• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seinfeld is the Unfunniest Sitcom of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
rw518.jpg

I'm starting to have weird thoughts of
account
suicide.

I found Friends to be much more hilarious than Seinfeld.

J-Rzez

crazy how Julia Louis Dreyfus has gotten hotter.

Naw, I think it's the wardrobe and style from then. She dresses like an Amish lady in the show. Horrible clothes and hairstyles.

The problem with Seinfeld is that it hasn't aged well. Going from today's comedy shows to it really steals it's flair.

Raptomex

Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time and my favorite sitcom. I'm 22 now and have been watching it since I was in high school. Sitcoms have really declined in more recent times.

Seinfeld
Married... with Children
Everybody Loves Raymond
The King of Queens
Frasier

Those would have to be my top 5. I can't get into any newer sitcoms nowadays.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Naw, I think it's the wardrobe and style from then. She dresses like an Amish lady in the show. Horrible clothes and hairstyles.

The problem with Seinfeld is that it hasn't aged well. Going from today's comedy shows to it really steals it's flair.

Not true at all. I am watching it for the first time (it never really was given a chance here in England) and it is absolutely fantastic. I think the fact that it is about human interactions and neuroses rather than pop culture or trends makes it age very well.

Greatest sitcom of all time and the only one I've ever had the desire to buy and own.

Started watching it in the mid-90's with re-runs, went back, caught up, and followed it religiously from then on. 29 now and I was only saying to my girlfriend the other day that we should start watching it again.

My mate is also a huge fan. Often send each other random Seinfeld quote texts which turn into scripts of the episode over the course of the day. Work colleagues are also big fans.

Considering TV re-runs and watching the DVD's, I'd have watched the show probably 10 times over I'd guess.

It is absolutely timeless.

Kjellson

George: ...and the Jews steal our money through their Zionist occupied government and use the black man to bring drugs into our oppressed white minority communities.

Jerry: You're not going to open with that, are you?

Underrated episode.

someday

Banned
Eh, I never liked this show either. I won't say anything global about the show, just that I never found it funny in the slightest. I always figured it just wasn't/isn't my cup of tea. I've tried watching it in reruns over the years, but still nothing. I've even tried watching all of the clips in this thread and they all leave me puzzled. Yeah, I get it, please don't try to "explain" it. I just don't see what's so funny.

Verelios

Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time and my favorite sitcom. I'm 22 now and have been watching it since I was in high school. Sitcoms have really declined in more recent times.

Seinfeld
Married... with Children
Everybody Loves Raymond
The King of Queens
Frasier

Those would have to be my top 5. I can't get into any newer sitcoms nowadays.

I like three of those five. Two of them would be in my top ten, and married with children would probably be a good contender but...didn't really stick it.

Frasier and Raymond though...I never really got Frasier and Raymond was more of a hah, and then forget about it show. It didn't really give me much in the sense of fulfillment.

The people in this thread decrying Seinfeld's greatness needs to rip up their TV enthusiast/connoisseur cards and get back t watching Bones or Grey's Anatomy. Whichever one tickles your fancy.

Raptomex

I like three of those five. Two of them would be in my top ten, and married with children would probably be a good contender but...didn't really stick it.

Frasier and Raymond though...I never really got Frasier and Raymond was more of a hah, and then forget about it show. It didn't really give me much in the sense of fulfillment.
I actually started getting into Frasier a year or so ago. I think it's funnier than Cheers. Never could get into that show. And Raymond I also got into when I was in high school. That show is actually very relatable to me so to each is own I guess. I currently own all the seasons of each show in that top 5 I listed except Raymond. That's next. And for the record I do enjoy Curb Your Enthusiasm and Two and a Half Men but still, 90s sitcoms are still the best.

Raptomex

On to more pressing matters:

Where is my Bluray boxset?
A few years back I heard they were going to release the first season of Seinfeld on blu-ray. On Blu-Ray.com it's listed but there's no release date. I'll get it when it comes out. But I wish they would just release the entire show in a box set on blu ray. Day 1 for me.

bluehat9

"She called. I missed her. He yelled 'Cartwright'."
"who's Cartwright?"
"I'm cartwright."
"You're not Cartwright."
"OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT."

Still funny, even though I've seen every episode I don't know how many times on re-runs.

ido

A few years back I heard they were going to release the first season of Seinfeld on blu-ray. On Blu-Ray.com it's listed but there's no release date. I'll get it when it comes out. But I wish they would just release the entire show in a box set on blu ray. Day 1 for me.

That's all the news I've ever seen as well.

I do not own anything on Bluray because children make me poor, but I would buy a Seinfeld boxset.

Raptomex

That's all the news I've ever seen as well.

I do not own anything on Bluray because children make me poor, but I would buy a Seinfeld boxset.
I have all the seasons on DVD individually but I do want to get that DVD boxset but last time I checked it was still $200.

What do people think of Unhappily Ever After?

Now that's some oldschool shit. Yeah it's a knockoff of Married with Children but it has hot ass Nikki Cox and that fluffy bunny puppet.

http://www.nikkicox.dk/pictures/vidcaps/Unhappily_Ever_After/big/Image42.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://www.mojomovie.com/images/cache/screen_image_475843.jpg[/IG]

yup those are some huge pics

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3jksgr_V0[/url][/QUOTE]

You haven't heard?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R1W9H.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, just saw the episode about Jerry and George being gay. The whole episode was pure GOLD throughout :lol Definitely one of the few best

Kramer's few appearances also killed it. "I thought we were all gonna take a steam", perfect timing on top of all the hilarity

Actually, you know what? There's one scene from Seinfeld that I legit liked. It was near the end of an episode and Kramer(?) was walking down the street dressed like a pimp. I can never NOT find pimps funny, though.

Since when does likeable characters == not funny? I'll admit that Seinfeld seems a bit dated, but it was and is still pretty funny. Personally I like Curb Your Enthusiasm much more.

Jerry himself I always found a bit boring (like Jay Leno level dull), but the rest of the cast more than makes up for him.

ido

Credit to Jason Alexander, he was handed that monologue an hour before filming and what we saw on TV was the first take with no rehearsal.

That's pretty fucking amazing.

According to this, it took ten hours. It eased into the water like an old man into a nice warm bath, no offense.

Arment

Sorry Seinfeld-GAF but I didn't like it much either. I watched it occasionally growing up, the same with Friends. Both the shows had some chuckle moments, but never liked either. That goes for recent attempts to watch as well in regards to Seinfeld. Fresh Prince and Nick at Night was where it was it.

Love Curb though.

I really dont know what to say at the op. I wish i never saw this thread. Now I am in a constant state of both embarrassment (for the op and others who hate seinfeld) and fear (for having to live in a world that prefers friends to seinfeld)

Lijik

I think its cool if people dont like Seinfeld, just like i think its cool my best friend inexplicably finds The Big Bang Theory funny. Whatever, people are people and tastes are tastes. But theres so much hyperbole and ignorance coming out of the OP that I find it pretty easy to go "You're fucking wrong"

OP needs to look to the cookie

Picture+9.png
This is one of my favorite episodes, I could probably quote the whole thing

"She called. I missed her. He yelled 'Cartwright'."
"who's Cartwright?"
"I'm cartwright."
"You're not Cartwright."
"OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT."

Still funny, even though I've seen every episode I don't know how many times on re-runs.

So good, mainly because I can hear his voice inside my head haha.

GManDH

I totally agree. I hate seinfield. i never found it funny and when it was funny it was more of a chuckle not a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom