• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

I'm already depressed at the thought of never being able to purchase one of these.

I just purchased a used SNES and about half of these games a few weeks back. That + a framemeister is all I need. I know I won't even see this product in any stores.

Nintendo burned me with the NES classic, a product I waited hours in line for and never got. Unless they triple the production of the SNES classic, the real fans will be up shit creek and the scalpers will profit.

For a moment I was angry that this thing will have Star Fox 2 before/without it launching anywhere else, but then I realized I wouldn't really like to play the thing anyway. Can't wait to see whether it's actually way more advanced compared to the leaked prototype as alleged.

The presence of Super FX games is encouraging. It's hard to say what exactly changed compared to the past, but it's nice to see Nintendo figuring it out.

The real bad news is that Nintendo may entirely switch to plastic method of delivery of old games which would be a huge boon to me. I don't mind that thing existing, but the fact it may encourage Nintendo to not roll out regular VC on Switch is terrible. Not to mention, many individual games that belong to parties already on the deal will get skipped.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK!!! Awesome list but damn, it's missing Chrono Trigger. Fucking hate Secret of Mana. UGH.

Krammy

A bit pricey, but the fact that it's bundled with Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, and Super Mario RPG really sweetens the pot. A shame there's no Chrono Trigger, but 3/4 of the best JRPG's on the console isn't so bad. Great to see Yoshi's Island on here as well, there's a really good selection of titles to be had!

IronLich

Can't wait to get my hands on this never.

Especially when it comes with the incomplete Star Fox 2.

Their lineup has a few gaps, but their heart is in the right place. Let's hope their mass production gets mass producing this time.

Boke1879

Nintendo would be real dicks if they didn't at least offer preorders.

Hopefully stores pick up the slack if they don't.

Amazon and Best Buy need to absolutely have preorders and limit that shit to one per customer.

I got the NES Classic I can definitely get this!

giphy.gif

ramparter

Banned
This isn't the NES Classic. Nintendo didn't know what they had with that system. I fully expect them to allow preorders this time around. Nintendo must be fully aware of the demand this is going to bring.
They will probably have more and should be enough initially but it will still be very limited.

I hope you all have fun finding one of these in stores, and those who do will own something worth hundreds in the resale market.

gg nintendo.

Hopefully Nintendo learned some lessons this time, I'd really like to get one.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

It likely will, but people were saying it made no sense for them to stop making them suddenly. It should be pretty clear to everyone now that they stopped producing them because they were planning on this to be out in the Fall.

It will still make no sense when they cancel this next year. NAND shortages ok, otherwise nah.

I've wanted this ever since they announced the NES classic. It's been a long time but this will be one of the few times i actually go to a gamestop to preorder.

Fox Mulder

The price hike is probably a good sign for continued production. Nintendo was likely not making anything off of the NES one between licensing and hardware and distribution. That extra 20 plus fewer licensed games means that it'll be much more economically viable to keep in production for longer.

The scalpers will just pass the cost on to their customers anyways.

Camjo-Z

The fact that this has an unreleased game on it had better mean they're either releasing SF2 standalone with the Switch VC or this is going to be widely available. What a dick move it would be to make this as scarce as the NES Classic while bundling a game on it that you literally can't legally play anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom