• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

BlackArrow

Neo Member
PC Gameplay Showcase.

Launching day and date with the Xbox 360 and PS3 releases, Sleeping Dogs for Windows PCs is set to ship with a stunning set of PC-specific features to bring Hong Kong island to life. With an array of advanced graphical features on-board, the Windows PC release gives gamers with the hardware bandwidth a host of graphical enhancements, hardware optimisations and support for the latest AMD and Nvidia features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaCQlhvVobE

bigace33

Are you kidding me? This attitude is what's ruining the industry.

Bro, for working adults, and full time students, 14-20 HRS is a sweet spot. Heck, 20 hrs is way too much for me. I'm on an 8 hrs or bust. I thought Max Payne 3 over stayed it's welcome and I finished that in like 5 to 7 hours.

Bro, for working adults, and full time students, 14-20 HRS is a sweet spot. Heck, 20 hrs is way too much for me. I'm on an 8 hrs or bust. I thought Max Payne 3 over stayed it's welcome and I finished that in like 5 to 7 hours.

I think for a lot of games the best way to do it is a story mode with no-filler but a lot of optional stuff to do after you beat the game or during it.

Driver San Francisco is a good example in my mind, loved the 6 or so hours it took me to finish the story mode and there's still tonnes of extra content I can do if I want more from the game

luffeN

PC Gameplay Showcase.

Launching day and date with the Xbox 360 and PS3 releases, Sleeping Dogs for Windows PCs is set to ship with a stunning set of PC-specific features to bring Hong Kong island to life. With an array of advanced graphical features on-board, the Windows PC release gives gamers with the hardware bandwidth a host of graphical enhancements, hardware optimisations and support for the latest AMD and Nvidia features.

60 FPS 1080p, nice!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
PC Gameplay Showcase.

Damn, those environments looked great and he said so many delicious things. So happy with my pre-order now.

gdt

PC Gameplay Showcase.

Woah!

HD texture pack confirmed too.

Seronei

PC Gameplay Showcase.

Kind of funny how they have a picture of only the Xbox boxed version at the end of the video.

Looks great though, I'm happy with me pre-order :D

PC Gameplay Showcase.

Goddamn...
dat coat texture

BlackArrow

Neo Member
More PC Information.

Advanced PC Features

Nvidia 3D Support
Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
Window and Full Screen Mode Support
Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features

Contact hardening shadows
HD-AO
Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements

Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire

Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller Support

Xbox360 Controller Support
Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphic Features

Increased Small Object Detail
High Resolution Texture Support
High Resolution Shadows
High Quality Shadow Filters
Soft Particles
High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
High Quality Motion Blur
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported

DLC Support
Achievements
Auto Patching
Pre-Download
Store Save Games to the Cloud
Player to Player Chat.

iNvid02

first i was like

K9VjS.gif

but then i was all

Rx4iO.gif

Has anyone found any benchmarks on this yet? I got a 570 and I hope it run everything on that. I usually have bad experience will DX11.

Derrick01

Banned
PC Gameplay Showcase.

That looked really good, faith restored. I just hope next time they don't wait until 6 days before release to reassure people.

Also I doubt it'll look and run that good on my machine with all those bells and whistles turned on. If I can just use the texture pack smoothly I'll be happy :p

batman2million said:
I usually have bad experience will DX11

Same. As soon as I turn an option on in most games it usually cripples my framerate on my gtx 470. But at least we get a small performance boost just by turning dx11 on.

dreamfall

Wow, that PC trailer! Fears diminishing- really happy about pre-ordering it on Steam. Hi-res pack + Kb/M here we go! Only wish the embargo would lift earlier so we could get more informed impressions. Back to playing Darksiders/waiting!

PC version sounds the way it should be. Now hopefully the reviews for the game are positive and I will consider buying this.

Wow, that PC trailer! Fears diminishing- really happy about pre-ordering it on Steam. Hi-res pack + Kb/M here we go! Only wish the embargo would lift earlier so we could get more informed impressions. Back to playing Darksiders/waiting!

The fact that the embargo is on release day is fine by me since I have it pre-ordered. If I was waiting for reviews before buying it, then I'd be a little peev'd but I don't really care what others think about it because ultimately I'll be playing it and will make my own mind up.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
14-20 hours is plenty long. While not quite a sandbox game, I finished Deus Ex HR in about 20 hours and felt completely satisfied (didn't do missing link).

yeah, glad they didnt pull a ubisoft with the PC release

$45 best version, launched same day as consoles

HDMI-out laptop controller sofa version for me...

JohngPR

That Joystiq live stream is pretty good. Not even because of the PC footage, but they are talking with UFG while they are playing.

MRORANGE

PC Gameplay Showcase.

More PC Information.

Advanced PC Features

Nvidia 3D Support
Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
Window and Full Screen Mode Support
Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features

Contact hardening shadows
HD-AO
Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements

Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire

Mouse, Keyboard, and Controller Support

Xbox360 Controller Support
Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphic Features

Increased Small Object Detail
High Resolution Texture Support
High Resolution Shadows
High Quality Shadow Filters
Soft Particles
High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)
High Quality Motion Blur
Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported

DLC Support
Achievements
Auto Patching
Pre-Download
Store Save Games to the Cloud
Player to Player Chat.

ibnhDlvdKETL9F.gif

Sober

PC Gameplay Showcase.

Also at the end, the cops read him his rights in Cantonese. Super excited for the game.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
When someone asked about mod support in the Joystiq livestream, the dude said to wait and see...

Future Steam Workshop support?

Top Bottom