• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindatlarge

Ok, was away for a bit. What's in 55 or less minutes?
tumblr_nvk8s5Vnkg1u53ccjo1_500.gif

Lee

Amazon diverted their post-launch NES Classic allotments to PrimeNow and have made exclusive amiibo Prime-only products. This is not out of the question.

While this would suck, we just got PrimeNow in my zip code and I'm sitting on a $10 promo so I wouldn't complain.

Fox Mulder

SNES isn't even a good console. Mega Drive was GOAT.

...yeah, if we're re-releasing consoles from the 90's, we're resurrecting this old war too!

I have issues with how god awful nintendo handles these, but they put care into them. Sega doesnt give a shit about quality and licenses their name and games out to actual trash.

Koren

For me, yes. Not sure about you - but I didn't grow up with it in America. Being from the UK, we didn't get the likes of FF6, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, and other games that I happen to think are the best on the system.
As it has been said, SoM was available (if you're talking about Seiken 3, it's not in US either).

And while some of the best games were indeed not available, I still think the EU offer is stellar (and above Genesis/Megadrive).

It's not as if Megadrive in EU hasn't several of its best titles unavailable too.

(plus without Internet imports were expensive, but you could enter basically any VG shop and buy them, and adaptors or mod your console... I mean, I even bought US etroid just because I didn't want to wait a couple months for the EU version after reading the previews... and I have as many US/Jp games as EU, I believe)

RootCause

This thread is more exciting than the NBA Draft
The stakes are much higher too.

ps: Can't wait for FA.

Amazon diverted their post-launch NES Classic allotments to PrimeNow and have made exclusive amiibo Prime-only products. This is not out of the question.

(Though I suspect it won't happen simply because preorders won't have opened anywhere in the US by then)

Amazon have turned to the dark side.

Kadin

Anyone else have zero faith in Amazon's availability notification system? They sent me an email about the NES Classic about two weeks after they were totally sold out last time.
I haven't used it in years. The few times I did, the notifications came ridiculously late.

RedBoot

While this would suck, we just got PrimeNow in my zip code and I'm sitting on a $10 promo so I wouldn't complain.

It's how I got my NES Classic. I would not have been able to get one otherwise. Still sucks for consumers in general, though. :p

Either way if they put some on PrimeNow it won't be til release date or later, since same-day is the point of the thing.

Amazon have turned to the dark side.

Kinda. At the same time, they're taking a product with shitty distribution that they likely don't make much on and using it to promote their own services. From a business perspective, it's really the only way they benefit from it. It's the same as Gamestop bundling their NES Classics with a book and upping the price by $50. Companies will make the best of a bad situation.

(Sucks for all of us tho)

As every hour passes I slowly lose my will to check. Im not getting this product, I can feel it.

Honestly its an amazing package but DKC should be swapped out for DKC2, and Dream Course for something like Chrono Trigger.

Biggest Missing Games:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II
Mega Man X2 and X3
DKC 2 and 3
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Legend of Mystical Ninja
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 1 - 3

what else?

I really would have loved to see Tetris Attack. And Aladdin I guess would be cool. Maybe NBA Jam. But overall, they really nailed it.

liquidtmd

Banned
I preordered from Nintendo UK earlier.

Legit question - are they reliable?
stop laughing

Can I expect day one stock I mean do we think from people's past exp? It was up for about 25min and I ordered 15 min before it sold out.

SpecX

Anyone else have zero faith in Amazon's availability notification system? They sent me an email about the NES Classic about two weeks after they were totally sold out last time.

I'm with you, not just on the NES classic but it doesn't work for any hot items. I usually get the notice it's in stock long after what I want stocked out. They need to work on that shit.

7roject28

Same thing happened to me at Gamestop with the Switch. Their site was like, Yo, signup so you get notified when Switch preorders are up. Signed up, preordered from Best Buy, and never saw an email notification from Gamestop.

I'd argue that the Genesis Collection on PC is better than any of Nintendo's emulation projects by miles. I like the whole "90s kid's room" environment, and the display options are solid.

Yo, that collection is the best. Reminds me that I still need to finish my run of Phantasy Star 2...

R0ckman

One thing that frustrates me about NoA is the way they handle their misteps. Rather than apologizing or saying they will do better next time, they double down and spin the situation into a scenario to self backpat; then continue on with the same nonsensical behavior.

I remember a couple of years back when fans were dissapointed in an E3 direct, the late Iwata apologized to fans and said they would do better next time; Reggie jumps in and tries to nullify the apology. Smh.

liquidtmd

Banned
One thing that frustrates me about NoA is the way they handle their misteps. Rather than apologizing or saying they will do better next time, they double down and spin the situation into a scenario to self backpat; then continue on with the same nonsensical behavior.

I remember a couple of years back when fans were dissapointed in an E3 direct, the late Iwata apologized to fans and said they would do better next time; Reggie jumps in and tries to nullify the apology. Smh.

Yep.

Expecting 'Unprecendented demand that caught us totally by suprise' PR incoming

bosh

Setup an IFTTT so whenever Wario64 tweets I get a text of the tweet. Will keep me spamming F5 for the rest of the day.

Koren

Biggest Missing Games:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy II
Mega Man X2 and X3
DKC 2 and 3
Breath of Fire 1 and 2
Legend of Mystical Ninja
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 1 - 3

what else?
You'll get hundreds of suggestions...

There's not even a single shmup... at a time where there were plently of iconic ones.

As far as RPG go, Tales of and Quintet trio (Soulblazer (blader), Illusion of Time (Gaia) and Terranigma), and Ogre are sorely missing.

I would have expected Pilotwings, I'm surprised about this one. Yoshi Cookie/Panel de pon too.

Beside those, personally, Uniracer, Tiny toons, Sim city, Harvest Moon, Demon's crest, bust a move, Actraiser...

But you can't do much with 21...

SNES has to many big games but i think they should swapped Dream Course for Chrono Trigger because it needs to be there. I feel like its the most iconic SNES RPG IMO.

Other than that this shit has a really really good selection of games, far better than the NES classic.

I disagree. I'd prefer Dream Course remain and some other RPG get swapped out. I think the list of games is already too RPG-centric. More variety is preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom