• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, that's expensive but I might try to get one if I can, that's one hell of a game selection.

But it also makes me worry about the future of Virtual Console...

//ARCANUM

Let the 74th Hunger Games begin.

dead2.gif

No Pilotwings, DKC, Actraiser, or Warios Woods? I'll stick to my OUYA with PS3 controllers thanks. Oh and the benifit of full screen.

maxcriden

This is awesome, but the controllers aren't compatible with anything else, right?

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that this and your "one game a month include with Switch Online" is Nintendo's new strategy for selling old games...which sucks for two reasons: limited library, and limited availability.

Give us VC please.

I'm presuming till told otherwise that these controllers will work on Wii as the NES Classic controllers did.

Regarding the new strategy, I agree with you that that would absolutely blow but I have to believe Nintendo will find a way to offer their back catalog on an ongoing basis in some form, and Reggie's Reggie's most recent comments seem to indicate still a possibility.

The NES Classic was mostly for nostalgia's sake, but that's genuinely legendary collection of games. All of those games have touched my SNES (except StarFox 2, obviously). Kinda funny when I think about it.

If it had Chrono Trigger it'd be perfect. It's omission is a real shame.

If you still have the original cart or the Wii VC version of it I'm sure you'll be able to rip the ROMs out of them and inject it into the SNES classic. Of course the game already being included from the start is better but there will probably be an easy remedy.

Xalechim01

Neo Member
I had no interest in the NES Classic, but something about a completed version of Starfox 2 makes me want this. I've played the unfinished version and it's not even that spectacular, but all of a sudden knowing that they finished it...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I want this pretty badly, but I just know that it'll be just like the NES Mini and nearly be impossible to find.

...then get discontinued 2 months later.

And the N64 Classic will maybe replace this, making the point moot.

It likely will, but people were saying it made no sense for them to stop making them suddenly. It should be pretty clear to everyone now that they stopped producing them because they were planning on this to be out in the Fall.

Holy FUCKING SHIT at that lineup.

FFVI!? Earthbound!? Yoshi's Island? Secret of Mana?! SMRPG?? Star Fox 1 and 2?!?! They went above and beyond. Holy shit.

Please please please do preorders for this.

Gradon

This just pushes Switch Virtual Console back even further, I guarantee there will be pre order issues, scalpers, lack of re-stocking the thing and then its eventual discontinuation.

And it's a shame because this device is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom