• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Not like this...

Been waiting for Shenmue 3 for so long.. and when it's announced, it's through a kickstarter and on PS4/PC? Ugh. Better than nothing I guess. But it will take forever before it's actually released.

Not to be a downer. The fade to black and then the Shenmue music starting was one of the most hype moments in E3 history. Just slightly disappointed it wasn't a true reveal.

It is INSANE how fast it's rising.

But I don't understand how this is only targeting 2 million.

I have the distinct feeling this is testing demand for Shenmue 3. When it gets funded in under 5 hours I think Sony will go "Ok time to make this happen"

Also - lolololol @ the kickstarter funding going up

mid83

I just wish there was an easy way to play 1 and 2. I played a little of 1 in college but never finished it.

Zemm

This is very much a wait and see before buying.

I played 1 & 2 on the Dreamcast and whilst they were great at the time a game released playing like that now would be awful.

Damaniel

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is doing some kind of matching funding thing, since $2M seems a bit on the low side. I'm guessing that the KS arrangement is probably due to Yu Suzuki not wanting to be PS4 exclusive.

Anyway, I'm in for $100.

I've said on GAF before that I would pledge $300 if Shenmue ever made it to kickstarter and that is exactly what I just did!

HYPE TRAIN IS FLYING OUT OF MY HEART RIGHT NOW!

Exactly. Why should the general fan pay for this?

So we can get it on PC!!!

We should pay for it as much as we all wish it would happen. They can have my money. I'll never forget shenmue 1. Best game I've experienced and was so ahead of its time. I'm sure it's a lot of nolstagia talking, but idc lol.

Unlucky

Forgive me, GAF, but I am confused. Who's publishing it, Sony? But we are paying for it? Then Sony makes money off it when we pay for it (again) at retail?

Don't get me wrong, I am still glad it is happening one way or another. Maybe there is just something I am not understanding about how this works.

Kammie

Estimated delivery: December 2017.

That is a long time and I may be dead by then.

But it's a crime against gamers from my generation to not back this.

Xieldos

$100 down from me. I actually shed a tear or two when this was announced and stopped watching the conference hah. Man I can't believe this has actually happened.

ajim

Fuck fucj Rh,ejjs!'!

Gonna donate 150 as soon as I get paid tomorrow night!!

Fuckkk

My life is real. The dream is true why is life so good!'!

Why is life the best!!

Backed but the rewards are questionable and there is barely any info about the project. who is helping Yu with the campaign?.

This isn't to back the project, it's to guage interest. Sony/Sega will provide further funding to this once they see what the interest is. $2m isn't enough for a project like this.

benzy

nebipsfjsb.gif

Apharmd

i'm paying a hundred usd for a game that may not come out and if it does it comes out in two and a half years

and all i can think about is thinking how i can restructure my spending this month and next to pay more

oh god

i'm crying

i'm crying

Best case here is that Sony's going to match funding and get investors on-board relative to how quickly the goal's reached, + we could be getting remasters in advance of III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom