• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzem

Amazing, especially the PAL design <3

I wish it had Donkey Kong Country 2, Act Raiser, Chrono Trigger and Pilotwings among a few obscure others, but even then that lineup is astoundingly good

Wtf is up with this image?
Is the console square instead of rectangular, or am i seeing things?

The American version seems to have the right proportions.
What's up with this?

this is the much better looking european/japanese version.
US version is hideous.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
DDQnmoyXcAAbWFO.jpg

Superior design, oh yes, looks so much better than that purple nonsense America had.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't have any interest in this after looking at the game list but I'm glad Nintendo is finally putting a F-Zero game on a system they're selling in 2017, people can finally stop complaining. I just hope this means SMRPG eventually comes to the Switch... really any VC news to the Switch would be nice at some point.

Nesther

Now this has games I actually wanna play! I don't I'll have to worry about getting on here in Europe. I saw a regularly priced NES classic here in the wild a few months back.

Raimond

OMFG! THEY DID IT! Can't believe they pulled through. The list is amazing! Literally only major thing I would say they're missing is Chrono Trigger. Surprised they got other Square games but not CT, but oh well still an amazing product.

ramparter

Banned
Wtf is up with this image?
Is the console square instead of rectangular, or am i seeing things?

The American version seems to have the right proportions.
What's up with this?
This one also has the right proprtions, its how the original Snes looked in Europe. Its actually also how Super Famicom looked!

Camjo-Z

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Star Fox 2? Are you kidding me!?

I gave up on NES Classic after a while because I couldn't find any stock but I'll go to any lengths to hunt this thing down.

Great news, however will we actually be able to get one.

Isn't it so sad that the NES classic was not able to meet demand...I assumed it was for the switch VC but if their launching this it's inexcusable not to produce enough to meet demand of the NES classic.

I like how we're all half excited as we know the true reality of actually obtaining one. Sad!

Why is everyone expecting preorders? I guess Europe did have them but NA probably won't.

This isn't the NES Classic. Nintendo didn't know what they had with that system. I fully expect them to allow preorders this time around. Nintendo must be fully aware of the demand this is going to bring.

This has nothing to do with it. Nintendo can still put another 300.000 nes classics on the market and sell them

I don't think Nintendo wants them to overlap though and only have one out at a time to focus on one. Plus it's almost certainly using the same board as the NES Classic, so they just switched that part of the production over to the SNES version anyway.

Lack of DKC2 and Chrono Trigger make me sad, but this is still Ana amazing list. Definitely hope to get one to give as a present.

I think if you added those two it would include every single game I played and loved on SNES as a kid. Even without those this lineup is crazy good.

Still hoping they get their shit together with Virtual Console and let me buy Chrono Trigger on Switch

oatmeal

Banned
I know I won't get one and my hatred of nintendo will deepen.

If virtual console was a thing and the hundreds i spent on the Wii and Wii U could be played on the Switch it wouldn't be as fucking annoying.

J3ffro

None of these stand out as the one game I'd buy for it, but there's like 12 games that I all kinda want. Guess I'll have to fight the good fight in the next few months.

jviggy43

I'm conflicted. I have an SNES with most of these games that still works but star fox 2 and the convenience of having one of these is too much for me to pass. Plus I assume people will figure out hacks which allow for more games.

The price hike is probably a good sign for continued production. Nintendo was likely not making anything off of the NES one between licensing and hardware and distribution. That extra 20 plus fewer licensed games means that it'll be much more economically viable to keep in production for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom