• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker666

Only omission I was hoping for was Actraiser. Otherwise, pretty awesome.

No Actraiser is a real shame..same with Pilotwings.

Both those games really screamed SNES to me..probably more than most other games as they were both launch window titles.

Kadin

Same, but don't worry it'll be hacked within the first few weeks of release guaranteed.
I never got my hand on a NES Classic, were people able to add other games to it and did they all run as well using the emulation system designed by Nintendo or did they have to add an additional emulator to run the other games?

Spacebar

About 20 mins left until 3pm est. everyone raise your hands in the air and lend your spirits to the pre order gods. We need all the energy to make this happen.

RedRumy3

I never got my hand on a NES Classic, were people able to add other games to it and did they all run as well using the emulation system designed by Nintendo or did they have to add an additional emulator to run the other games?

pretty much was able to load it with roms and just play them easy

moltonasty
Part of the problem
Today, 02:35 PM, Post #9625

LOL. No doubt this is true, but don't hate the player hate the game. NOA gotta get their act together, in the meantime I'm making sure I have a backup plan.

The full, completed version of Star Fox 2 is readily available with all the features?

- Two SNES controllers that work on Wii, Wii U, NES Mini, SNES Mini, and potentially the Switch.
- Exclusive release of Star Fox 2.

Fair enough, but you know the ROM will be extracted shortly after release for use on emulators or even flash carts/repros. The extra controllers does make it an excellent value though.

Megatron

I disagree. I'd prefer Dream Course remain and some other RPG get swapped out. I think the list of games is already too RPG-centric. More variety is preferred.

I wouldn't trade it for ff6 or Mario rpg, as those I haven't played nearly as much. I would keep Mana for co op, and it's an action rpg any way. So if I were swapping chrono trigger for another Rpg I would replace Earthbound with it.

LOL. No doubt this is true, but don't blame the player hate the game. NOA gotta get their act together, in the meantime I'm making sure I have a backup plan.

Fair enough, but you know the ROM will be extracted shortly after release for use on emulators or even flash carts/repros. The extra controllers does make it an excellent value though.

But... how will you obtain it since it is illegal ?

Could certainly slow down under traffic, but for other popular releases like the Switch and BoTW Master Edition the text alerts were always instant for me. I trust it.

Yeah, I just use the iOS Twitter App but updates from Wario64 are how I got a Neon Switch for my girlfriend a few weeks ago.

I even turned Notifications for Twitter on on my Apple Watch, SNES Classic got me shook as fuck. ):<

EmiPrime

I'm glad I stuck around staring at his biceps to also laugh at his sarcasm.

His biceps are great to be fair.

For those who don't understand the joke, Miller is a massive Nintendo fan who regularly satirises anti-Nintendo rhetoric with "Nintendo is for babies" troll videos. Should be pretty obvious to anyone who watched the whole video.

Fox Mulder

What is it about Nintendo that brings out such insanity?

• About to hit 10k posts and the thing got announced yesterday morning
  • Pre-orders haven't opened in NA and other regions
  • It's a box of roms that are readily available on many other already existing platforms

Don't get me wrong, I already got two pre-orders in but damn the loonies are out in full force!

seemingly everything nintendo is fucked in the US. Amiibo, limited editions, gamecube adapters, consoles, world of nintendo toys, etc. Bullshit scalpers and preorders while other countries get through just fine.

Why cant they just take a fucking preorder and judge demand on that? NoA is always saying we learned this or that, only for it to be the same shit every time. It's sad people expected 3am preorders on amazon, because it has actually happened in the past. They'll post on twitter this holiday when people line up for the limited stock at their nyc store too.

DataGhost

Yeah, I just use the iOS Twitter App but updates from Wario64 are how I got a Neon Switch for my girlfriend a few weeks ago.

I even turned Notifications for Twitter on on my Apple Watch, SNES Classic got me shook as fuck. ):<

Won't you be getting a lot of tweets that aren't related to the SNES as well? Not gonna be fun to filter it out when it might be constantly blaring

12PM NOON PST; 3PM EST - COMING UP.

This could be the one.

I have applied a sticky residue to my fingertip so I don't accidentally hit F6 when spamming F5.

The F4 Key is actually off to the left in a separate section, so no worries that way.

It's that F6 key that sneak up on me.

Absolutely, it runs 8 and 16 bit era games pretty flawlessly, and you can even run MAME , CPS2 and Neo Geo roms. Basically the majority of NES games will load up on it with no external emulators required, whereas for other systems you upload additional emulators.

You can also straight up run Retroarch on it, it's pretty awesome.

I have to run a meeting at 3!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Customer: "Lets talk status on these products"

Me: "Hold on bitch, I'm trying to get a SNES Classic."

UCBooties

His biceps are great to be fair.

For those who don't understand the joke, Miller is a massive Nintendo fan who regularly satirises anti-Nintendo rhetoric with "Nintendo is for babies" troll videos. Should be pretty obvious to anyone who watched the whole video.

Does he also do videos for WhatCulture? His voice sounds familiar.

Looking at Game's twitter account, the amount of insults is getting massive, specially after they started joking about selling a "Gameware F5 replacement Key" for today's preorders.

So, the damage report for today:

- Underperformed during a crash course on Log4J 2.
- Skipped gym (arms day) not getting .
- Spent the rest of the evening F5'ing at home. Skipped guitar practice too.

I keep considering that I may be a masochist when it comes to nintendo. Years ago I skipped class to get Zelda: Twilight Pringles on GC due to my preorder being cancelled, more suffering with Wii... On the good side, I haven't bothered with the Steam summer sale, which is rather cool.

SNES Classic, or another dock for my Switch? I'm thinking I'll go with the extra dock as the games are sure to hit Switch at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom