• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

getting ready for disappointment

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
On the day my MGR2 hopes are crushed, my Shenmue 3 ones are higher than ever?

This is one fucking crazy E3.

I have heard Yu Suzuki is off his rocker crazy at this point....
So I am guessing we get a 25 million dollar goal Kickstarter later this week!

......For Shenmue City!

Meaty

I hope it doesnt happen and sony invests the money on something people actually know and something actually decent.

Feel free to quote me if I need to eat crow later on.

MilkBeard

This one seems a bit harder to believe. Mainly because this would have to go through Sega. If that was the case, don't you think Sega would want to show it off?

I mean, I guess it's possible that they could have Sony do it if they are involved in backing it in some way.

But we'll see. The fanboy in me doesn't want to adhere to logic right now.

This one seems a bit harder to believe. Mainly because this would have to go through Sega. If that was the case, don't you think Sega would want to show it off?

I mean, I guess it's possible that they could have Sony do it if they are involved in backing it in some way.

But we'll see. The fanboy in me doesn't want to adhere to logic right now.

If Sega sold the rights, they'd have no say in where it gets shown.

It's absolutely not happening.

Aki-at

If Sega sold the rights, they'd have no say in where it gets shown.

It's absolutely not happening.

It's like people forget Bayonetta 2 even happened.

SEGA has no issue in leasing out their IPs.

Besides... They're not even at E3 this year, restructuring and all that takes precedent, so they probably asked Sony to help them announce Shenmue 3, Virtua Fighter 6 and Yakuza 0. Obviously.

Trojan X

Banned
This is like the new Sonic Cycle:

Big names and devs meet Yu Suzuki --> Big Gaming Event draws near -->
Yu Suzuki announce attendance --> Fans around the world scream possible Shenmue 3 announcement -->
Something Shenmue related gets teased online --> Fans goes nuts and brace in anticipation -->
Nothing is shown at the event --> Everyone disappointed --->
Repeat..

Aaaaaand I'm back from my weeklong slumber. Its been hard with all the juicy info flowing the past week. As a former Dreamcast owner I'm pumped about this possibility and generally curious if someone would be willing to make the investment into this game. If not, lets all kickstart it !

This is like the new Sonic Cycle:

Big names and devs meet Yu Suzuki --> Big Gaming Event draws near -->
Yu Suzuki announce attendance --> Fans around the world scream possible Shenmue 3 announcement -->
Something Shenmue related gets teased online --> Fans goes nuts and brace in anticipation -->
Nothing is shown at the event --> Everyone disappointed --->
Swears to never be had again and to give up the dream --> Repeat..

Added one more step.

Just leave us shenmue fans alone. Yu Suzuki is not helping with that tweet. :( We're getting nothing.

I still want it to happen though. Just to see the internet burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom