• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg9

Thank goodness it's back, I thought for awhile that CN had forgotten about it. Hopefully iTunes puts the episodes up quickly as I still have a season pass.

abundant

No episodes next week apparently so I guess we will have another long wait for the final 5 episodes.
God CN is horrible.

If you would've waited for just a few more days, instead of hasty jumping to conclusions, you would know that new episodes return tomorrow. CN is having an April Fools thing today, hence why there's no new episode today.

If you would've waited for just a few more days, instead of hasty jumping to conclusions, you would know that new episodes return tomorrow. CN is having an April Fools thing today, hence why there's no new episode today.

Thats my bad then, my guide isn't showing any all week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amazon just credited me with 17, 19, 20, and 21. (I assume 18 is included to.)

I know what I'm doing tonight! (Playing Monster Hunter, lol.) Then Scooby time!

Just finished episode 9 on Netflix.

Good god is this good. As enjoyable as a Pup Named Scooby Doo and almost as much as the original. The (at times dark) off beat sense of humor is a blast!

And the Creeper cameo put a huge smile on my face.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just finished episode 9 on Netflix.

Good god is this good. As enjoyable as a Pup Named Scooby Doo and almost as much as the original. The (at times dark) off beat sense of humor is a blast!

And the Creeper cameo put a huge smile on my face.

Oh man, it only gets better.

So much better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Ow, I had plastic surgery too!"

"I know."

KuGsj.gif

OMFG each of these new episodes have been AMAZING. Except maybe the Gluten Demon one (though that was worth it for
the return of Spartan and Cachinga.)
But the skull cattle episode was surprisingly awesome!

The cliffhangers just keep ratcheting up the BALLS TO THE WALL craziness. Looooooooooove this show.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ohhhh man.............

Manly tears at
Fred and mayor-dad's moment in the last ep.
I don't think I've been this emotional from an American cartoon since Avatar (original, not Korra.) T_T And it was just like 30 seconds long! And yet so effective.

Avixph

Ohhhh man.............

Manly tears at
Fred and mayor-dad's moment in the last ep.
I don't think I've been this emotional from an American cartoon since Avatar (original, not Korra.) T_T And it was just like 30 seconds long! And yet so effective.
Can you tell us what happened?

Raxus

It is a plot heavy episode. We find out a ton about the previous Mystery Inc. crews and get a clue on what is going on in the grand scheme of things.

The ending of this show is gonna hurt man :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also Amazon has been a bit better at uploading the new episodes, yesterday's ep (Nightmare in Red) was uploaded very early today from what I can tell, so we might be looking at less than 24 hour turnaround on the final episodes of the series! Perfect for people such as me who may be working at 3pm. :p

The gang enters a shared dream world where the "the best part" of the people who were caught up in the cursed treasure of Crystal Cove are trapped -- including Angel, the Conquistadors, and Mayor Jones, among others.

It's a little complicated but at the end of the episode right before they have to exit the dream world, Fred takes Daphne and runs to Fred Sr. and tells him he forgives him and that he was the best dad he ever had (compared to his actual father Brad Chiles who just last ep was trying to dupe him out of the Planespheric Disc.)

Fred Sr. replies that even if Fred doesn't stop the super-evil thing behind the treasure's curse, he's still incredibly proud of him and says that Fred has always been the best part of his life. The music doesn't do any favors at trying to restrain the waterworks during this, either.

It's just... a sublime moment. It's quick, and it's sweet, and it actually means something because of how we've seen these characters grow and interact in the previous dozens of episodes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does this show still apply the same formula for every episode as the original cartoon?

Yes and no. Each episode has a central mystery to debunk, but the characters grow as the series goes on, tons of references are made to prior episodes, and there's an overarching plot connecting most of the disparate events.

Yes and no. Each episode has a central mystery to debunk, but the characters grow as the series goes on, tons of references are made to prior episodes, and there's an overarching plot connecting most of the disparate events.

Thanks. Now here's a more specific, more spoilery question: has there been any genuine supernatural in the show? Or is it still all smoke and mirrors?

Nudull

Banned
Why is this so damn good, and yet I'm so behind? :lol
I really need to watch this more. It'll help with the loss of GL and YJ.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
4 episodes left. :(

Edit- 3 if you saw the one from earlier today. :( :(

Thanks. Now here's a more specific, more spoilery question: has there been any genuine supernatural in the show? Or is it still all smoke and mirrors?

There is 0% supernatural stuff until right at the end of episode 41. The end-game of the series seems to be very supernatural/sci-fi heavy, somewhat like the first two movies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Since the series isn't getting renewed, is it worth it to invest into watching all the episodes or am I just going to run into a series that abruptly ends with no satisfying conclusion?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is that the official word?

From what I've been able to tell, it is. Although I hope I'm wrong. It's getting about 50 episodes though, so it still had a relatively good run compared to a lot of shows. As long as it gets a satisfying conclusion that doesn't feel rushed then I'll be happy to watch all the episodes in order even if it ends.

From what I've been able to tell, it is. Although I hope I'm wrong. It's getting about 50 episodes though, so it still had a relatively good run compared to a lot of shows. As long as it gets a satisfying conclusion that doesn't feel rushed then I'll be happy to watch all the episodes in order even if it ends.

Well, I did a quick google and it seems like it's on CN's fall line up as of late January.

Hopefully that's still the case.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/young-justice-green-lantern-canceled.html

Nudull

Banned
4 episodes left. :(

Edit- 3 if you saw the one from earlier today. :( :(

It's funny, I really liked this show early on (story arcs in Scooby Doo? Madness.),but thought it was already dead when the initial promos stopped cold, and here we are now. Don't know if I should be more frustrated at CN's scheduling or just that the show is ending. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Since the series isn't getting renewed, is it worth it to invest into watching all the episodes or am I just going to run into a series that abruptly ends with no satisfying conclusion?

Yes. All the animators and writers were working on the assumption of a 52-episode order. (To quote one of the animators: "We have been working backwards the entire run. This will be clearer soon.") They've been saying since last summer that the final episode will tie into the first and everything will be more or less wrapped up. I don't doubt there might be some hooks for a potential third season, but based on the whole of the second season so far it sure seems like they're definitely going to finish the current main arc up (that started in the first episode of the series) by the end of it.

Wow that sounds kinda
brilliant.

It is.

Does this show still apply the same formula for every episode as the original cartoon?

kinda but 99% of the episodes are part of an overall mystery.
this mystery has been going for both seasons.

I will say these last few episodes have solidified this as the best cartoon ever imo and actually on of my favorite overall things on TV.

incredibly worth it, it was created with 2 seasons in mind.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dunno about best cartoon ever but it's in my top 5 for sure. It consistently tops itself in quality throughout the entire run.

Also yay thread retitled. :)

Dunno about best cartoon ever but it's in my top 5 for sure. It consistently tops itself in quality throughout the entire run.
The only thing I would say is better is Futurama but for some reason I don't really count it as a cartoon.
It passed BTAS a while ago for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
YES PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR US AMAZON PLEBES WHO WON'T GET THE EPISODE UNTIL AT LEAST 12 HOURS FROM NOW

CorvoSol

OH MAN THIS SHOW IS SO CRAZY. It must be about to end because stuff is all nightmares and insanity. I kind of do hope Velma is right though, and
this all turns out to be something rationally explained.
because, well, I feel the alternative is a cheap out for a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom