• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Nibel

IT'S ON

ibrZajr5Iw6akC.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I cannot force myself to hope for a shenmue return in HD..but in the same time i feel it is sureal..the franchise has been abandonned for so long, and it is so hard to believe that a comeback is finally at hand..is the dream still alive? We'll know soon enough, but goodness be, should a HD remake as well as shenmue 3 be hitting the PS3/PS4, i can assure you that tonight will be very emotional for all of us who grew up with SEGA and the experienced the magic of the dreamcast and Shenmue

ibdXvjfNOgsbO6.gif

Jomjom

Banned
Oh man I have a huge urge to go get my old Dreamcast from the garage to play Shenmue 1 again after this is over.

Oh man, I SO wish I could stream this from work right now. Even if there are no new announcements, I'm sure it's going to chock full of awesome, previously nonpublic facts about the games.

Jomjom

Banned
Why didn't they just get Cerny to translate during Sony's press cons instead of the hilariously bad translators?

BrumGB

Tuned in!

I'm finding it hard to concentrate with the speech over one another.

Dem nostalgia shivers when any shenmue soundtrack gets played.

mattp

so, shenmue exists because yu suzuki was pissed he could walk into walls and not talk to npcs without directly facing them in jrpgs lol

Pro

so, shenmue exists because yu suzuki was pissed he could walk into walls and not talk to npcs without directly facing them in jrpgs lol

Also wanted to be able to throw rocks at fish to feed children which would lead to character discovery.

ajim

Intoduction: sadness, faces loss of father.
Development: overcome grief, travel china
Fight: heroic battle, victory
Conclusion: lost purpose, begins new journey with friend

So good.

Top Bottom