they were originally scheduled to. In fact you could say there was a three month break since the first ep hit CN's website for a while before.

abundant

The first 15 episodes aired months after they were originally scheduled to. In fact you could say there was a three month break since the first ep hit CN's website for a while before.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. You clearly see this as a problem, whereas I don't, because I feel just fine with a 10 - 15 episode run when there's barely any breaks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The run isn't the problem.

The fact there are breaks isn't a problem.

The break being so long, when we know the episodes were done, and when the last episode had a massive cliffhanger, is the problem.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Probably a dumb question but are there any plans to release a dvd box set of this series in its entirety any time soon?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just checked my DVR. It shows two new episodes airing on the 25th, at 2 and 2:30.

Meelow

Banned
This series is the most abused good thing they have.

Still, CN's doing better than Nick these days. Does Nickelodeon even show non-Spongebob/ Fairly Odd Parents cartoons anymore?

From what I last saw? Nope.

Really sad too, Nick used to be the channel for anime and all these shows.

Still annoyed how they changed the design of the Zone, early 1990-2000+ Nick was the best.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why does it have to be weekday afternoons. T_T

I hope Amazon doesn't lag in putting the eps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom