• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbkodama

What's shenmue ?

https://youtu.be/e2qCZMxGZe4?t=3m42s
150615114300138225.png

Stike

I am lowering my expectations, so I will be prepared for anything not happening.

We have U4 gameplay and even Horizon is pretty much guaranteed, anything else is a
megabomba
bonus.

Tears. Lots of tears.

Of joy, speaking of which it will be interested what returning characters we'll see in a possible third game.

Ren is likely giving the conclusion to the events in Kowloon and Guizhang did promise to catch up once he had healed from his wounds.

Erevador

How I feel about everyone in this thread...
tumblr_mti5kkLWQH1si30s6o1_500.png

Every E3 for Shenmue fans...

tumblr_nig04xlQoD1ti6hpio1_500.gif

What I fear Shenmue and Last Guardian fans will feel tomorrow...
tumblr_n4lpoepohB1qzun37o1_500.jpg

But perhaps this E3 will be... the WINNING CAN?
tumblr_n4h1zjwLZO1skasmxo2_r1_400.gif

So many dreams are coming true these days: Star Wars, X-Files, Twin Peaks, Classic Resident Evil, Street Fighter V, DiRT Rally, open world(ish) Zelda...and now Shenmue!

What is it with 2015/16, why does this all happen at once (after years of almost zero important entertainment releases whatsoever)?

@LelouchViBritannia: I'm on board!

eso76

So Nintendo can't possibly do this after saving Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third?

Late reply.

Of course they can, but i don't have a Wii U atm.

I would still celebrate, of course, but it wouldn't be champagne. Just a beer. A good beer though,

Erevador

Late reply.

Of course they can, but i don't have a Wii U atm.

I would still celebrate, of course, but it wouldn't be champagne. Just a beer. A good beer though,
And then you will do what all Shenmue fans will do... head down to the harbor, and lift enough crates to buy a Wii U.

Not likely though. Probably PS4, if it happens.

brett2

If there is no announcement today I will come back to this post for closure. Well done sir.

tumblr_mti5kkLWQH1si30s6o1_500.png

tumblr_nig04xlQoD1ti6hpio1_500.gif

tumblr_n4lpoepohB1qzun37o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n4h1zjwLZO1skasmxo2_r1_400.gif

https://41.media.tumblr.com/659dc50ad9f86b73968845633f644dd8/tumblr_mti5kkLWQH1si30s6o1_500.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/06303d44e998776009fe1c4cfa9fe0ba/tumblr_nig04xlQoD1ti6hpio1_500.gif[IMG]

[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/31d7c4be36c4ccd4d6d2636341614311/tumblr_n4lpoepohB1qzun37o1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/e48684cf595ec0afea8e1f01db62d7f5/tumblr_n4h1zjwLZO1skasmxo2_r1_400.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I heard music, voices and sound effects for every single image

Sami+

You know, I'd be down to give Shenmue another shot. I didn't like it the first time I played it like seven years ago, but I was just a dumbass kid back then. Probably didn't appreciate what made it good. I hope we get a remaster this year at least.

Tizoc

Why are people thinking we're getting Shenmue 3?
More than half of us on GAF have never played Shenmue 1 and 2, let alone 99% of people with a PS4 or XBone, why release a concluding game in a series where most people didn't experience the events of the first 2?
It's Shenmue 1+2 HD announcement, yeesh.

More than half of us on GAF have never played Shenmue 1 and 2, let alone 99% of people with a PS4 or XBone, why release a concluding game in a series where most people didn't experience the events of the first 2?

If anything I would expect a "Shenmue III is coming, but here's I&II in HD to get you up to speed".

Unless they go the movie route like before when it was on XBox.

(All assuming this happens, which I pray it does!)

This is Quantic Dream from September 2013

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantic-dreams-ps4-game-very-very-different-says-cage/1100-6415014/

Quantic Dream's upcoming PlayStation 4 game will be "very, very different" than predecessors Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, studio head David Cage said in a new interview.

"It's very, very exciting; something different from Beyond and Heavy Rain," Cage told Game Informer. "Building on the same grounds but in a very, very different way."

"People should expect to be surprised again because this is really what we try to do with each game: not give people what they expect, give them something they want maybe without knowing this is what they want," he added.

Cage said this untitled PS4 project is still in preproduction because Beyond: Two Souls, due out for PlayStation 3 on October 8, "took all our attention and resources." A "small team" is working on the game's technology, concept, and art, Cage said.

I mean it's vague enough that you can place any fantasy in but it doesn't NOT fit Shenmue.

78% of stats are made up.

Well, actually that's not wrong. What you don't realise is there's only two people on GAF, me and you. I've just got a hell of a lot of alts and I haven't played Shenmue.

N.A

Banned
I'd say in order of likeliness it would be

Shenmue 1&2 HD > Shenmue remake/reboot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shenmue 3

I just don't see how any company would invest money in a direct third entry after all this time.

mabec

Half of the neogafers havent played Fallout 1 or 2 either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom