• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake Nurses arent censored says Masahiro I\to

Draugoth

Gold Member
Some people online have been saying Bloober Team decreased the Nurse's clevage in the remake, lead artist came foward to say this it's intentional, the nurse's clevage got bigger with subsequent games:

A few accounts that mistake the nurse in SH:Homecoming for the Bubble Head Nurse in the original Silent Hill 2 scream out that the BHNurse's chest in the SH2 Remake is NOT SO EXPOSED. But, in the 1st place, the actual BHNurse in the original SH2 was NOT so much exposed cleavage

GPFGH04awAA_cqb

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
He's not talking about censoring. He's saying the nurses in the remake aren't as exposed just like the one's in the original SH2 weren't.

Some people are comparing them with the one's in SH: Homecoming, which was not his design and was copied from the movie in the first place.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

All Star Sport GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

I mean,you can still clearly see them...I think people are grasping at straws with this one...

It's not Homecoming level nurse cleavage but then again this is a Silent Hill 2 Remake not Homecoming remake so eh...I don't get the complaints here...

Rayderism

The only complaint I've seen so far that I can agree with is how they uglied up Angela with those chipmonk cheeks. And honestly, that's pretty minor considering it's just a game character. Sure, she looked better in the original game, but like......so what. This is a remake, not a remaster.

Last edited:

Fake

People are really grasping at straws to bash this game.

I don't quite get your surprise.
This tell how much the original game is loved and well respected compared with what Bloober Team are in regards respecting the source material.

They hell know this would happen as soon as they take the challenge to remake one of the best games ever made. If you don't like the heat just give up.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

So are we at the point now where every time a tit is slightly more covered than it is in our memory we’re going to petition online? This shit is so fucking exhausting.

Funny thing it's a bunch of fat angry gamers who are the loudest about it. They wouldn't be so angry if they laid with real women more often.

first time GIF

First time encountering the Silent Hill 'fan' community?
1 - Fans = Unconditional Dick riders?
Toddlers are uncomfortable with the concept of criticism, as always... Which is weird, because the feel-bads, just let people enjoy things bros, are going towards Konami.

And 2 - The people whining about this never played a Silent Hill game. They are not in the community at all.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They're pretty accurate to the originals in SH2, first time I've heard about people saying it's censored.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They're pretty accurate to the originals in SH2, first time I've heard about people saying it's censored.

Anyone whose saying that is mistakenly comparing them to the overly-busty SH Homecoming versions, which were basically a copy of how the nurses looked in the first SH movie, not the original SH2.

TGO

Anyone whose saying that is mistakenly comparing them to the overly-busty SH Homecoming versions, which were basically a copy of how the nurses looked in the first SH movie, not the original SH2.
Homecoming ripped a lot from the Film including the World Transition effect ( which to be fair was awesome)
I'm surprised they haven't moaned about Pyramid Head being small as he was massive in the Film.

Duchess

I remember playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time, arriving at the hospital, and not wanting to go any further because I knew what would be waiting for me :|

consoul

Culture wars really are a full time job now, huh?

It's not censorship if things are different in a remake. Remakes change some things. You can like it or not, but it's not 'censorship'.

Robb

Gold Member
Meh, couldn’t care less. Is it even a nurse? Looks more like someone who died while wearing a sexy nurse outfit at Halloween.

SCB3

Thank God. It was going to be a challenging fap otherwise
Look up Jessica Ngiri Silent Hill and thank me later brother....

Anyway, its not a big deal and I guess with slight spolier here about James overtly sexual thoughts in this game, it makes sense that the Nurses were in Sexy uniform, but then again in Silent Hill its all in the imagination of the Person there so maybe this is how James imagines them or remembers them from when his Wife was in the Hospital

First time encountering the Silent Hill Stellar Blade ‘fan' community?
Fixed…no wait…

First time encountering the Silent Hill Spiderman ‘fan' community?
Fixed? Wait maybe this…

First time encountering the Silent Hill Horizon Zero Dawn ‘fan' community?
Hmm…fixed? Nah, wait a sec…

First time encountering the Silent Hill Resident Evil ‘fan' community?
I think this is finally fixed…unless…there’s more? 🤔

It’s not the game’s community.

Killer8

Fixed…no wait…

Fixed? Wait maybe this…

No, the SH community is far and away the most autistic and nitpicking out of all of the ones listed. Many swallowed the Real Silent Hill Experience jizz-load - and gargled it for good measure - in place of forming any of their own opinions about the series.

This isn't even about culture wars or anything, it's just modus operandi at this point for Silent Hill fansto complain about any deviation from the original four games - for whatever the reason.

No, the SH community is far and away the most autistic and nitpicking out of all of the ones listed.

This isn't even about culture wars or anything
Then can you tell me why the biggest nitpicks and uproar have been about the female character models?

I get why some here and elsewhere are pivoting and trying to put the blame solely on the SH community, because this level of extreme nitpicking makes the anti-woke crowd look bad and hurts their movement. But the bad actors made sure that it’s already too late.

Killer8

Then can you tell me why the biggest nitpicks and uproar have been about the female character models?

I get why some here and elsewhere are pivoting and trying to put the blame solely on the SH community, because this level of extreme nitpicking makes the anti-woke crowd look bad and hurts their movement. But the bad actors made sure that it’s already too late.

Have you been living under a rock for the last year? The entire game has been picked to shreds since day one.

The nitpicks started with the very first trailer. "They ruined James's face" - I mean did you not see the mountain of fucking memes on 4chan about this? The endless discussion online? Bloober even had to finally change it in response to the ahem, constructive criticism.

Then you've got the odd voice line showing an iota more emotion in a trailer and fans are crying "Noo, they ruined muh subtlety!!"

"The teenage rape survivor physically aged beyond her years from abuse isn't sexy enough"

"Akira Yakaoka's Promise has too much guitar riff in the trailer, it's ruined now"

"Maria's outfit has been Sweet Baby'd" - even though it's now closer to Ito's original concept art:

oHV6vpR.png

And Ito is both a) overseeing that aspect of the game and b) on the record as saying that he has more freedom to do what he wants with the Remake than the original. People forget that SH2 itself was heavily influenced by Konami corporate meddling to make a more Westernized Silent Hill.

Even just the fact that Bloober are involved is causing contention because it's being made by Pollacks and not glorious Nippon.

So forgive me if I couldn't give a fuck if the latest nitpicks about the size of some zombie's tits aren't being treated as the new hot topic, because the community already cried wolf so hard with this game long ago.

I mean enough said:

hS59azi.png

4 months ago.

Last edited:
Have you been living under a rock for the last year? The entire game has been picked to shreds since day one.

The nitpicks started with the very first trailer. "They ruined James's face" - I mean did you not see the mountain of fucking memes on 4chan about this? The endless discussion online? Bloober even had to finally change it in response to the ahem, constructive criticism.

Then you've got the odd voice line showing an iota more emotion in a trailer and fans are crying "Noo, they ruined muh subtlety!!"

"The teenage rape survivor physically aged beyond her years from abuse isn't sexy enough"

"Akira Yakaoka's Promise has too much guitar riff in the trailer, it's ruined now"

"Maria's outfit has been Sweet Baby'd" - even though it's now closer to Ito's original concept art:

And Ito is both a) overseeing that aspect of the game and b) on the record as saying that he has more freedom to do what he wants with the Remake than the original. People forget that SH2 itself was heavily influenced by Konami corporate meddling to make a more Westernized Silent Hill.

Even just the fact that Bloober are involved is causing contention because it's being made by Pollacks and not glorious Nippon.

So forgive me if I couldn't give a fuck if the latest nitpicks about the size of some zombie's tits aren't being treated as the new hot topic, because the community already cried wolf so hard with this game long ago.

You seem to be misunderstanding my posts, so I will clear this up so hopefully we can be on the same page here:

1) I'm not saying the SH community is not a part of this. Let's have that be 100% clear.

2) I'm saying that the anti-woke crowd co-opted this and are now running with the ball. The usual culture war youtube grifters have put their videos up already too. This part should be very clear, but for some reason you and others are denying this and pivoting to solely blaming the SH community.

3) You can't still pin this solely on one party, when the other party is fully involved now. That's not how this works.

If you read this post and still think I'm taking away partial blame from the SH community, read number 1 again.

Edit: Actually, Killer8 Killer8 because I know how people here like to post, I will pre-quote what someone here is about to quote:

Fixed…no wait…

Fixed? Wait maybe this…

To explain this quote for those who don't understand or want a 'gotcha', this statement is in regard to the people who want more skin showing on the SH nurses and a supermodel Angela. Those people are the ones I described above.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

So are we at the point now where every time a tit is slightly more covered than it is in our memory we’re going to petition online? This shit is so fucking exhausting.
It's insane.
I'm definitly against the censorship in games, but it's just getting stupid at this point.
People can't actually feel like this matters?

Last edited:

TGO

oHV6vpR.png
Yeah the design never made it to development stage because it all changed due to the nature of the story
Even the unused outfit is consistent with the final
iEHsBtJ.jpeg

Cool that the tattoo goes down the leg
But they went with something more closely to Mary's outfit but this one was still kinda similar

TexMex

It's insane.
I'm definitly against the censorship in games, but it's just getting stupid at this point.
People can't actually feel like this matters?

Agreed - pretty much where I'm at. I'm against censorship in it's true form but we're really blurring the line here for what qualifies. Someone's tits not being big enough for my liking is not "censorship." Neither is putting something over a cocktail dress when updating a character model. These insane, bad faith arguments make it difficult to attack real, substantial censorship issues when they crop up because the defendants can just point to insane shit like this and hand wave it away as just being the ramblings of a bunch of internet creeps.

Top Bottom