• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus announced for PS4/Vita

raven777

today's screenshot

B728imaIEAAaDvw.png:large

SerTapTap

What are people seeing in Ryobi? Or Mirai, really. Do people really eat up that "I have no boobs and I am sad for this" thing? That's like 75% of either's personality. At least the secret novelist thing of Mirai is a bit interesting.

Ryobi is kinda fun to play though, hitting someone with a charged shot while they're coming at you is priceless.

Puruzi

Banned
What are people seeing in Ryobi? Or Mirai, really. Do people really eat up that "I have no boobs and I am sad for this" thing? That's like 75% of either's personality. At least the secret novelist thing of Mirai is a bit interesting.

Ryobi is kinda fun to play though, hitting someone with a charged shot while they're coming at you is priceless.
I like Mirai because she's adorable, that one special is hilarious, and she likes using the internet, so she's amazing. Ryobi can go.

If we are discussing rankings ;p (thanks Huge Battleship for the images)

Flawless/God tier
NcKdard.jpg
lpaQFlO.jpg
EkRQ1Sc.jpg
I9lllhu.jpg
CVZ3sKd.jpg
AlX20Hv.jpg
Decent, but remove Ikaruga and Yumi zzzzzzzz

SerTapTap

I like Ikaruga in theory but it felt like her personality was really toned down in Versus. I didn't get too far in SK1 and can't understand SK2. ...and I won't understand Estival either. Sigh

I like Mirai because she's adorable, that one special is hilarious, and she likes using the internet, so she's amazing. Ryobi can go.

Mirai was definitly 'Meh' for me initially, but she really did grow on me from Burst/Hebijo chapter onward. She is a brat but it doesn't stop her from growing stronger and help her friends, whe is has an literary talent besides martial arts, and she even succeded at hacking Shiki's blog :3

Decent, but remove Ikaruga and Yumi zzzzzzzz

What would you do that ? Monster :(

Puruzi

Banned
Mirai was definitly 'Meh' for me initially, but she really did grow on me from Burst/Hebijo chapter onward. She is a brat but it doesn't stop her from growing stronger and help her friends, whe is has an literary talent besides martial arts, and she even succeded at hacking Shiki's blog :3

What would you do that ? Monster :(
Sorry breh, they just seem pretty boring to me. Yumi's hot tho.

SerTapTap

It's not so much hate as...I mean...what's there to like? There's few characters I actively dislike, but some have much less to appreciate personality-wise. Her hair's awful too, easily fixed in-game though--she's pretty cute with the normal twin tails thing.

SerTapTap

Hate to discuss bans, but baekshi is banned at least at present and that SK community thread never happened, what do we do about that? I have a grand total of 1 thread posted and I'm not really sure how all this OT stuff happens

Vylash

You're smarter than the average bear.

Also the official rankings were already decided a few months ago. But I guess I can post a reminder of the top tier:

5AEfmWZ.jpg
5LmN2XE.jpg
5gvvgfY.jpg
Yt2GeDm.jpg

get that shit out of here, Mirai is indeed top tier tho, screw everyone else

Hate to discuss bans, but baekshi is banned at least at present and that SK community thread never happened, what do we do about that? I have a grand total of 1 thread posted and I'm not really sure how all this OT stuff happens
i thought we were gonna make pariah do it

It's not so much hate as...I mean...what's there to like? There's few characters I actively dislike, but some have much less to appreciate personality-wise. Her hair's awful too, easily fixed in-game though--she's pretty cute with the normal twin tails thing.

I'm pretty sure ryobi is the only one who enhance her bust size after her transformation.

My like of Ryōbi is simply put that I like her overall design and she doesn't have any glaring negatives for me. I also like her sister quite a bit too. Then in a close third is Yozakura.

skynidas

Banned
ok, i saw that shinovi versus and bon appetit are on sale on EU PSN. Can someone tell me if they are good games? And what do you do in them?

Puruzi

Banned
ok, i saw that shinovi versus and bon appetit are on sale on EU PSN. Can someone tell me if they are good games? And what do you do in them?
You use titty ninjas to beat up other titty ninjas and remove clothing in versus
Appetit is a rhythm game where they cook food, and whoever has worse food loses their clothing.
They're good to me.

SerTapTap

Don't start with bon appetit, it's a side game, non-canon, mostly just for fans who already play the series and know the characters to enjoy. I've heard okay but not amazing things about it in general.

Versus is awesome, very enjoyable just for gameplay, graphics are pretty good for Vita, tons of content. I think it's around 20 hours to complete, platinum trophy doesn't take much longer than all story/side story missions. The stories are better than you'd expect, everyone has a (usually) interesting and at least somewhat fleshed out back story, and Versus does a good job of introducing you to everyone (less so the characters who debuted in SK1, but it's a fine game to start on).

Localization is great too, it's text only, but the original voice acting are great, and reading isn't too hard. The drama is occasionally alright, humor is pretty good, but it's all skippable if you really must skip it. Combat is basically a musou game without the commanders, allies, objectives. Basically a 3D beat 'em up with occasional swarms of weak enemies, but it's more focused on one on one boss fights. Combat works pretty well, combos aren't too complex but it's satisfying enough. Lots of clothing options for customization.

Fanservice is executed well but you're not required to enjoy it to enjoy the game as long as you have a sense of humor about it. I assume you're at least neutral to it or you wouldn't be asking, the game doesn't hide it's sensibilities. You should at least be able to laugh about it (there's lots of humor and not strictly "haw haw boobs")

ShinMaruku

When are we getting the SK community thread?

Let's be pragmatic, we ain;t gettin one and probably should not push too hard. People love to assume.

Now on to why Ikaruga and Murakamo are awesome, you can love them like money (Rich shinobi princesses, what's not to like)

SerTapTap

Let's be pragmatic, we ain;t gettin one and probably should not push too hard. People love to assume.

Now on to why Ikaruga and Murakamo are awesome, you can love them like money (Rich shinobi princesses, what's not to like)

baekshi signed up for it in the official OT thread. He(?) just ended up being banned, so it hasn't been made. I don't see why an SK community thread would be any less desirable than any of the other threads about it.

I would subscribe very quickly. I just fear for the people it will attract. I would strongly suggest starting in the community section if possible.

Vylash

a community thread would be cool, but it would only take one image that crosses a line to ruin it, not to mention it would attract a lot of people who are just there to start trouble

Top Bottom