• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Not sure if this was already posted but some of the guys who developed Star Fox 2 were out partying with the news that the game will finally get released.

DDU8YfgV0AE_wSo.jpg

More at Dylan Cuthbert's twitter.

Haha, that's certainly a range of emotions.

It's how my own personal Herman's Head of Japanese game developers would look.

Lee

Setup an IFTTT so whenever Wario64 tweets I get a text of the tweet. Will keep me spamming F5 for the rest of the day.

Also, Twitter has that built in if you don't use IFTTT. You just have to link your phone number to your account.

AC6M3Nk.png

Using it currently, but never used it before. Dunno how quick it is considering the number of people signed up to this thing by now

Could certainly slow down under traffic, but for other popular releases like the Switch and BoTW Master Edition the text alerts were always instant for me. I trust it.

yes. even UMK3 did.

Ultimate MK3 was one of my most played games on SNES, just because you could enter a cheat and play Galaga. I loved Galaga. I still remember the cheat, too, because it was "UBALDY" (Up, B, A, Left, Down, Y). That game had the best cheat codes; RUBBADUBDUB and BADDLAXBABY were the other ones. So much easier to remember than some random string of directions.

What is it about Nintendo that brings out such insanity?

• About to hit 10k posts and the thing got announced yesterday morning
  • Pre-orders haven't opened in NA and other regions
  • It's a box of roms that are readily available on many other already existing platforms

Don't get me wrong, I already got two pre-orders in but damn the loonies are out in full force!

traveler

Not Wario
Assuming the list count is capped at 21, the only changes I'd make are trading DKC for DKC2, and finding some way to get Chrono Trigger in there. Not sure what to drop, though- probably one of the other rpgs.

Kitoro

At first I was worried when I saw 21 games, and while I'd like there to be at least twice that, they really curated a fantastic list of games.

I was upset that Nintendo wouldn't let me get an NES Classic, but I got over it quickly. I'll be FURIOUS if I can't get one of these.

Yazzees

As much love as I have for the SNES, I really don't want this thing. I don't have the time or living arrangement to be chained to my tv by a wired controller. They need to hustle on Switch VC already, which I'm pretty sure this and the NES Classic were meant to build hype for.

Also no DKC2 is a huge disappointment, that is the SNES game for me.

One thing that surprised me is that Japan isnt getting EarthBound, since Japan was where it was most popular. Its one of the last games I thought would be switched out.

Japan didnt get MOTHER/EB Beginnings in the Famicom Mini either. Does this mean that EarthBound is more popular in the USA now?

At first I was worried when I saw 21 games, and while I'd like there to be at least twice that, they really curated a fantastic list of games.

I was upset that Nintendo wouldn't let me get an NES Classic, but I got over it quickly. I'll be FURIOUS if I can't get one of these.

Same, but don't worry it'll be hacked within the first few weeks of release guaranteed.

sfried

• It's a box of roms that are readily available on many other already existing platforms

Don't get me wrong, I already got two pre-orders in but damn the loonies are out in full force!
The full, completed version of Star Fox 2 is readily available with all the features?

Shiggy

- Two SNES controllers that work on Wii, Wii U, NES Mini, SNES Mini, and potentially the Switch.
- Exclusive release of Star Fox 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom