• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Moon

Neo Member
I skimmed the first six pages and didn't find a translation of the tweet.

What does the tweet actually say?

That editor said that his source is legit. But someone on here said not to trust them.

I just brought it on here since it sounds interesting and could be the thing we fans have been asking for a long time. it seems to corroborate on what's been going on during the day since it seems a tad bit coincidental.

My prediction would be that we'll get a Shenmue HD release during Sony's conference. I don't think we'll see Shenmue 3 just yet,

The franchise needs to be re-introduced and there is no way anyone will put the money to have I and II remaked with today's standards, is going to be the HD collection for sure.

Trojan X

Banned
The franchise needs to be re-introduced and there is no way anyone will put the money to have I and II remaked with today's standards, is going to be the HD collection for sure.

If it's an HD collection then the controls need to be optimised. I probably love Shenmue more than anyone on this thread but even I have to admit that controls optimization and collision is a major thing that need to be done.

If it's an HD collection then the controls need to be optimised. I probably love Shenmue more than anyone on this thread but even I have to admit that controls optimization and collision is a major thing that need to be done.

I agree, it has to be more than an HD port, a lot of stuff need to be "upgraded" to today's standards.

The animations when you are fighting, controls, camera......

mabec

Shenmue 1 needs more then going to "HD". The game is in 4:3 for starter, assets needs to be redone to fit widescreen and all that.

Felensis

Banned
Holy shit, guys. There it is again and this time it gets kindled from Suzuki-san himself. Maybe we'll shit our pants very soon, otherwise:

pf6Ry

Spaghetti

Kind of pointless since his moveset is almost dentical to Akira's. Also nugget of gaming history Shenmue was originally conceptualised as a Virtua Fighter RPG, most of Shenmue's bosses have movesets lifted right out of Virtua Fighter as well.
what? naw.

there are some moves carried over, but ryo actually plays a bit more like dural if anything.

Trojan X

Banned
Shenmue 3 and the last guardian are both confirmed? Neogaf shuts down for remainder of the week.

Can you imagine that??! Soon as you go to www.neogaf.com, all you see is an image of Shenmue and The Last Guardian along with a message underneath saying the following:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances caused by the announcement of the above titles, in the interest of health and safety of our readers we've decided to shut down Neogaf for one week. Business will resume as normal on the following Monday. Neogaf will not be responsible for any mind-explosions."

Xeilyn

A HD remake of Shenmue 1 and 2 would need alot of work. Shenmue is in my top 3 of all time but they have not aged well at all

Rumors said SEGA had 2 PS4 exclusive games. I think this is one of them. Excited if it can happen. Feel sad it will never come to Xbox One.

Really ? Are we still on this ? Shenmue 3 isnt happening guys. And if it had to happen, we'll just be still screwed up as there's still 2 mores games to do AFTER.

At this point, it just feels like Shenmue just became a wild card for a potential console war about exclusives lists :/

eso76

So

Sony conference is coming to an end, but there's still a few minutes left

Lights go out.

Shenmue theme starts playing. Still dark, your heart is racing.

Somone from the public suddenly stands up.

You can't see his face but your heart knows. Clever way to make an entrance, Suzuki san !

The man takes a bow. He looks...embarassed. So humble, typical Japanese modesty.

You can see his hand reach for something in the inside of his jacket. Must be a remote, he's probably going to show us a PPT.

Music stops.

The man starts speaking. It's happening.

"....sorry. Sorry everyone, that was my ringtone, forgot to mute my mobile. Excuse me, please don't mind me. Enjoy the rest of the conference, k thx."

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So

Sony conference is coming to an end, but there's still a few minutes left

Lights go out.

Shenmue theme starts playing. Still dark, your heart is racing.

Somone from the public suddenly stands up.

You can't see his face but your heart knows. Clever way to make an entrance, Suzuki san !

The man takes a bow. He looks...embarassed. So humble, typical Japanese modesty.

You can see his hand reach for something in the inside of his jacket. Must be a remote, he's probably going to show us a PPT.

Music stops.

The man starts speaking. It's happening.

"....sorry. Sorry everyone, that was my ringtone, forgot to mute my mobile. Excuse me, please don't mind me. Enjoy the rest of the conference, k thx."

Followed by angry mob charging the stage...

liquidtmd

Banned
Shenmue 3, Last Guardian and FFVII remake gets announced at E3, 300 page thread consisting purely of 'HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT' replies follows shortly after

I want to believe… but I can't

Too many years of false alarms, shattered dreams, etc

But… IF Shenmue 3 gets announced and IF it's exclusive to PS4, I'm throwing my Xbox One in the fucking sea.

It's genuinely the only game I'd buy a console for.

I want to believe… but I can't

Too many years of false alarms, shattered dreams, etc

But… IF Shenmue 3 gets announced and IF it's exclusive to PS4, I'm throwing my Xbox One in the fucking sea.

It's genuinely the only game I'd buy a console for.
Damn.Can you just ship to my house?

A little off topic, but I think it's funny when people say "you are reading too much into this".

Remember when we were "reading too much into" all the Majora's Mask Remake hints? Look how that turned out :)

liquidtmd

Banned
I just LOVE the insanity that a guy can take a picture of something used to carry boxes around and it inspires a 35 page thread in a day making grown men and women lose their absolute shit about a series that finished 14 years ago.

I heart you guys

ajim

So all he said was 'Found this at E3?" oh god. That means its nothing. Just a bit of fun, hes always down for some fun... WITH OUR HEARTS!!!

I think if he just posted the photo with no comment then maybe it would mean more...

YU I LOVE YU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom